Assyria - Royal Library

I have noticed that the Guilds (Writers, Artists, Musicians) are located under the Wonders in the city. Does that mean you can build just one Writers Guild per empire? So if I build the WrtitersG in the Capital, I cant build it in another city?

Does someone know how it works?

I have noticed that the Guilds (Writers, Artists, Musicians) are located under the Wonders in the city. Does that mean you can build just one Writers Guild per empire? So if I build the WrtitersG in the Capital, I cant build it in another city?

Yes, that's right. It's best to build them at capital or a city that has huge GP bonuses.

I have a question about upgrading the siege towers all the way to artilleries. Does the buff still stay?

Yes, that's right. It's best to build them at capital or a city that has huge GP bonuses.

I have a question about upgrading the siege towers all the way to artilleries. Does the buff still stay?
My preferred "guild city" is on a river or lake (for Garden) with significant food resources nearby. I prefer not to build them in my capital, as I don't want to "waste" that many citizens in what is probably my best science city and one of my better production cities.

Siege towers do not keep the Sapper promotion after upgrade. It's likely a moot point, as they have to be adjacent to the city to grant the bonus, and the entire point of artillery is that you don't have to get close to the city to use it. Siege Towers don't upgrade well in general, since they're stuck with melee promotions after they grab Cover II.

The first 3 great works of writing I obtained through taking over cities from enemies and since I was getting many military units from military city states I didn't get to make use of the extra 10 experience points until I started to build frigates. That extra experience does help to get the extra range quicker. The siege towers were awesome, especially in combination with crossbowmen and I even used them with cannons.

I was playing on Deity and went tradition which worked out fine as I did need some tall cities for a decent tech rate to get military techs. The UA was great as it helped me to get all the other techs until I was the #1 in technology and finished of the final civs with battleships. I had planned to go with autocracy, but since I had ignored my culture I went with freedom since Siam, a culture runaway, had chosen freedom and would've given me a 30 happiness hit if I had chosen autocracy.

Top Bottom