Automatic vassals out of existing cities ???

Agamemnus

Warlord
I've been playing this mod this week and it's great. I do have a problem... some of my cities automatically form a vassal state randomly. I think it might have to do with the size of the "colony" island versus my home island. I try to head it off by gifting cities to random AIs, but it's really getting annoying. In fact, I had just finished a game with a domination/"Holy War" victory, when they AI decided to break off about 8 of my 29 cities on the same turn. (I wanted to keep going and finish them all off)

I've searched on google with no luck as to the case... is there any way to disable this, if it isn't a bug?

Thanks!

Which version are you running?
Is it possible that this is from an a version which still has Revolutions code in it, and that your ini file still had revolutions active and thus was running some of that stuff?

If there are still remnants of the colony mechanics in the code, we should try to remove those.

I don't know, I can't find where the version is listed.

I just downloaded the latest version from the civfanatics website a few days ago.

There is a Revolution.ini file in the mod, but also a Dune Wars ini file. The Dune Wars.ini file has no mention of anything having to do with vassals or "revolution".

Edit: I think it's 1.9 something because I have a file called "assets/dune-wars-1-9.FPK".

I think Ahriman asked almost the right question but in a little confusing way. Do you play multiple different mods? Were you recently playing some other mod (before Dune Wars) which used revolutions? The radio button choices for revolutions are stored in a public place, and sometimes leftover revolutions code in Dune Wars gets excited by these radio buttons and starts doing something.

If that may be happening to you, edit your file "my documents/my games/Beyond The Sword/CivilizationIV.ini" and search for the one line which says "Game options". After that is a whole bunch of 0's and maybe some 1's. Edit this file to turn all the 1's on this line (this line only) into 0's. Then save it and run Dune Wars.

If you had previously run mods with revolutions, and you found some 1's in this line, this may possibly be the solution.

The last thing I played was one of the standard mods for BtS, Gods of Old. I have never played a mod with Revolutions code nor had anything like this happen.

The GameOptions variable is all 0s in My Games/Beyond the Sword/.

Interesting to note: when this happens, and I try to reload to a previous save, I usually crash.

I can upload the save game (1 turn before I get a victory and several of my cities fracture into a vassal simultaneously) if you'd like.

Top Bottom