Azeroth Map, and some questions

rpgarcher

Chieftain
hey guys, I was home sick from work the other day, and decided to try my hand at map making. I figured I might as well share the end results for anyone else that was interested. I had some questions that perhaps someone more experienced may answer:
how do I add/remove/alter civs from my scenario? (I want stormwind to be sabathiel, not tasunke)
how do I just make a map without it being a scenario?
is there any way to make custom leader pictures without making it a whole modmod?
is there any way to copy/paste part of my map? (I want to delete teldrassil, make it smaller, and move all of kalimdor up like 4-5 spaces and fix squashing problems in the south)
is it possible to add an extra line or 2 of terrain to one side or the other? I had to squash the southern parts of the continents because I didn't plan well

some notes before leaving feedback:
I know decius is sorta akward down there. he was in the game, and I didn't know how to get rid of him, and map balance sorta needed another race in kalimdor
I know teldrassil is rather large. I meant to exagerate its size so that elves weren't gimped by starting on a small island, but I kinda overdid it
I tried to balance accuracy with playability, which resulted in a lot less mountains than an accurate map would have.

thanks for any feedback, or just enjoy a vaguely azeroth scenario

how do I add/remove/alter civs from my scenario? (I want stormwind to be sabathiel, not tasunke)

XML file. Look in "(blah, blah, blah)/BeyondTheSword/Mods/(mod name)/Assets/XML/(lots of folders with XML files here)

The files you're looking for are civilization infos and leaderhead infos (I think, there may be a few others depending on how many changes you want to make.) Most people seem to use the notepad++ program for editing, if you don't already have something that can edit these files.

Top Bottom