Barbarian Tribes (Playable Barbarian Civ)

rf900

Warlord
Barbarian Tribes​

Description:

This mod will try to alter normal gameplay by giving the player control of a special civ. This civ has been changed to represent a barbarian civilization, forget about :c5culture: culture, you will never go to space, diplomacy only to delay the conquer... A lot of roleplay is involved to make it work, you should act merciless, pillage everything, :c5razing: raze cities and try to rule the world :c5occupied: as soon as possible before the civilizations grow in power and technology.

Changes:

• 4 Civs playable: Aztec, Iroquois, Songhai and Mongol (AI will not pick them).
  • Removed techs from barbarian civ, it shares original path but with locked techs creating an alternative one. Removed techs:

Spoiler :
    TECH_ACOUSTICS
    TECH_ARCHAEOLOGY
    TECH_BANKING
    TECH_BIOLOGY
    TECH_CALENDAR
    TECH_ECOLOGY
    TECH_ECONOMICS
    TECH_EDUCATION
    TECH_FERTILIZER
    TECH_GLOBALIZATION
    TECH_MASS_MEDIA
    TECH_NANOTECHNOLOGY
    TECH_PARTICLE_PHYSICS
    TECH_PENICILIN
    TECH_PHILOSOPHY
    TECH_PLASTIC
    TECH_PRINTING_PRESS
    TECH_REFRIGERATION
    TECH_SCIENTIFIC_THEORY
    TECH_TELEGRAPH
    TECH_THEOLOGY
    TECH_WRITING

• Removed buildings mostly not related to war :c5war: from barbarian civ. Buildings left for barbarians:

Spoiler :
    BUILDING_ARMORY
    BUILDING_ARSENAL
    BUILDING_BARRACKS
    BUILDING_CASTLE
    BUILDING_CIRCUS
    BUILDING_COLOSSEUM
    BUILDING_FACTORY
    BUILDING_FORGE
    BUILDING_HARBOR
    BUILDING_IRONWORKS
    BUILDING_KREPOST
    BUILDING_MILITARY_BASE
    BUILDING_MONUMENT
    BUILDING_MUGHAL_FORT
    BUILDING_SEAPORT
    BUILDING_STABLE
    BUILDING_WALLS
    BUILDING_WORKSHOP

• Barbarian civ starts with 3 settlers for early expansion
  • Barbarian civ can create with low cost the building Barbarian Hut increasing military :c5production: production by 50% (the cost is reduced to 2/3)
  • Worker for barbarians works at a decreased rate (half), "slave your opponents workers..."
  • City states :c5influence: influence is harder to get by money
  • City states :c5influence: influence gain from missions increased. Frequency of missions also increased.
  • Added traits for barbarian civs:
    Spoiler :

TRAIT_AMPHIB_WARLORD
    TRAIT_CONVERTS_LAND_BARBARIANS
    TRAIT_CONVERTS_SEA_BARBARIANS
    TRAIT_CULTURE_FROM_KILLS
    TRAIT_FIGHT_WELL_DAMAGED

• Included with modifications the Specialized Barbarian units by Lord Shadow. Barbarian civs will create these units, plus their unique and some common ones.
  • Had to add a new building for civilized civs to restrict barbarian construction. Manor that gives +1:c5science:science and +1:c5culture: culture to distinguish even more between the two types of civs.

To do:

• Get some more real barbaric civs and apply the changes to them, Mongols, Vikings, Huns... (will probably take some already done)
  • Restrict policies that can be selected
  • Add a complete alternative tech path (maybe)
  • Place the settlers in random positions at start
  • Other civs should be less friendly

Things I don't know or cannot do:

• Have option to raze all cities (Not anymore see my signature, I should retake this mod...)

Download:

Attachments

• Barbarian Tribes (v.6).zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,900
Previous versions had some bugs, this one is more stable. Hoped I get more comments, I will play more games with it to keep balancing things, but it is good for fast games, small maps and try to end with all civs before they start to overcome you.

Sounds awesome! I will check it out when I get home. Thank you for the MOD!

Next update v7:

-AZTEC and SONGHAI will get 4 settlers instead of 3 as they have one less trait.
-Manor will give +5 science to broaden the initial difference in tech for civilized techs as they start with less cities
-Cities will start with less defense, but will get more bonuses for population and tech. To make a difference for defense in cities from civilized vs barbarian civs.
-Added instructions to mod in the loading screen and full list of traits that you get
-Barbarian units stats tweaked, usually weaker but move more. Want to give some specialties as I don't need to teach the AI, only the player will use them.
-Missions from city states should start sooner, as game is meant to be ended before a normal one.

-Maybe all civs should always be at war with you?
-Need to find a way to increase happiness for barbarian, maybe with combat itself. Also there seems to be few benefit for barbarians to produce buildings instead of units?

Great Mod ... but it's fairly easy... all you need is to find other civs and move in groups with your brutes and bandits ...

it would be better if there was no unhappiness... this ruins it, cause you have to worry about rebels spawning

Top Bottom