Best place to buy Brave New World

Xoon

Warlord
So I got CivV and Gods and Kings on Steam and recently got back into them. Realized that I don't have Brave new World. I want to get the download version, but I don't want to pay $30 for an old expansion. Is there someplace I don't know about to download a digital copy legally without waiting for a Steam sale?

And yes, I can afford $30. It's the principle of the thing.

Thanks guys! Awesome. Of course I stalling it means killing the sweet game I'm in the middle of but oh well...gotta break few eggs.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/civilization/?snr=1_4_4__winter2015-featured Go get it. $12.49 for the whole package or cherry pick the dLC you don't have yet.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World $7.49
Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) $1.24
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings $1.24
Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca $1.87
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean $0.74
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia $0.74
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas $0.74
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia $0.74
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia $1.24
Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea $1.24
Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack $1.24
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack $1.24
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack $1.24
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack $1.24
Civilization V: Explorer’s Map Pack $1.24

Yeah
The same price I got it for last year or the year before. Very nice. I also see a rival game friends told me to take a gander at ... EU4 which is 66-75 % off at the moment too on Steam.

Brew God

CiV noob here with a noob question.

Are Brave New World & Gods & Kings separate games then, or is it like Civ4 where BTS contained everything in Warlords?

Bought CiV GOTY in a steam sale yonks ago (hardly played it, got impatient with the tutorial) and it's got loads of additional stuff but neither BNW or G&K.

BNW and G&K are treated as DLCs to the Civ 5 base game.

Warlords and Beyond the Sword are also treated as DLCs to the Civ4 base game (though kind of differently on steam maybe).

Let's rephrase the question.

The second major additional content for Civ4, Beyond the Sword, also contained all of the content from the first update, Warlords. The game kind of evolved. Here's some extra stuff. Here's even more extra stuff. You can play the Warlords expansion on its own, but you can't play BTS without the Warlords content (afaik).

Is it the same for CiV? Does Brave New World also contain all of the content from Gods & Kings?

Now, having just typed the above, I've just gone to look at steam, and it's showing BNW as DLC but not G&K. I'm really confused now :lol:. I'm guessing you still need (i.e. have paid for) the base CiV to be able to play G&K and that's a steam cock up, right?

Damn, now I've asked two questions.

Jeez and I still find Civ4 hard :wallbash:

Both are DLC, but far more comprehensive that other, more bite-sized DLC -- hence, they are referred to as expansions.

BNW contains all of the game mechanics of Gods & Kings, but with important changes and additions to those mechanics. But (with the exception of Ethiopia) you don't get G&K civs with BNW, and you don't get G&K's scenarios. Also, you can't open a G&K save game with BNW -- the games are too different in that respect.

Expansions.

Yes. Expansions is the word I was looking for. Thank you Browd.

Sounds pretty similar to how 4 went then.

Don't start me off about "Why can't you just give us all of the content when we first pay for the game rather than milk us?". I hate the way gaming has gone down that path.

Top Bottom