BouncyMischa's Civilizations

Going through the music files, as it's one of the last things to finish up. I looked at Eggman's files, and he's only got the one Peace and War theme, so I'm not sure if he even really has a soundtrack. (I may have to check and see which of the base game's themes he's using...)

At some point I'd like to try and do a soundtrack, as there is a lot of nice music out there, but for now going with the one peace and war theme...

I have to agree with Hoop Thrower, I think the orchestral Mega Man 2 opening is better suited to Dr. Light than Dr. Wily -- it feels all pastoral and happy. The quartet doing the Mega Man 3 opening along with Wily's theme is a lot better, although it's annoying that it has almost 15 seconds of silence to start.

Still, since the Megaman 3 opening seems more "Wilyish", I tried poking around for some other versions of it.

This remix of the Megaman 3 opening seemed really nice, with a more bombastic feel to it than the purely-string version. It's just annoying that it's so short, at only 1:30. If I had the software, I'd loop it a few times to stretch it out... it ends so abruptly. Even having it segue into a Wily theme would be nice...

I did find this orchestral rendition of Wily's theme.

I do still like Ribeiro's version of Wily's theme for the War music still.

I've found a ton of awesome-sounding Megaman Zero orchestral music... X3 C'mon, why can't we get a version of Wily's theme that sounds more like this or this?

Dunno, feels kinda grating to the ears and tiring when you're halfway through it, certainly not the best theme.

Edit: I'd still give Sandersen's version a consideration, either for war of peace:

Link to video.

Wait, what? Okay there's clearly been some confusion here: I want Sandersen's version for War. Ribeiro's stuff sounds way too phony for my taste, I don't want him used for anything. As for the song I'd like for the peace theme, I think it fits the chill atmosphere of a civ game you're just starting quite well, it'd work okay as a leader diplomacy theme for him too, I think.

Originally, I had been using Sandersen's theme for the peace theme, and Ribeiro's as the war theme.

If nothing else, I might just include a variety of themes, and people can pick whichever they like most? X3

Well, to me, the Sandersen arrangement gives off a much more serious, grandiose vibe than would be suitable for a peace theme. The heavy, slamming percussion, and choral accompaniment would be wasted as a peace theme. Whereas the relaxed, laid-back orchestral cover you dug up seems a much better choice to me.

Well, to me, the Sandersen arrangement gives off a much more serious, grandiose vibe than would be suitable for a peace theme. The heavy, slamming percussion, and choral accompaniment would be wasted as a peace theme. Whereas the relaxed, laid-back orchestral cover you dug up seems a much better choice to me.

I'll probably go with that, then.

Anyways, unfortunately I wasn't able to get the mod published this weekend like I'd hoped -- I ran into some last minute snags with the UU models that Civitar helped me iron out. I also cleaned up some other minor glitches in the graphics so I can get the proper screenshots done.

One thing I'm wondering about the UA... is the 5%/unit bonus a bit too weak? Most of high-production cities where I'm building units can make a unit in 10 turns or less, so even with a 15% bonus I'm only saving a turn or two. I'm wondering if it'd be worthwhile to increase the bonus a bit, by either increasing the cap to 25% (max 5 units), or increasing the bonus itself to 10% (so with a maximum of 30%).

Again, whatever you think will work best. So long as it doesn't seem too unbalanced to you. I don't have as much experience with the techincal stuff like this.

So Dr. Wily is finally published! No Events and Decisions for him yet, but hopefully soon!

In the meantime, so there isn't just an empty post here...

Spoiler :

You're totally fighting against Bowser in that one screenie aren't you? BATTLE OF THE VIDEO GAME VILLAINS!! Anyhow, thank you so much for all your help getting this thing off the ground and onto the workshop. To think that one of my many off-handed ideas would actually come to fruition is mind-boggling. You've done an absolutely fantastic job putting this thing together, using my basic concepts as a foundation for some truly interesting mechanics. Perhaps someday we'll end up working together again.

You're totally fighting against Bowser in that one screenie aren't you? BATTLE OF THE VIDEO GAME VILLAINS!! Anyhow, thank you so much for all your help getting this thing off the ground and onto the workshop. To think that one of my many off-handed ideas would actually come to fruition is mind-boggling. You've done an absolutely fantastic job putting this thing together, using my basic concepts as a foundation for some truly interesting mechanics. Perhaps someday we'll end up working together again.

Bowser had conquered Vert, so I was busy liberating her. A shame Bowser has trouble keeping up with the tech curve... a battle between his Airships and Wily's Capsules would be interesting. :p Eggman was in the game as well, but as an immediate neighbour he was a pretty staunch ally. For now... nuahahaha~

But I'm glad I could help the idea become a reality! Thanks for all of your help with the civilopedia text and diplomacy -- that's an area I always struggle with, but thanks to your help Dr. Wily's probably my most characterful release so far. There's also the awesome diplomacy screen you made! So thanks again for the help. :3

I'm currently tossing around ideas for a Dr. Weil civ, but that might take a while...

I'll keep an eye out to see what other ideas you come up with! :D

Awesome, the civ looks very unique and well rounded, a lil' bit late game inclined but the UA is pretty good on itself.

A small nitpick is that the link to Sandersen's song is broken in Steam.

Gonna start writing up some of the other text-based components of the civ.

Civlopedia Entry:

Dr. Albert Wily

Genius Roboticist

Game Info: Mass Production - When producing Combat Units, :c5production: Production cost is decreased by 3% for each of that given unit currently on the field. (Up to 15%) [It's also planned for their to be a small :c5science: Science bonus in addition to this]

Overview: Dr. Albert Wily is the main antagonist of the Mega Man series of video games produced by Capcom. A Typical 'Mad Scientist', Wily is obsessed with getting the world to recognize his genius.

Over the years, Wily has produced dozens of 'Robot Masters' in his efforts to conquer the world and establish his superiority. The first 8 Robot Masters, however, were a joint effort between Wily and one Thomas Light, intended to aid humanity in dangerous tasks such as construction, electrical repairs, and rescues in below-zero temperatures. Unfortunately, Wily's ego complex led him to mistake Light protecting him from potential legal action due to his license in robotics being revoked for Light attempting to steal the spotlight from him. As a result, Wily, in his anger, sabotaged the Robot Masters, using them to attack the city in an attempt to gain the recognition he felt he deserved. Building the first of what would prove to be several Castle Fortresses with the visage of a skull adorning it's front to serve as a base.

However, a helper robot built by Light, Rock, volunteered to stop the rogue Robot Masters, and end Wily's mad schemes. Donning Blue Armor and wielding an arm cannon, he became 'Mega Man.' Beginning a conflict that would prove to span over a decade. Though he's been defeated many times, Wily is nothing if not persistent. Using his wits and cunning to escape judgement for his crimes time and time again, lying low as he plots his next scheme.

Lived: From Mega Man (1987)

Titles: Genius Robotocist, Master of Machines, Skull Fanatic

Civilization: [Insert Civ Symbol Here]

History in the games: Wily was designed by Mega Man Series Creator Keiji Inafune during development of the very first Mega Man in 1987. His design was inspired by Albert Einstein, with whom he shares his first name. Originally intended to appear as a tall, thin, mustachioed scientist with glasses and a receding hairline. However, during development, Inafune revised the design to better match Wily's in-game sprites, making him shorter and removing the glasses. Unhappy with this design, he completely re-drew him for Mega Man 2, making his hair more wild, restoring some of his height, and elongating his chin. Satisfied, he used this design, with very few alterations, for nearly every appearance he made in the franchise afterward.

Although he never appears directly, Wily's influence is still felt in the popular spin-off series Mega Man X, having built the robot 'Zero' as an ultimate weapon, as well as having devised the 'Maverick Virus' that would set the events of the series in motion. There are also some fairly heavy implications that Wily may in fact still be alive in this continuity, having given up his human body to become a form of digital consciousness, hopping from body to body over the course of the series.

A spiritual successor to the character, named Dr. Weil, appears in the spin-off series Mega Man Zero, taking place in a future even more distant than that depicted in the X series.

Noticed everything here after the game info isn't in the civlopedia entry in the current version. Techincal difficulties or did you just forget? XD

Noticed everything here after the game info isn't in the civlopedia entry in the current version. Techincal difficulties or did you just forget? XD

Technical difficulties. X3 I'd left in a typo in one of the tags, so the civilopedia didn't work.

Noticed I'm still missing a civilopedia entry for Wily's Robot Empire itself, so I'll have to work one up.

So long as you can fix it and add it back in. Also, on the unique cultural influence, you forgot add an are to the 'Our People (Are) studying robotics.'

You're making a Dr. Light Civ, are you? Perhaps we can add some unique dialogue for it in a patch.

Top Bottom