BouncyMischa's Civilizations

It looks like the Kishin Chief model. When I updated the Oni Clans, I added an event where you could receive a unique Kishin Chief unit, a combat-capable version of the Kishin. However, it seems to be bugged in that the Kishin Chief will periodically spawn in or be gifted to other civilizations.

I'm starting to wonder if the culprit may be the Great General promotion -- the Kishin Chief is supposed to provide the same bonus as a Great General, so I gave them the promotion, but I know from recent discussion that that promotion is how Great Generals are spawned. So maybe the game is spawning Kishin Chiefs instead of normal Great Generals (or their replacements)?

I'll have to play around with the mod and tweak the Kishin Chief to try and solve the problem.

Ok, so I'm not going crazy (yet, haha). I went through every single mod I had downloaded, trying to find the unit.

Well, at the very least, it does look bad [synonym for donkey].

Ugh, this thread has gotten so dusty... *starts trying to clean away the dust* XD

Anyways, with Future Worlds finally published and at least somewhat debugged, I've really been wanting to get back into working on civs again... particularly since, as I look back through the thread, it's been several months since I published Dr. Wily! :(

So with five civ ideas bouncing around in my head, I figured I'd do the thing all the cool kids are doing these days and make it a bit of a secret project, which I've code-named "Project WORST"! Because acronyms are awesome!

I even messed around and made a banner for it:

Woot!

I figure some of my friends will be able to guess most of the civs... but hopefully some of it will be a surprise. XD

Time is truely passing quickly. :| Stagnation and hallucination.

My tries.
1. Old Avatar :) Dr Who.
2. Pikachu?
3. Pikachu!
4. Jigglypuff? (?) Ditto?
5. Current Avatar :) Pikachu?

So, excepting one per week or one per month?

Time is truely passing quickly. :| Stagnation and hallucination.

My tries.
1. Old Avatar :) Dr Who.
2. Pikachu?
3. Pikachu!
4. Jigglypuff? (?) Ditto?
5. Current Avatar :) Pikachu?

So, excepting one per week or one per month?

Silly LastSword, they're all Raichu! :p

I'm hoping to be able to get them out at about one per month. The first is almost fully complete, the second and third have most of their assets ready but need code, while the fourth and fifth are just in the concept stages.

Also, looking at my list in the opening post, I just realized I haven't posted at least three of my civs! I'll have to see if I can post something for them, to make my list more complete.

I just realized you made Touhou civs. Did you have any future plan to upgrade existing Touhou civ or make a new one?

Maaaaaaaybe~ I have three more civs that are on the Steam workshop but aren't in the OP (Yumemi, Shinki, and Mamizou) that I was working on updating last year, before I got sidetracked with Future Worlds. I've got some various plans for 3 other Touhou civs that may or may not get completed at some point. Project WORST is my priority at the moment, so I'll have to see how I feel after that. :p

Just dropping by to say I really appreciate your efforts and keep up the good work. I just got into Civ 5 and your mods are awesome. You're also possibly the last person to keep making Touhou civs.

I'd offer to help with the Touhou civs if I had more free time, plus I have no modding experience with Civ 5 so all I could do is help with whatever is left and helping brainstorm Civ ideas to make then functionally and aesthetically pleasing.

*edit* Evil Spirits and Tanuki civs are incompatible with EUI (most likely both the vanilla and community patch versions of the EUI), there's a bug that removes the unit control display

Just dropping by to say I really appreciate your efforts and keep up the good work. I just got into Civ 5 and your mods are awesome. You're also possibly the last person to keep making Touhou civs.

I'd offer to help with the Touhou civs if I had more free time, plus I have no modding experience with Civ 5 so all I could do is help with whatever is left and helping brainstorm Civ ideas to make then functionally and aesthetically pleasing.

*edit* Evil Spirits and Tanuki civs are incompatible with EUI (most likely both the vanilla and community patch versions of the EUI), there's a bug that removes the unit control display

Thanks! The issue with the Evil Spirits and Tanuki civs is that, in order to add the new unit missions they use, I have to use a modified UnitPanel.lua that interferes with EUI.

Also, since I'm pretty bad at hyping things... keep watching the skies. :p

So, without much further ado, here's the second civ of Project WORST, and my attempt at an April Fool's civ!

It has 18 unique units and buildings in total, so I'll spare people the lengthy post with the details. I've included them in my civ list in the OP, however. The idea was originally inspired by JFD's mention of "the alien Confederacy of BouncyMischa" in his Speech from the Golden Throne at the start of the year, and the complaints about the old Power Armor Infantry model in Future Worlds (that was, admittedly, rather comical in comparison to most of the other models) that got me thinking about a civ based around B movie aliens... that also dovetailed with the whole "ancient astronauts" theory. The end result probably isn't campy enough, but was a fun way to homage a lot of the different sci fi media I've enjoyed over the years. It was also an experiment in making a civ approaching DarkScythe's Holo civ in its complexity, with a lot of different bonuses and penalties that hopefully create some flavorful gameplay.

Hope everyone has a good April! :3

This is amazing! The work that must've gone into this alone is near expansion worthy. Job extremely well done.

Bouncymischa, you're not posting in this thread about your new civilizations. Didn't knew you did an anime civ :D

Usually by the time I get a civ posted on Steam I feel too exhausted to add it to my civfanatics thread as well. Was planning to add it to the thread this weekend though (especially since I need to patch a couple of minor bugs).

So, a quick update to add the info for the latest civ I've released, the Hakurei Shrine!

Hakurei Shrine
A civilization of incident-resolving shrine maidens!

Spoiler :

Steam Workshop | CivFanatics​

Unique Unit: Shrine Maiden

The Shrine Maiden is a unique unit for the Hakurei Shrine, replacing the Great General. It ignores terrain costs, and its combat strength is 25% more than the strongest gun or melee unit that can be trained. It provides Faith when it kills an enemy unit. It also has a 33% bonus against ranged attacks, and may accumulate Bomb Spell Cards by adopting the Organized Religion and Reformation policies, and by constructing the Honden. These spell cards are used automatically when the Shrine Maiden begins the turn with 25 HP or less, or is killed by an enemy attack, and heal the Shrine Maiden for 50 HP while dealing 25 HP damage to adjacent enemy units. The Shrine Maiden can build Holy Sites as well as Citadels.

Unique Building: Donation Box

Replaces the Temple. Does not require maintenance, and provides +2 Gold in addition to the 2 Faith that the Temple provides. Provides an additional +1 Gold and points towards Shrine Maidens for each citizen following your majority religion and each Trade Route travelling to the city.

Credits:
The Hakurei Holy Site uses models converted from EE2 by Walter Hawkwood.
The Shrine Maiden uses the female Shinto missionary converted for Civ 4 by SaibotLieh.

Compatibility:

A few people have asked for a Reimu civ in the past, so I finally managed to get what I felt was a workable design, although it may still need some rebalancing. Still, from the sounds of it, some people have had fun running amok with it, but it's still somewhat dependent on a decent starting position, so it can't be TOO excessively overpowered. :p

I've got a few other ideas for civs knocking around -- at least one more for Project WORST, and a couple of others that came to mind while brainstorming. Hopefully I can be a bit more productive this summer...

Top Bottom