Brave New World's New Civilizations

What civilizations would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess that's true
I certainly had a hard time to choose only the 25 best options (which is obviously somewhat subjective to me, altough I tried very hard not be)

Anyway, the Inuits, Italy and the HRE make no sense as full civs in the civilization frachise
I would had never put Belgium on the list, they are not too significant compared to the other european civs
Also there are too many native civs separately on the list for my taste, I would rather had 2 or 3 groups instead
On the other hand, I think Morocco, Mali, and Vietnam should be a separate option

Considering the theme of the expansion, Belgium is unfortunately looking like a good outside bet... Italy even more so.
I'd consider Mali a hopeless cause too because of the conflicting city list with the Songhai.

But whatever the case, it will be interesting to see who's in and who's out. In the mean time, endless speculation can continue to ensue.

So, who's got the stick and the dead horse? :goodjob:

Make sure you're voting for 'Italy' if you want Venice. It's kind of a polity, but Civ could do worse (and has *ahem* Polynesia)

I'd like to see the Republic of Venice, not modern Italy, which is what we could potentially get considering the Africa scenario.

So, who's got the stick and the dead horse? :goodjob:

That would be me :crazyeye:
Actually I also considered moving my old poll here for a couple days now
In the end I decided it's probably wiser to create a new one
Even made a first plan for a new poll this afternoon, didn't post it in the end because it had too many options
Probably that's why I'm rather critical with Stonecutter, sry for that
It's a nice poll, mostly with good options
This was the plan for my poll though, if anyone is interested:

Sumer
Hittite
Phoenicia
Judea/Hebrews
Armenia
Portugal
Hungary
a different european civ: Bulgaria, Venice, Bohemia, Kievan Rus, Lithuania, Belgium, Serbia, etc
a native civ well-known because of it's relation with the USA: Sioux, Comanche, Apache, Navajo or Cherokee
a different north american native civ: Mississippian, Pueblo, Cree, Crow, Inuit, Seminole, etc
a south american native civ: Mapuche, Chachapoya, Tupi, Shuar/Jivaro, Chibcha/Muisca, etc
Zulu
Kongo
Mali
Morocco/Moors
Nubia
other african civ: Swahili/Kilwa, Zimbabwe, Benin, Ashanti, Hausa, Malagasy, etc
Indonesia
Khmer
Vietnam
other south-east asian civ: Burma/Pagan Kingdom, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, etc
Tibet
Khazars
Harappans
Timurids
Mughals
other central asian civ: Scythia, Kazakh, Kara-Khitan/Khitan, etc
Brazil
other colonial civ: Argentina, Gran Colombia, Mexico, South Africa, Canada, Australia, etc

EDIT: I might make a poll after all
On second thought, this is much more suited for civs you think will be included in BNW
(this poll, and my previous poll was about civs you would like to see in BNW/Civ V)
Could be interesting to see the differences

I want Gran Colombia, I want firaxis fix their epic fail putting an Hernán Cortéz model for Simón Bolivar in Civ Colonization

I chose:

Brazil (first monarch in the Americas)
Portugal (trade)
Sumer (first civilization)

- Portugal;
- Zulu;
- Kongo;
- Brazil;
- Indonesia;

My 3 Black horses to fill the last remaining 2 slots would be:

- Swahili(they seem to be a good alternative to fill the eastern portion of Africa,which would be interesting for the "Scramble of Africa" scenario);
- Gran Colombia(Brazil could never represent the Spaniard part of Latin America . Gran Colombia would be a better choice at representing most of that);
- Sioux(some people here seems to like the inclusion of a second native north american civ . Plus,they were in Civ series before,which is a bonus);

What I'd like to see in no particular order
1Portugal
2Cherokee
3Morocco
4Bulgaria
5Judea
6Brazil
7Zulu
8Inuit

What I realistically think will be in the game
1Zulu
2Portugal
3Sioux
4Sumeria
5Latin American amalgam civ
6Kongo
7Indonesia in some form or another
8Yugoslavia/Serbia

I'm going to be so upset if the Sioux are included. They were nomadic and do not fit in any way with the Civ series. I would gladly support inclusion of the Cherokee, who do fit more accurately with the series, BUT NOT THE SIOUX!

Being in two previous civ games ( civ2 and civ4col) they stand the same chance as Portugal and Sumeria especially if there's going to be a second Native American civ, but yeah I want the Cherokee so badly.

It would personally be meh to me if the Cherokee were added, although I wouldn't mind. The Anasazi would be my pick in the US region. Quite possibly the most important historically of any Native American civilization in the US in all of history.

techinically existed lots of native american monarchs before colonization, some of them more important than brazilian ones

Yep. Although its still an interesting history reading about the Brazilian/Portuguese Monarchy

Monty would be upset if he weren't King

I picked Portugal, Indonesia, Sioux (any N. American native is fine by me), Zulu, Kongo, Ashanti, and other. I feel that Argentina is a better pick than Brazil. Historically, Argentina has been more important--only really relinquishing the title to Brazil some time after WW2. While picking a leader is a bit tough (San Martín and the Peróns seem to be the only options), it's the best civ to represent 19th/20th century S. America.

I picked Portugal, Indonesia, Sioux (any N. American native is fine by me), Zulu, Kongo, Ashanti, and other. I feel that Argentina is a better pick than Brazil. Historically, Argentina has been more important--only really relinquishing the title to Brazil some time after WW2. While picking a leader is a bit tough (San Martín and the Peróns seem to be the only options), it's the best civ to represent 19th/20th century S. America.

Actually for most of the 19th century the Argentina we know today didn't even exist. It was so unstable that Buenos Aires itself became an independent country for a decade, and Brazil systematically intervened in its domestic affairs (Overthrowing Rosas - which is another option for a leader - and supporting political parties which were convenient).

It was only in the end of the 19th century that Argentina's economic and cultural prosperity began. It was a truly golden age, that would decline over the twentieth century. But even then, I'd say their roles in the WWII and even in the Paraguayan War were rather timid.

It'd be a nice civ, great leaders (I'd love to see the Peróns sharing the leader screen!), unique features, but I really don't know if they were historically the most important nation in South America.

If they must put Portugal, I'd understand. I wouldn't miss them though. Not because of any animosity, just because I feel the culture is well represented.

The fact that cultures as diverse and massive as China/India/Russia have a single Civ representing the breadth of their existence seems somewhat out of scale.

The fact that cultures as diverse and massive as China/India/Russia have a single Civ representing the breadth of their existence seems somewhat out of scale.

Same is true of a lot of empires who have not even had one representation through all five of the civ games

Marketing > history (with the oddball, lesser known civ every now and then when you have enough marketable bulls to pull the sales)

I chose the following:

Brazil - Nice to have a South American civ represented. I don't recall seeing Inca last time I played Civ V (I usually play Civ IV) but I could be mistaken.

Portugal - Was one of the earliest colonial powers in the Americas

Israel - Yes, I know it's tiny, but Israel has had and still has a tremendous cultural effect on the world as being the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity and being sacred to Muslims as well.

Hittites - I believe they were the first to learn iron working which revolutionized warfare.

Zulu - Love to hate Shaka. Zulu have been in every Civ game since the beginning (I think) and they deserve to be included.

Sumer - was arguably the earliest civilization and deserves tobe included for that reason alone.

Other - I chose the Hurons. I would love for Canada to be included because I'm Canadian, but since we haven't been a country for even 150 years yet, I can't imagine starting in the ancient era as the Canadians. The Hurons, however, were a major First Nations people group in Central Canada and were usually at war with the Iroquois (who are already in Civ V). You could have interesting historical scenarios with the French allied with the Hurons against the English and the Iroquois in the New World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom