Brave New World's New Civilizations

What civilizations would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So top 5 wants seem all logical:

Portugal
Zulu
Indonesia
Kongo
And Brazil

Same is true of a lot of empires who have not even had one representation through all five of the civ games

Marketing > history (with the oddball, lesser known civ every now and then when you have enough marketable bulls to pull the sales)

Yeah, suppose it is a tough nut to crack.

On paper I would not have been thrilled with the additions of both Sweden and the Dutch, but because they were so smartly implemented I have zero objections to their inclusion after actually playing the game with them. Fun to play as/against is a great trump card. So much so that I may actually miss them if they don't make the next iteration.

If they find a good match of UA/UU/UB I'd very much encourage them to add additional oddballs. At this stage they've got all the major players that I don't think anyone will NOT buy the expansion because a certain Civ was left out.

Yep. Although its still an interesting history reading about the Brazilian/Portuguese Monarchy

Monty would be upset if he weren't King

Monty would be upset even if he's named emperor of all Americas...

It'd be a nice civ, great leaders (I'd love to see the Peróns sharing the leader screen!), unique features, but I really don't know if they were historically the most important nation in South America.

that's a hard question, I'm not sure if we could talk about the most important or most influent nation of South America(I mean, in the continent, not globally)...Personally I think Mapuches get more chances than Argentinians

Monty would be upset even if he's named emperor of all Americas...

:goodjob: Thumbs up for that!

that's a hard question, I'm not sure if we could talk about the most important or most influent nation of South America (I mean, in the continent, not globally)... Personally I think Mapuches get more chances than Argentinians

The comparison between Brazil and Argentina is quite unresonable. Each had it's own moment of proeminence in South America, we cannot just say that one's surpasses the other (Of course, if we take it by todar standards... Argentina recently got out of what was maybe the harshest crisis of it's history. It would not be a fair comparison, would it?).

And heck, i just wish they included a single South American civilization. The Inca cannot possibly represent the whole continent.

The Cherokee really should be getting more- their history is too unknown :(. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say they should already be in; their achievements are made all the grander when you look at the situation of the time. The Sioux may be more iconic, but the Cherokee really did achieve more.

I think Argentina could be a new civ. Think about it, it has a ideological history, an obvious leader (Eva Peron), its a big power, and the gauchos could be their unique unit. Also, Buenos Aires isn't a city state so their not depleting the pool of city states left. I think Argentina is a strong yet overlooked candidate.

I doubt they will add secondary leaders for existing civs, so no Saladin for Arabia, I would think. Maybe in Civ VI.

Now if they were to add Sumeria, Assyria and the Hittites all to the game, I suspect some would be speaking very similar languages and with very similar music. I'd be interested to see how things play out.

So, with the poll almost up to 200 voters, and, with seven unknown civ slots, here are the current results (rounded to the nearest percent for easy comparison):

1) Portugal ~74%
2) Zulu ~61%
3) Indonesia ~60%
4) Kongo ~55%
5) Brazil ~48%
6) The Sioux ~37%
7) Israel ~33%

Sumer and Tibet were the only others to break ~25%, so if Israel is not present (as I suspect it won't be), Sumer is a good bet to replace it. I wager they'll reveal at least two, prob three civs at PAX this afternoon. Either Portugal or the Zulu will be revealed, possibly both, as a fan favorite. They'll probably reveal one of Indonesia/Kongo/Brazil as a civ newcomer, to get fans excited and to show they've been listening to the forums. Last civ will prob be a total dark horse, prob not even one of the ones mentioned above. Italy, Phoenicia, and The Hittites would be my favorite nominees, but who knows?

So, with the poll almost up to 200 voters, and, with seven unknown civ slots, here are the current results (rounded to the nearest percent for easy comparison):

1) Portugal ~74%
2) Zulu ~61%
3) Indonesia ~60%
4) Kongo ~55%
5) Brazil ~48%
6) The Sioux ~37%
7) Israel ~33%

Sumer and Tibet were the only others to break ~25%, so if Israel is not present (as I suspect it won't be), Sumer is a good bet to replace it. I wager they'll reveal at least two, prob three civs at PAX this afternoon. Either Portugal or the Zulu will be revealed, possibly both, as a fan favorite. They'll probably reveal one of Indonesia/Kongo/Brazil as a civ newcomer, to get fans excited and to show they've been listening to the forums. Last civ will prob be a total dark horse, prob not even one of the ones mentioned above. Italy, Phoenicia, and The Hittites would be my favorite nominees, but who knows?

The demo at PAX has revealed that Ur will be joining Civ5 as a maritime city-state, so this and Assyria's confirmation is virtually the death knell for Sumer. :cry: There were no other stand out candidates among the hordes of civs clamoring for inclusion, so slot #9 is a true dark horse!

The demo at PAX has revealed that Ur will be joining Civ5 as a maritime city-state, so this and Assyria's confirmation is virtually the death knell for Sumer. :cry: There were no other stand out candidates among the hordes of civs clamoring for inclusion, so slot #9 is a true dark horse!

Or... it's actually Israel? :)

Didn't you forget two civs in your count. We already knew of Poland and Assyria, so their not in the poll and didn't reach any percentages :) So with your 7 listed you fill up all the slots of BNW without a darkhorse (if you don't consider the ones on your list)

Didn't you forget two civs in your count. We already knew of Poland and Assyria, so their not in the poll and didn't reach any percentages :) So with your 7 listed you fill up all the slots of BNW without a darkhorse (if you don't consider the ones on your list)

Actually, they're kind of results, not my predictions. If you want to know my newest civ predictions, here they are, in order of certainty:

1) Portugal
2) Zulu
3) Sioux (or other Native American civ)
4) Indonesia
5) Kongo (or other African civ)
6) Italy (my darkhorse, but there are others)

First hello to all, i know that they put Sofia as an city-state, and we all know that there wont be Bulgaria, but i think they can put Great Old Bulgaria with an capital city Fanagoria, before the country splits to other countries(Bulgaria, Volga Bulgaria),i hope so, hope dies last! :)

I chose my top 5 based on purely game reasons:

I like Inuit because they'll thrive on tundra, ice, and fish.
Indonesia and Phoenicia because they're seafaring.
Nubians because they'll thrive in desert.
Italy because I forgot we already have the Romans and Byzantines. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom