[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I am also kinda surprise that there is hardly any events occurred when I was playing this game. Be nice if you can increase the event occurrence rate up so we can get some events. Add in some new events as well that includes the new great people, like a doctor found a cure of a <insert disease here> event, or a modern event of a lawyer suing something that will be removed.

You can adjust the rate at which events occur through the globaldefines.xml near the bottom. The lower you set the number, the more events you'll see.

Enjoyed what I've seen of the mod so far. A few notes:

1. I'd love to see the Conspiracy Victory option from Saints and Sinners included.

2. Wide City Bars and Civ4Lerts are recommended additions. The latter realy helps stomp on micromanagement issues.

3. Swamps should be drainable at an earlier tech such as Engineering. The Cambridgeshire Fens were drained in the late 1700's. We didn't have to wait til the future to drain them! It'd also be nice to include a few resources in swamps: Peat and Tar spring to mind.

Sounds like a great idea on this mod. What I am looking for is something that extends game play/slows things down but remains BALANCED and that has been a tough find.

I can't open .7z with winace though.

its almost like there is this conspiracy to compress with everything besides something easy to use.
I'll hunt around for it, it sounds worth it.

One more question: What speed and difficulty do you suggest for a typical Civ player?

I LOVE the terrain graphics. Where did you find those? Excellent job on this effort. We play this multiplayer with the world2 map and it's awesome. Would have liked to see the Pirate Henry Morgan as a civ choice, but hey, I guess then it would be too perfect. Nice work!:goodjob:

I just got my computer back and was looking for a new mod to play and I came across this work of art love it

Hey everyone.

I am really impressed with this mod, its fantastic. I think I'll really only play this mod whenver I play an SP game, its that good. I am planning on changing some of the leaderheads though, and I just wanted to know whether or not this was really difficult?

I'm going to try and learn to do it right now, but is it worth my time really?

I know that this just deals with a small portion of this mod, but is the blight/terraforming ability of the Andromeda unit something that can be assigned to a promotion or is it limited to an innate ability of a unit? Also, is it limited to a unit that destroys itself (like a missile) or can it be assigned to a unit action like an air-strike or pillage?

How am I supposed to extract the file? Doesn't work with winRAR. Then I shoud put the extracted file to the Mods file, right?

You will have too get 7z or 7 zip thats what I had to do

P.S. you'll love the mod

a small request in a future update could you include more of Ekmek's leaderheads
it would be really apreciated

The idea is basically of an expansion pack. There are a lot of great mods out there but they either change too much (where you can’t even recognize the tech tree anymore) or change without thinking of the gameplay.
Interesting mod... but to comment on what you stated, I don't get where you're coming from when you seem to say too many mods change too much, when you've done massive changes across the board here... nothing wrong with that, but as a mod-maker myself, I'd call your mod one of those mods that "changes an awful lot".

Nothing wrong with changing a lot, but I hope you realize, you're one of them! ;)

I had a few suggestions about the leaderheads, if you are interested.

I think you should replace these leaders with the following people

Don Pedro - You should use Ekmek's Dom Pedro, I think it looks a little better.
Italy - I think you should add Vittorio Emanuelle and use C. Roland's LH.
Lydia - Add Croseus by Aramor
Magyar - I think his clothing looks too old, he lived in the late 1800s I believe, I think Ekmek has a version of Lajos with more up to date clothing.
Minoan- There's nothing really wrong with this one, I just replaced it with Burebista by Aramor.
Nubia - Again, nothing wrong with this one, I used the Piye leaderhead, I forgot who made it but you can find it in the downloads section here on CF.
Papal States - The hat just annoyed me a little bit, so I used Ekmek's Francis I, and it looks more like Leo is depicted in pictures I found of him.
Phoenicia - I thought he looked kind of funny, so I used Hyram of Tyre by Amra.

I don't know if all of this is going to help, but hopefully it is taken to heart. I also added Kim Jong Il to Korea from the Sinners and Saints mod, but again its no big deal, just some suggestions.

And I think it was the Minoan Axemen or Macemen looked like a Roman Praetorian, I think this should be changed too.

But I absolutely loved this mod, great work, I wish I could do this well.

Hey, sorry I've been absent from this thread...

(Real busy with life)

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the mod

I've worked out what was causing most of the Out of Synch in mulitplayer for those of you playing it that way (simple mistake, I had activated some of the single player stuff to occur in multiplayer).

Additionally, I've fixed a lot of interface problems. Still can't get the unit civlopedia to work :mad:, but now I've added ability descriptions for all the python units and wonders so you can see what they do by hovering over their icon's etc.

I'm trying to get some of the python to work that for some reason isn't at the moment. (Occasionally the religious victory not firing - it's only occasionally which stumps me, a Mercantile victory that was supposed to be didn't make it into the final - there was a reason I added Caravans and Lawyers ;), and a bunch of other stuff). I wonder I didn't finish till after - The School of Confucius - will also be in the next version. It's up to download/incorporate separately somewhere on this site.

An update is coming soon, hopefully, providing I find enough time.

(Also, as a lot of people who posted here have found out, PM'ing is probably the best way to get in contact with me)

Oh I'm constantly updating the art and leaderheads (some of them were added when their original versions were posted :lol: and in making the rest of the mod i just never updated the model version. So any suggestions to better art is always appreciated). The next version sees some graphic changes.

The reason I'm not adding any more leaders at this time, though, is because I don't want to repeat any trait combinations but also have every trait combination available. So to add a new one, I need to make a new trait and then add 15 new ones, hehehe. (Well technically I don't have to but that's how i do it, so in future big updates maybe). China and the other Asian civs are first on my list to add more.

The new terrain tiles are made my Sezereth - I believe - my credits are usually listed after things in the overall list than at the end, which might be confusing. I say believe because I took them from Fall from Heaven and Fury Road and I'm pretty sure he made them for that (I'm making a more complete credit list so un-credited artists don't be mad at me. It just takes time. I take no art credit for anything). Basically I mixed and matched the various tiles from standard BTS and those two mods to get the water and stuff.

Re: Wolfshanze

Hhehe, I know I change an awful lot,

What I meant was, at least to me, the core game is still there. It's not changed to the point where you have to relearn how to play so to speak, but still adds a lot. Also, unless I saw something that I added causing an imbalance, I didn't really change any of the existing stuff in the game. So no old leaders have new traits - even though some of them should in my new scheme. Personally, I see it as a half-way point between standard BTS and those other really big (also really good) mods like Rise of Manking.

Also I kinda copy and pasted the mod description from when I posted version 1.0 oh so long ago and since then I kinda got carried away. hehe

Well, I've certainly changed a lot more in v2.8x of my mod as opposed to v1.0, but it's still clearly recognizable as BtS with a few more units, a better naval system and graphical improvements... but it's still clearly BtS!

I still consider your mod to be "one of them" that changes an awful lot! Mind you, that's not a bad thing... you have a very cool mod... but you did change quite a bit! ;)

I do realize the urge to continually change is very hard to resist... I fight that battle every day I look at my own mod!

I'm having a problem with starting the mod. I have it downloaded and when I start it up I see the background, but do not see the menu. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

I have BTS 3.17 installed. I would like to fix this. I was looking forward to trying this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah same here no icons to click on, have to do everything via keyboard which is impossible ???

can anyone help ive tried changing resolution and pressing ctrl I etc etc but no joy, pitty as this sounds like a great mod

Im having a fun game as the Persians (prince level). Im am neck and neck with Egypt score wise at 1580 with a slight edge in tech. Basically it is a large map with just 2 large continents but I did notice 4-5 of the other civs way behind in tech (using no tech brokering). Havnt seen any bugs but as someone else posted, as you hit middle ages I think the large civs get techs at a faster pace (due to combined beakers) than is historical, I already have calv./chemistry/liberalism, ect, so Im at least 100 years or more ahead on epic. and so is Egypt and India.

I think the later techs should cost more, the ones through middle ages are fine and the largest civs need some kind of way to offset the huge beaker advantage that comes through scale.

Great job on the mod, look forward to future updates (caravans and the extra great people are cool.

Top Bottom