Bug reports

This was the same kind of behavior that I see at times with FFH2. I loaded FFH2 & Fury Road, then back to Dune Wars. Then it worked again.
But something else caused it to freeze. I tried a DuneArchipelago game with 'snaky continents', but it would always freeze up. Is this the 'snaky continents' script?

Comments, rather than bugs...

In the "Suspensor Transport" page of the cyclopedia, "Starts with <Suspensor Travel>", the link sends to an empty page.

The "Base Terrain" and "Terrain Features" lists have repeated entries.

Adding an hint indicating that "Suspensor Transport" are needed to transport "mecanized" units would be a good idea IMHO.

On another subject...

Where are the files of the mod?

I have installed 1.9.1 + 1.9.6.

I have the steam version on Windows 7 32 bits.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Dune Wars

is empty.

C:\Users\JFG\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\Dune Wars

has two folders, Autolog and Usersettings

Thanks,

JFG

I found a runtime error CTD bug that most likely also applies to your mod. It is from the Conquerer's Delight Promotions Mod. In CvUnit: healRate, just ad the blue line to avoid the error (iHeal used without being defined):

Code:
     /*** PROMOTIONSMOD 04/22/08 by DPII ***/
    [COLOR="Blue"]iHeal = 0;[/COLOR]

CvUnit* pTransport = getTransportUnit();
    if (pTransport != NULL)
    {
        iHeal = pTransport->getCargoHealRate();
    }
    iTotalHeal += iHeal;
    /*** PROMOTIONSMOD END ***/

I don't know about in the original code it was merged from, but I've just checked the function in the dunewars source and iHeal is dimmed as an integer up at the top of the function. I also hate to point this out, and you'll probably slap your self on the head when I do, but the fix you suggested doesn't define the variable (int iHeal; would do this), nor is it necessary to reset it to zero (it's used above this point in the function) because the code referenced sets it equal to 'pTransport->getCargoHealRate()', doesn't add to the existing number. ;)

Well then, I'm unsure of how to fix the error. iHeal is already initialized at the top just like you said. The original Promotions mod I believe is the identical to our functions.

How do I get rid of the error then?

Is it a consistent CTD that you are seeing, and if it is under what circumstances (if you know)?

Edit: having looked over the whole function, there is a problem with the way it is coded (though not one that would cause a CTD for any apparent reason) that your suggestion would fix. It would occur only very rarely, in particular when the last unit checked in the preceding code for healing promotions had one so that iHeal still has a non-zero value AND we aren't in a transport at the time, it would end up erroneously adding that last unit checked's healing promo value to iTotalHeal. To fix it you could reset iHeal beforehand as you suggested or move the addition to iTotalHeal into the 'if pTransport != NULL' block.

Just found the CTD recently so not sure if it is occurs reliably. It does occur reliably during a certain turn after a single saved game of mine.

The addition I made seems to have stopped the error from occuring. In addition, I found a similar runtime CTD with my port of Dom Pedro's Conquerer's Delight Commerce by Conquest.

just downloaded and installed dune wars. the game seems to work alright until i try to load a game. when i try to load a saved game says unpackaging error and crashes. i have tried reinstallation and i have 3.19 patch for bts

CTD when ending current turn in this save:

Attachments

• yeah.CivBeyondSwordSave
    395.4 KB · Views: 282
I fixed the bug that you can't enter enemy cities with spies when at war. Reply here if there is any unforeseen consequence.

This version is stable in MP. But I do not know of any changes that would cause that. So perhaps all versions are stable in MP.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL4.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
The changed source should be in the 7z file I uploaded.

And yes. I have played dune wars in multiplayer without any OOS, but only with my own dll. I remember trying with 1.9.7 without getting it to work but we might have done something wrong. We did not get that far into the game. I got Madhi and swarmed everyone with zealots.

I found there is a problem with auto explore. I may have a fix for it but it has not been tested. Do not use auto explore in MP for now.

Thanks for that Folket. I suggest put it in a new thread or a lot of potential grateful people will miss it.

I will create a new thread once I have tested my fix.

Top Bottom