BUGOptions is spamming me

DeathMaker900

Chieftain
BUGOptions - Cannot locate settings folder
that message is being spammed into my event dailog box. i always thought it was cuz i coppied this mod by folder transfer from a friend. However i just installed the latest version and the latest patch and its still there. Can anyone make it stop?

Do you run it on a Win 7 box? If yes, is Civ4BtS installed in the program files directory?

I have seen this when some of the setup is missing. The installer does additional things, besides just creating the folder. If you have copied a folder, without running the installer, then these additional things never get done. I am surprised that this would happen after you have run the installer. Does the message give a specific folder name, such as "My Games\BTS\DuneWars"? Does this directory exist? It should be created and filled by the installer.

it does not give a specific location the error. if i press Ctrl+Alt+O and go to the system tag it correctly identifies where the game is running from. If i change any bug options next time i load dune wars the options are set back to default. If i click help it says it cant find a "BUG Mod Help-ENG.chm"

As I suggested, please check if folder "My Games\BTS\Dune Wars" exists. It should be inside your "My Documents" folder. If it does not, please create it. Does the full path to your "My Documents" directory contain any non-English characters? This has been a problem in previous BUG releases, but it has been fixed for some time.

It may help to uninstall the mod; re-download 1.9.1; install that; check to see if the message still comes; re-download the current version; and install that. It may also help to make sure that there are no files in your CustomAssets directory. Sometimes another mod may install some BUG-related files there, and BTS will read files from there in preference to reading the same file from a mod.

Top Bottom