Building Made Fun!

I can't see the scroll bar in the tech tree when i enable this mod. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 328
@lukaslucznik:

I have no intention of having Spodek in this mod, but I can handle the XML for you and make it standalone. For this I require:
- a 972x568 splash image (the bottom will not be visible)
- the desired effects: choose something similar to what's already in the game, as the possibilities with the XML are limited
- a fitting quote

@Cloudeh:

I see that you have other mods active that make changes to the tech tree; they might not be compatible. If one of those includes a TechTree.lua file (and you want to keep that mod active) try deleting "Contributions\TechTree.lua" from my mod's folder. It makes a mess with the pipes in a couple of places, but it'll do. If not, you'll have to disable one or more mods when you play.
Should you still have problems with only this mod active, make sure to delete any old version from your MODS folder.

Thank you both for your interest :)

Sure! I've put it on my to-do list.

This wonder is changed in v5 to: +3 :c5food: +4 :c5gold: (req hills and desert), available with maths for 150 :c5production:. The culture bonus was not that appropriate; +4 :c5gold: has nice symmetry with other wonders from the timeframe I changed: Meteora +4 :c5culture: (req mountain nearby), Machu Picchu +4 :c5strength: (req mountain, fresh water), The Registan +4 :c5science: (req plains). They have additional effects of course. The AI now builds Petra often (and quickly!). But I'll extract the original one for you ;)

I missed your wonder topic; nice! Perhaps I have you to thank for the high number of downloads for v4 :)
The next version will be up here soon by the way.

Very, VERY soon :D I should have known better, exams are the best period for creativity :)
So what's new:
  • Only 3 national wonders (including palace!) per city. I often found myself putting most of them in my capital and have it become a monstrous city, which worked too well (due to tradition and maritime CS mostly).
  • The Workshop improvement (Economics): +1 :c5production:, +1 :c5production: with communism. I used Valkrionn's version from the Economy Mod as a base. The game just didn't feel complete without it.
  • Environmentalism policy (United Front): +2 :c5happy: for wildlife preserve, +15% :c5gold: for windmill. Nationalism moved to autocracy, (nerfed) total war merged with fascism.
  • Some other policies are also improved, e.g. giving bonusses to the academy and customs house, bringing them to 10 :c5science:/:c5gold:. Collective rule is again 50% food in new city (as civnoob13 made me realise, starting with 2 :c5citizen: could actually be a downside for REXing!), but added a 25% buy tile discount (I missed this).
Buildings:
  • The Registan wonder (Currency, plains): takes over from Machu Picchu, which becomes a flavor/specialization wonder like Petra. Moved wonders around a bit and added Code of Laws to keep the tree neat.
  • ambrox62's Moai Statues
  • Wall Street (Electricity): +40% :c5gold:, replaces treasury; that building did not specialize enough (can get the same multipliers in any non-:c5capital: city) and I'd like to encourage finding other means to get gold.
  • Cloth Hall (Guilds): +2 :c5gold: on sheep, cotton, silk and dye. Still have some doubts about it beeing too Euro-centric, but I prefer it over a weaver.
  • Food buildings all -20 :c5production:; barracks and armory (changed) no maintenance; military academy (buffed) and arsenal 2 :c5gold: maintenance. I just never built the latter, so I figured this was needed.
And in general just a little better balance and more polish (finally have quotes for every wonder). Artists now provide 2 :c5culture: (was bugged in v4) and landmarks 5 :c5culture:. I've managed a cultural victory in 1972 before making these changes (though with a great starting position) so I feel 6 trees is fine (sorry civnoob13).

You can download the mod HERE or on the mod browser.

Forgot to mention: I've been playing my mod together with SamBC's Saner AI City Locations mod active lately; I highly recommend it! I no longer get the feeling of playing against The Borg, which sapped the fun right out of the game for me.

For some reason I receive a Modern Tank as first unit when I use your MOD. Perhaps it doesn't match my other add-ons but its the only one doing this. I had to remove it until you find a solution.

Never seen that before, very strange. It must be some compatability problem with another mod though. What other mods have you activated? Maybe I can have a look.

Luxury Ressource
ProCylon Call to Power
PlaywithMe
RED Mod pack

and some other mods but I added them after

@I_qua_I

Check attachment ;)

@MarleyQc

I checked the PlayWithMe and RED mod packs and they seem to be compatible. It's probably due to Call to Power then, but that's such a full blown mod pack I wouldn't recommend combining them anyway, sorry.

I found a bug in v5, fixed in v6. Messed around with policies while at it.

Attachments

• Petra wonder (v 1).civ5mod
    263.2 KB · Views: 123
Abselutely love your MOD.

However I don't think I should be able to build the giant death robot from the very beginning. (It still require Uranium but still.)

I should not have any other MODs that conflict as I only have MODS that add wonders and new civilizations.

You're right, that should not be possible: I moved the GDR to the new Artificial Intelligence tech. I attached a screenshot of how the Future Era should look.

Could you please see if the problem persist when starting a game only with this mod active? From your explanation I figure this is visible from turn 0.
If it doesn't, just give me the list of mods you use and I will check it out. It indeed sounds like the mods you have should be compatible.
If it does persist, it's beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. There's something fishy about the mod system: I for instance have had the same problem that Cloudeh reported but for another (popular) mod, even with nothing else active...

Oh and thanks for the thumbs up :)

Attachments

• gdr.jpg
    gdr.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 190
So after my post, I cleared the cache, cleared all the mods (was a real mess) and redownloaded your MOD, and no GDR in ancient era;)

Have no idea what of the things work, but the GDR is in artificial intelligence now.

@I_qua_I]

Check attachment ;)

The land requirements in this standalone are for the new one. It used to be "next to a mountain and next to or on desert." Would it be possible to create another standalone that has these land requirements instead?

I would like a Small or Standard Earth Map with all the 22 Civs at their right places to play with... Is it possible ?

What do you plan for the future ?

I would like a Small or Standard Earth Map with all the 22 Civs at their right places to play with... Is it possible ?

I do think that will not be possible at least on a small map and possible also a standard Map. Some civs will just be too tightly packed and other parts will be very unpopulated (here im thinking north america).

@I_qua_I

Oops, sorry. I won't have access to my civ5 installation for some days, but you can easily edit the XML file (there's only one in the Petra mod folder). Just change the line: <Hill>true</Hill> to: <NearbyMountainRequired>true</NearbyMountainRequired>. The ingame text is in that file as well. It could also be only the text is wrong? Can't check now.

I believe Dale made world maps in all formats, including start locations. You can look it up on the mod browser. Nielsneutron is right though; it's probably best to go into the map editor and delete a bunch of civs, e.g. leaving the Americas empty for colonization.

I'd like to do some LUA stuff next. I have some ideas for the general economy: a form of inflation and more interesting unit support mechanics. I know alpaca already has a system nerfing puppets; that's also on my list. But when, I don't know, have to learn Ruby first for a non-modding project.
Eventually I hope to work with other modders on projects of interest. Things like revolutions and espionage are almost bound to get added, and I hope to contribute. After experiencing how much time it takes modding something simple like this mod (really, I don't want to know how many hours I spent doing this!), I'd rather get less of my ideas in for the sake of both getting out a better product and cultivating other hobbies :)

Top Bottom