C2C Graphics

Toffer90

C2C Modder
This is the place to discuss anything related to the graphics of C2C, be it models, textures or even animations.

Suggestions for improvements will help me decide what to work on when; and it helps to hear others opinions, as graphics can be quite subjective.

Some of the stuff I've done:
DaVinciTank.pngGiraffe.pngllamaarchercomp.jpgMt Sinai comparison.jpgLumberjack.jpgCrater.png 2015-07-07_00002.jpgBengalTiger.jpgComparison.jpg

I will most likely post pictures here of what I make before I commit it to the SVN so it's easy for anyone to check what's new.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestions made in this thread: (meant as a reminder)
  • Rainwater Basin - Rwn
  • Tuareg Camel Rider - Nevets_
  • Mangroove oddity - Climat
  • Droid tank broken model
  • goody island transparancy

Note to self:
  • Make "New Forest" from scratch.
  • Redo "Bamboo Forest".
  • Volcano (active and dormant)
  • Peat Bog
  • Animate and improve animals.

Last edited:
Great thread Toffer90. Nice work with texture. I presume you stick with 128x128 yes?
Respect :)

We have two tigers, the Bengal Tiger and the Siberian Tiger. Will you be redoing the latter also? As far as I know it is just a changed colour of the fur.

The Siberian Tiger is misnamed as it is a warm temperate animal not a tundra/taiga animal. Should be called the Amur Tiger apparently.

We have two tigers, the Bengal Tiger and the Siberian Tiger. Will you be redoing the latter also? As far as I know it is just a changed colour of the fur.

The Siberian Tiger is misnamed as it is a warm temperate animal not a tundra/taiga animal. Should be called the Amur Tiger apparently.

The name is actually correct; and sure, I can make a texture variant for the siberian tiger. I've already made a texture variant for the white bengal tiger just in case.

@Rwn: I agree that it's an eyesore, there should be more variants of it as well. It won't be prioritized as there are worse things to fix before it; like the terrible "Basalt Organ" natural wonder.

Edit: The rainwater basin seems to be a specific area in Nebraska USA and is a region of shallow lakes, marshes and other wetlands. I'm not sure it should be a feature in the game as we have both wetlands and lakes represented. If anything it could be a natural wonder but I don't really think it qualifies.

Edit2: @DH: Is not the siberian and bengal tiger so similar in appearance that we could just merge them and call em Tiger? Siberian tiger has a bit more brownish stripes and a bit more reddish yellow color as well as being about 5% bigger.

Ok ill wait with packing rest of unit files (mostly animals) until you end with them.

There we go.

8800_2015-05-29_00006.jpg
Sabretooth (Smilodon Populator) compared to the new Bengal tiger.

Now in SVN.

@Sparth: go ahead and pack those FPK files. I wont do more unit graphics until the next version is released.

I might do some natural wonders though.

Good stuff.

I have been wondering if it were useful and possible to have a unit that looks like a scroll or book to represent the tales of sea creatures and natural wonders (on my to do list to replace the gold the first to discover gets).

I have been wondering if it were useful and possible to have a unit that looks like a scroll or book to represent the tales of sea creatures and natural wonders (on my to do list to replace the gold the first to discover gets).

I've actually considered proposing this myself; I'm pretty sure it's possible without graphical glitches. ^^ I was thinking that the animal unit icon could be placed on a plane that stands up from the ground, with a slight backwards leaning angle, (hovers a bit above ground too) and always faces the camera.

So... Plane with unit icon or a generic scroll for every story?

So... Plane with unit icon or a generic scroll for every story?

I'd strongly recommend one (or a few) generic ones. They are all books; they may have a different icon on them but I don't really think that's worth the memory load.

I'd strongly recommend one (or a few) generic ones. They are all books; they may have a different icon on them but I don't really think that's worth the memory load.

The plane with two polygons would have the smallest memory impact on the game. It might take more space in the mod than one more complex model with the same texture for all animals would; but it will look better with a unique texture for each story.

Plane for every story
  • 2 polygons.
  • Can use preexisting textures (animal or natural wonder icon).
  • We need one copy per story (20-50 copies).
  • Less polygons on screen.
  • Maybe More data on disk.

Book for story categories
  • 50-ish polygons.
  • Needs a new texture 64x64 resolution.
  • we would need at least 2 copies of it, one for natural wonder stories and one for sea animal stories. I'm thinking two different labels on the book cover here.
  • More polygons on screen.
  • Maybe less data on disk.

Or, 1 scroll/Book/Plane to rule them all.... Or, planes that only covers different story categories instead of every single story.

There are about 500 animals, each will have its Myth, Story and Stories, but most are built using the actual subdued animal. It would be nice if we could do something about the Story and Stories buttons at some stage.

The Tales of Sea Creatures and National Wonders number about 20-50. I have not counted them. These are the ones the unit is needed for.

A bit offtopic.
I've noticed C2C logo isn't somehow outstanding, so I've made some. Let me know guys what do you think (strategyonly already knows).

PS. It's zipped because jpg is limited to 500 KB

View attachment C2C.zip

I don't know what's the old logo but I would not be surprised if it's worse than what you presented here.

The caveman stone needs to be easier to read and perhaps embossed inward. So it looks like it's been carved into the rock. Other-vice it's not bad.

Top Bottom