Camel Rider (Dec 28, 2007)

If you're going to redo the walk animation, may I suggest you also make the rider not hold the spear so stiffly? It would look more natural if he swung it back and forward a bit to the beat of the camel's steps.
One way to make the spear carry less wooden might be to shorten it -- it looks to be longer than the camel's entire body.
I've been told that traditional Tuareg warriors used an all-iron lance known as the "allarh" - does anyone know anything of this? One'd think an all-iron lance would be either too heavy, if thick, or too bendable, if thin, to be much use as a weapon.
I can't remember if a Frankish angon is all iron or if it's more like a Roman pilum, but the ancient Iberians often used solid iron javelins called soliferrum. Apparently it was quite heavy, but as a result had considerable armour piercing capabilities (if wikipedia is to be believed). I suppose that would make the allarh a doable proposition.

Sandris,
Just wanted to say that you've done a great job with all your new units. They all look really nice.:goodjob:

YES,
Tuareg camel rider, perhaps with old muskets and later rifle.
That French Camel Rider with the rifle.

This will assure the upgrade of Carthage, any North African countries and perhaps even Arabs. However the North African bloke with the more modern rifle should perhaps also be on a horse. The Tuaregs and Bedouins (fellows that rode with Lawrence of Arabia) probably used more horses than camels.
Just my two cents of thoughts.

Looking forward to some of those Camel Riders anyhow with guns.

Thanks mate

Hope you haven´t given up on Camel fighters yet Sandris.

Got a couple for you.
The British Camel rider, probably attacking the Mahdist...
helped by the Egyptian bloke....

Guess the british variant could be used if the british got land in desert areas and then have the oppertunity to create camel units to help fighting in the desert. A historical fact indeed.

Attachments

• British Camel.jpg
    British Camel.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Egyptian Camel.jpg
    Egyptian Camel.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 104
Cemo: in MWNN (For example) the Camel is a resource like Horses (So are Elephants)...All the civs in my game can have Camels if they are in the desert. I do not think I am alone in making my MOD with the concept that India couldnt have Elephants if they were in the Tundra, but that Norway could have Camels if they started in the desert. As a result, I need a ton of different camels...

Egypt, Celtic, Grecian/Roman, African (East/North), Native American, Asian, SE Asian, Arab, Slavic, Germanic, Polynesian, MesoAmerican, Caribbean...I need Riders, Camel Knights, and Camel Cavalry for all those culture groups :)

So dont worry about them being "What if"s because I need those too :)

Top Bottom