Can legalism and tradition finisher be used to conquered city?

myclan

King
For example, I finish the tradition tree with only my capital, then I start to conquer other cities. Will the city I conqure still get the free monument and aqeduct? Or I need to build the city by myself in order to get the free building? Thanks!

Nope, you'll need to build them.

Also Iron curtain (Order Tenet 3) doesn't work for cities you captured, it works for further conquest.

You will have either a monument or an aqueduct depending if you completed the tree or not. But never both of them.

For example :

Capital : Monument+Aqueduct

2 cities captured before Tradition completed :

The will get both a free monument only

1 city captured after Tradition completed :

Aqueduct only

Fall patch changed things up with this.

Before the fall patch:
Cities you have by any means before Legalism: count for free cultural building. Cities acquired afterwards do not count; you have self build to get remaining monuments.

Cities you have by any means before completing tradition: count for aqueduct. Cities acquired afterwords do not count; you have to self build to get remaining aqueducts.

But the Fall patch at a minimum has changed Venice buying city state; city states Venice buys after already getting those policies count exactly as if they were self built. (Both free buildings can appear)

Note that on cities that are puppets; a monument if it's the only culture doesn't help; the 25% penalty gets rounded up to the next whole number. (1 base culture becomes 0 ) :(

Any first 4 cities will get the free aqueduct and free culture building whether they were built/conquered or revolted.

Top Bottom