Can someone please help out with my UA?

Scissor_fingers

Chieftain
So I'm making a civ based around Chinese pirates and I have come to a stumbling block with my UA.

I really like it but I dont know exactly how to code it. This is my first mod so I'm a bit new so please forgive my stupidity. I'd really appreciate it if some one explained what I need to do. I've been messing around in XML and stuff but I don't know if this is enough. Thanks!

Heres the UA
San T'iao - Naval Units built in a city with a GA stationed in it gain the Prize Ships promotion. Cities with water trade routes in them produce additional culture equivalent to 50% of gold intake

You can only do it in Lua.

The first part seems impossible because of how hard it is for the AI to use this UA, but.... I'll do it(maybe detect if there is a great admiral alive then grant the prize ship promotion regardless where he or she is?).

For the second part of your UA, however it's impossible to do water trade routes unless someone proves me otherwise...
Code:
local iAdmiral = GameInfoTypes.UNITCLASS_GREAT_ADMIRAL
local ChinesePirateCiv = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_WHATEVERITIS
local iDomainWater = GameInfoTypes.DOMAIN_SEA
local iPrizePromotion = GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_PRIZE_SHIPS

--As you can see your first part of the UA is very intensive compared to the second part because of how much the game has to do to detect the correct civilization, if unit has promotion already, check if unit is on a plot that is on a city while containing a great admiral!
function ChinesePrizeShips(playerID, unitID, hexVec, unitType, cultureType, civID, primaryColor, secondaryColor, unitFlagIndex, fogState, selected, military, notInvisible)
	local pPlayer = Players[playerID]
	if pPlayer == nil then return end
	if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == ChinesePirateCiv) then
		local pUnit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(unitID)
		if (pUnit == nil or pUnit:IsDead() or pUnit:IsHasPromotion(iPrizePromotion)) then return end
		if pUnit:GetDomainType() == iDomainWater then
			local pPlot = pUnit:GetPlot()
			if pPlot:IsCity() then
				local pAdmiral = nil
				for i = 0, pPlot:GetNumUnits() do
					local pAdmiralSearch = pPlot:GetUnit(i)
					if pAdmiralSearch then
						if (pAdmiralSearch:GetUnitClassType() == iAdmiral) and (pAdmiralSearch:GetOwner() == playerID) then
							pAdmiralSearch = pAdmiral
						end
					end
				end
				if pAdmiral then 
					pUnit:SetHasPromotion(iPrizePromotion, true)
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

function ChinesePirate(iPlayer)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == ChinesePirateCiv) then 
		local iTradeGoldIncome = (pPlayer:GetGoldFromCitiesTimes100()-pPlayer:GetGoldFromCitiesMinusTradeRoutesTimes100())/200
		--For non-math people, dividing by 200 instead of 100 will give me the value equivalent to 50% of the gold per turn.
		pPlayer:ChangeJONSCulture(iTradeGoldIncome)
	end
end

Events.SerialEventUnitCreated.Add(ChinesePrizeShips)
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(ChinesePirate)

Note I haven't tested it and has just written this by scratch. If there are any errors, just a safety precautions so I can easily fix it...

Edit: And for future purposes later that I think you might encounter a problem into when trying to put Lua inside your ModBuddy.

Top Bottom