CarmenNES04: Seeds of the Earth

I hope not. NWAG can seeminly spam stories endlessly.

Carmen ~ are you going to start us in "isolation" only coming into contract with each other over the first few updates (if we choose to explore/scout about) ?

Are these "stories" people are posting now getting them bonuses for Update 0?

I hope not. NWAG can seeminly spam stories endlessly.

Carmen ~ are you going to start us in "isolation" only coming into contract with each other over the first few updates (if we choose to explore/scout about) ?
Actually, the stories question is a good one. Carmen, what's your approach to story bonuses in this NES?

Alright, there's been a bunch of posts so I'll try to respond as to the point as possible.

I think that I will use Matt's map, with some minor changes.

@Espior: Sorry, I'll add you in as soon as I can get GIMP to open.

@Iggy: My approach to stories is that quality trumps quantity, and that bonuses will usually be given for the next update. NWAG3 will get a bonus, but all those smaller stories would be equivalent to one of the longer ones previously posted for example.

@Abaddon: I'll be starting you off with contact with eachother, since I would rather not update each time someone finds someone. Also, you're all close enough to realistically have contact with eachother.

I'll try to accomadate everyone to their chosen color.

I want burnt orange for my color...

Also, can I or can I not use a Richard Alpert? Or will I just have to make an insane family tree?

From League of People
To Great King of Costonian

Neither of us wish war with each other. I propose for the moment that we do not expand into the mountains (although you can have the shores nearby, of course) without each other's consent. If we are to come into conflict, then can be the time.

From League of People
To Great King of Costonian

Neither of us wish war with each other. I propose for the moment that we do not expand into the mountains (although you can have the shores nearby, of course) without each other's consent. If we are to come into conflict, then can be the time.

OCC: I am going to wait until after update 0 to respond and the mountains are pretty much the only way I can go :p.

OCC: I am going to wait until after update 0 to respond and the mountains are pretty much the only way I can go :p.

You could always expand around the shores, though. Ah well, I guess you've made your decision...

I want burnt orange for my color...

Also, can I or can I not use a Richard Alpert? Or will I just have to make an insane family tree?

I'll allow you to keep the name Richard Alpert. Most likely, I'll keep adding Roman numerals to the end of his name though, since he can't live forever. :p

(So like, each update in the beginning would be Richard Alpert, Richard Alpert II, etc.)

You could always expand around the shores, though. Ah well, I guess you've made your decision...

If you would like we can divide the mountains about halfway through but I do not want to be restricted to a narrow coastline. Controlling the mountains be either of our nations should not incite violence between our people but discourage it because they are easy to fortify. I do not want to attack across mountains. Once the update comes we can discuss some treaties and such to discourage aggression between our peoples.

Edit: I misread your post and thought you meant we were going to just leave the mountains neutral. I do not want your "consent" nor do you want mine for expansion. We can instead just make some mutual understandings if you like on expansion like the one I said above dividing the mountains about halfway through.

If you would like we can divide the mountains about halfway through but I do not want to be restricted to a narrow coastline. Controlling the mountains be either of our nations should not incite violence between our people but discourage it because they are easy to fortify. I do not want to attack across mountains. Once the update comes we can discuss some treaties and such to discourage aggression between our peoples.

Edit: I misread your post and thought you meant we were going to just leave the mountains neutral. I do not want your "consent" nor do you want mine for expansion. We can instead just make some mutual understandings if you like on expansion like the one I said above dividing the mountains about halfway through.

I agree with the deal- if you are intent upon peace, then I am willing to have it on those terms.

I think Pi was referring to the immortal ability, not the name. Considering the context of the sentence and the show he's referring to.

NWAG please stop playing OOC. Not even update 0 and you are dividing the map up :rolleyes:

Carmen says we already have contact with each other- it's not completely OOC.

Does this count as a "unrealistic NES" ?

Does this count as a "unrealistic NES" ?

There is at least a case for that. The treaty was just an ordinary OOC action, though in my defence why should the fact it isn't yet update 0 make any IC difference?

Complex diplomacy and planning is somewhat OOC, because it takes a lot of foresight and a greater sense of national possession. The mountains, at this time, would be next to useless for people not long-adapted for living in mountainous environments (the Inca, for example), so people would see no reason to possess them.

Complex diplomacy and planning is somewhat OOC, because it takes a lot of foresight and a greater sense of national possession. The mountains, at this time, would be next to useless for people not long-adapted for living in mountainous environments (the Inca, for example), so people would see no reason to possess them.

Which doesn't contradict what I said. Can we count the point as finished and move on?

Top Bottom