Caveman 2 Cosmos

I've been working on debugging and various other projects with the .dll. Seems that's my position on the team ;) I realize this means others who wish to work on source code may need me to figure out how to post the sourcecode online here which is something I'm also working on but currently I can only offer a compiled .dll at a time. If anyone wants to work on SDK issues for this mod, talk to me and I'll work with you on that.

I've been through a xml tutorial already, and I'm reading about C++. It may take some time before I get some skill to do real programming, bu as I soon as I get it, I'll surely volunteer to help you guys, although this mod keeps me away from working all day (I've been trying to shut the internet off for a while, but I rely on it to work, you can see the problem...). I believe Civfanatics call this "The one more turn" problem...

Damn! I d/led the latest version of C2C and installed it. It's even better than the former version, but I still can't see any diolog on the diplomacy screen. So what's up??? BUG in V. 7 seems to work better since I can access the BUG option screen without having the game freeze up as it did before. BTW, how does one empty the cach?

jimmygeo

You can change the caching settings in the civ ini file or you can simply clear it by holding down shift as you load (not sure which point this is necessary so I've been holding it down during all loading and initiating and it does seem to work.)

As for your problem with dialogue, not personally sure what's going on there.

There seems to to be a unit from a civilization with light blue that is showing 3 pinks circles. It crashes every time I look at the unit/move a unit in range. Was in the prehistoric era.

Hi again, guys

I have recently posted that bug issue but it couldn't get solved, so i restarted my game......

Hi , guys

I just recently installed the C2C mod and started playing it....and since i was anyway a fan of RoM ND now i find this one even better. So, i got a bit hooked up :D

but , unfortunately, my game reached a point at which i cannot progress because my turn won't change...or at least just freezes.

Situation is the following: Turn no 632/2170 1836 BC Romans

CPU 3 ghz, Ram 4 gb, video 1 gb...Win Xp SP3 32bit

I looked thorough different issues here on the forum and seems other people do experience these types of problems but i couldn't find and allmighty solution

Please, help me because i don't want to restart my campaign :(:(

here's the file too, saved just before the issue

HOWEVER, in the meantime I started a hotseat game with a friend. Everything was going well, great fun....until we reached again a point at which we just can't go on because turn won't change...basiclly the same issue as described above :((( His pc is quite ok ( RAM DDR3 6GB intel core i7 920@ 2.67 Ghz Nvidia Gforce gtx 285 Vista SP1 64)...We didn't use any advanced start either

I have attached the 2 last savegame files...game cannot go past turn 505, or year 345BC. It is a real pity because we invested almost 2 days of gameplay in this and it was amazing! ...It will be really bad if we can't go on...I hope u can help us :)

Attachments

• Otto von Bismarck BC-0345.CivBeyondSwordSave
    998.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Otto von Bismarck BC-0351.CivBeyondSwordSave
    995.1 KB · Views: 77
Apparently, we've pretty much fixed the critical freeze bugs but the currently compiled files with the fix are making saves from v7 uncompatible... I realize that's unfortunate and apologize for that because I know what a frustration that amounts to!

We still have some debugging to address according to my initial checks but for those frozen files applied, we were able to get them past the freeze until some incompatabilities have now made them unloadable. Efforts in this dept are ongoing.

I posted a savegame file in the RoM Modmod thread. The game hangs on a specific turn and won't respond to anything but the Restart button on the Computer. DH said you all might have a fix for thatand it's is probably bad xml.

If you could upload a "patch" for that that would be Much better than a complete new version D/L. It took me 2 hours to D/L version 7. :p

Otherwise I was having Great fun with the Rogue and Assassin units! Didn't know they couldn't "capture" cities till I had used them to eliminate all units in the target city. But the city stayed in the current owners control till I sent a Regular mil unit into it and then I Captured the city.

Thank you Tbrd for helping strategyonly with this mods development. :thumbsup:

JosEPh :D

I'll say a patch would be tough. BUT if you look back through these conversations, you may find where we discussed some of the debugging matters and be able to glean from that what you can do in your own xml files to make it possible to get past the point you're stuck at. I've been more of a pointer to finding the problems but Strategyonly may be able to give you some of the keys as he found them in the xml. I'm not sure exactly what he changed to be honest.

If you could upload a "patch" for that that would be Much better than a complete new version D/L. It took me 2 hours to D/L version 7. :p
JosEPh :D

The main reason that a patch can't be done is that we are removing stuff. Or more precicely we are moving art form the folders to FPAK files. This makes the download smaller and game load faster. there is some evidence it may even make game turns slightly faster. (Did I add enough qualifiers there?)

I will look at making a list of changes between the versions to see what size an upgrade would be and what doco would be needed to describe what needs to be deleted from your earlier installation. The latest "test" version we are working with took me about 3hrs to download which is an improvement on v7.

The main reason that a patch can't be done is that we are removing stuff. Or more precisely we are moving art from the folders to FPK files. This makes the download smaller and game load faster. there is some evidence it may even make game turns slightly faster. (Did I add enough qualifiers there?)

I will look at making a list of changes between the versions to see what size an upgrade would be and what doco would be needed to describe what needs to be deleted from your earlier installation. The latest "test" version we are working with took me about 3hrs to download which is an improvement on v7.

Yeah i am trying hard to get alot of EXCESS units out, but its not as easy as it seems, cause in one way or another one thing leads to another, then that something goes wrong, and poof crash. It took me a whole month just to get 10 units deleted, alot with all these changes, and then trying to do testing, i haven't made it past Ancient Era in over two months, so i cant guarantee anything past that now:blush:

You guys KEEP coming up with the GREAT changes, that are the coolest, so i add them, then i have to start over all the time:lol::goodjob:

Could you please take a look at my file on the preceding page?

Apparently, we've pretty much fixed the critical freeze bugs but the currently compiled files with the fix are making saves from v7 uncompatible... I realize that's unfortunate and apologize for that because I know what a frustration that amounts to!

We still have some debugging to address according to my initial checks but for those frozen files applied, we were able to get them past the freeze until some incompatabilities have now made them unloadable. Efforts in this dept are ongoing.

Oooo, would that mean I can use Advance Start? o:

Hi,

Just thought I stop by and say that I'm really liking this mod. The early game seems so much more natural. Obviously there are a few balance issues but I know you guys are working hard to sort all that stuff out.

Good luck with this, I'll be looking forward to future versions :)

Hi,

Just thought I stop by and say that I'm really liking this mod. The early game seems so much more natural. Obviously there are a few balance issues but I know you guys are working hard to sort all that stuff out.

Good luck with this, I'll be looking forward to future versions :)

Thanks. It was a bit rocky to begin with but we at least have it flowing where its playable, especially the current unreleased version. Each version has brought something new and then we adjust to that. Hopefully over time it can be both balanced and diverse. And honestly if i went back to play RoM or even AND it would feel naked without all the stuff we have added so far. It is really developing into its own unique mod I think.

Thanks. It was a bit rocky to begin with but we at least have it flowing where its playable, especially the current unreleased version. Each version has brought something new and then we adjust to that. Hopefully over time it can be both balanced and diverse. And honestly if i went back to play RoM or even AND it would feel naked without all the stuff we have added so far. It is really developing into its own unique mod I think.

Yeah, I look forward to seeing this mod developing as a standalone mod. Someday I'll open Civilopedia and I may find just the C2C Game Concepts section, or open the BUG options and see no tag named RevDCM.

I know both mods have to be credited for the wonderful achievements they've made, but it surely confuses newcomers as they don't have a god damn idea about why "Battle Effects" option is listed under RevDCM tag or why there is a RoM Game Concepts in Civilopedia.

Just my opinion, though.

Great project! I was thinking AND was totally dead, but fortunally something is still going on :D

Only a question: is global warming mod included ? if yes does it work? i remember it was broken in AND 1.75. I relly love a "chaning enviroiment" which players can affect with their acts (pollution, fallout etc).

Hi again, guys

I have recently posted that bug issue but it couldn't get solved, so i restarted my game......

HOWEVER, in the meantime I started a hotseat game with a friend. Everything was going well, great fun....until we reached again a point at which we just can't go on because turn won't change...basiclly the same issue as described above :((( His pc is quite ok ( RAM DDR3 6GB intel core i7 920@ 2.67 Ghz Nvidia Gforce gtx 285 Vista SP1 64)...We didn't use any advanced start either

I have attached the 2 last savegame files...game cannot go past turn 505, or year 345BC. It is a real pity because we invested almost 2 days of gameplay in this and it was amazing! ...It will be really bad if we can't go on...I hope u can help us :)

For everybody having the endless turn bug, I had gotten it twice, around turn 900/3000 and again around turn 700/3000, on two different games. Before I started my third game I changed the Thief/Rogue/Assassin/Ambusher units in the ClassInfos xml to be National Units with a limit of 0 (basically turning them off) because there was some suggestion they might be causing an issue with the AI trying to build more, then being told it can't, then trying again, in an infinite loop. With this change I have been playing my current game for almost 1200/3000 turns, and while turn times jumped from about 10 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes around turn 800/3000, I haven't had the bug again.

It might not even be necessary to turn the units off completely, just give them a limit of 3 or so. I don't know if it is save compatible, or if you need to go into worldbuilder in a current game and delete all the over the limit units too, but it might be something to try if you really don't want to lose your game.

If you want to try you need to edit this file (back it up first):
[BTS FOLDER]\Mods\[C2C FOLDER]\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml

And change the <iMaxPlayerInstances> tag for the UNITCLASS_AMBUSHER, UNITCLASS_THIEF, UNITCLASS_ROGUE, UNITCLASS_ASSASSIN from:

<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>

to

<iMaxPlayerInstances>0</iMaxPlayerInstances>

or

<iMaxPlayerInstances>3</iMaxPlayerInstances>

to still leave them in, but with a limit.

Odd, just got to turn 50 and was informed that the difficulty had increased, I didn't set the option for this to happen and when I checked the settings it wasn't showing as enabled there...suggesting that one or more of the Custom option don't do what they are meant to do?

Top Bottom