Caveman2Cosmos soundtrack?

MantaRevan

Emperor
Hey, I used to play C2C a fair bit and I noticed that the mod had a lot of music from other civ games or just stuff I hadn't heard before. I'm trying to go through and add some extra tunes to the modern and classical eras of my BtS base game, and I was hoping that you guys could point me in the direction of much of the new music you added with C2C. :)

Sounds are in your Caveman2Cosmos folder. For me they are in

C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Sounds\soundtrack

You will also have to modify 2-4 XML files to include the additional tunes to your game

-I think one of them is in assets\XML\GameInfo and should have "era" in its name; something like Civ4_EraInfos.xml

-the other XMLs are in asseta\xml\Sounds(audio?)
and they have "2D" and "3D" in their names, something like 2DAudioDefines or some such.

You should be able to figure out the rest.

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to jump in but I can't find most of the music in the relevant "Soundtrack" folders.

The Industrial era musics in particular, all of them were lovely but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Am I just unobservant or are some of the musics stored as anything other than "plain" sound files ?

Swanchika: I think for those songs that were in the original Civ IV, you want to look in the Civ 4 folder, not the mod folder.

Top Bottom