Caveman2Cosmos

I have a minor issue: On the scoreboard there is no icon showing each civ's state religion. I cheched the BUG options, but there is no alternative there. Is this a bug, or am I looking in all the wrong places?

When they have a state religion the icon is showing up on the scoreboard for me. Which version of Caveman2Cosmos are you using?

I had heard someone was working on a complete set of Neadathal units at one stage but I am unsure whether they ever got completed... Certainly would be cool and more accurate if these units followed a similar progression to the base ground units. Maybe not artillery and the like, but ground units definitely like a Neadathal Axeman and the like. Also maybe have the option of them branching into a worker/military tree so that you need to decide which way you want to upgrade.

Also, I think swordsman should be able to build roads and forts with the Legionary of Rome having a building speed equivalent to a worker but only able to build those stone roads... Roman soldiers built roads and forts as they travelled through the Roman Empire. I think all armies may have created their own pathways, therefore other swordsman may do that but slower. A lot of the early roads and pathways were partially military and even modern roads are still partially based around this consideration. What do you think?

When they have a state religion the icon is showing up on the scoreboard for me. Which version of Caveman2Cosmos are you using?

I am using v35. The icons also don't show in civics description, or in the 'paedia.

Also, I can't use in-game signs (Alt+S), as they keep disappearing after a few turns :confused:

The signs disappearing is a known bug. There is a fix but we have not added it in yet.

Can you post a screen shot of what you mean by "the icons not showing up". re they just missing or are they displayed as pink squares?

edit pink squares means some art has gotten lost.

The signs disappearing is a known bug. There is a fix but we have not added it in yet.

Can you post a screen shot of what you mean by "the icons not showing up". re they just missing or are they displayed as pink squares?

edit pink squares means some art has gotten lost.

They are just missing. It's presumably a 'font' rather than an 'art' problem. The problem is still there on 8653 (the latest version I've played), so is it possible you have a fix in your assets that isn't on the SVN?

ETA: It could also of course be a Python problem with the UI, if that helps...

Missing from the fonts would mean that letters would be showing up strange also. Some would be bold while others would be larger than normal.

I had to do a clean install fairly recently so I have what is on the SVN as far as I know. Pictures of the scoreboard and pedia page showing the problem would really help here.

Here are two images (which hopefully work..).

One is of the scoreboard. The other is from the Jewish Temple description from the pop-up build menu. My religion at the time was Andeanism, but no symbol is hown (nor a pink square). It's simply missing.

It's no big issue, but it would be nice to see which religions my neighbours favour :)

Also, does any one know if the signs and landmarks disappearing is related to the same bug :confused::crazyeye:

Attachments

• religionsymbolmissing.png
    religionsymbolmissing.png
    99 KB · Views: 109
  • scoreboardnoreligion.png
    scoreboardnoreligion.png
    42 KB · Views: 99

One is of the scoreboard. The other is from the Jewish Temple description from the pop-up build menu. My religion at the time was Andeanism, but no symbol is hown (nor a pink square). It's simply missing.

It's no big issue, but it would be nice to see which religions my neighbours favour :)

Also, does any one know if the signs and landmarks disappearing is related to the same bug :confused::crazyeye:

No, the missing religion symbols and the missing signs are not the same bug.

The signs bug was introduced knowingly by Koshling as part of the introduction of graphical paging, with the implication that you couldn't have one without the other. That's why last time it was reported, it was decided not to fix it.

Now at least they do come back when you save.

The pop-up build menu does not get the religion symbol, I don't think it ever did.

I am seeing the state religion symbol in my scoreboard which suggests a setting somewhere is different but I have no idea what it would be.:(

The pop up menu does have the religion icon usually.
Known issue for steam version.

The signs bug was introduced knowingly by Koshling as part of the introduction of graphical paging, with the implication that you couldn't have one without the other. That's why last time it was reported, it was decided not to fix it.

Now at least they do come back when you save.
Not the manual ones (at least not for me). The ones placed by the game when events ocur (e.g. "+1F Sea Turtles") stay. Any landmarks placed in World Builder or signs (Alt+S) disappear :(

Not the manual ones (at least not for me). The ones placed by the game when events ocur (e.g. "+1F Sea Turtles") stay. Any landmarks placed in World Builder or signs (Alt+S) disappear :(

It was fixed in Rocks2Rockets but the change did not make it into Caveman2Cosmos. Signs are placed all over the place, in multiple places in both the dll and in Python. Koshling tried to combine the underlying methods into a consistent set when working on graphics optimisation but he missed something. God_Emperor has posted a description of what to do to fix the problem which looks simple until you look at the existing dll code.:lol: It is the "only" the understanding of the code that is needed to enable the fix to be done but getting that understanding is not a simple or quick task.

It was fixed in Rocks2Rockets but the change did not make it into Caveman2Cosmos. Signs are placed all over the place, in multiple places in both the dll and in Python. Koshling tried to combine the underlying methods into a consistent set when working on graphics optimisation but he missed something. God_Emperor has posted a description of what to do to fix the problem which looks simple until you look at the existing dll code.:lol: It is the "only" the understanding of the code that is needed to enable the fix to be done but getting that understanding is not a simple or quick task.

I haven't even fixed it in R2R. My own version, which is slowly approaching another release, has a partial fix that I thought would fix it for the signs placed by events and the feature naming map customization game option (or all the types except user placed signs).

I don't know why, but somehow some of them still disappear until the game is reloaded, and even then some of them seem to disappear again pretty much immediately. This seems to mainly affect those within your borders and on land, but not exclusively and not all of those (at least not for a while, anyway). It's rather irritating: hovering over a plot shows the text in the pop-up for the presence of a named forest, or whatever, but the sign is just not there.

So fixing the problem even without fixing the user created ones is not exactly easy. The post I made explaining how to fix it seems to have missed something... Or maybe I should go look at that again to see if DLL changes are necessary to get even this partial fix to work. :dunno:

I have a minor issue: On the scoreboard there is no icon showing each civ's state religion. I cheched the BUG options, but there is no alternative there. Is this a bug, or am I looking in all the wrong places?

This began happening recently, I read Koshling and other dude say they work after save. Not in any of my many games, signs don't save, no icon for religion on scoreboard. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom