City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

I think almost no one plays on huge maps. The game is so poorly coded that it's insanely slow no matter how good your computer is and that gets multiplied by huge maps. I almost never see anyone talking about the problems with huge maps for any aspect of the game. I am hoping that Gazebo tells me that I can change diplomat movement for huge maps somehow to ameliorate the problem at least a little.

The part about no one playing in huge maps simply isn't true. If you look at the game settings thread there are several players who play on huge me included and I have to say that I see no reason for myself atleast to give diplomats more mobility since there is no added mobility for other units either in bigger maps. There is in my opinion nothing to e fixed here.

I have to say that I see no reason for myself atleast to give diplomats more mobility since there is no added mobility for other units either in bigger maps. There is in my opinion nothing to e fixed here.

While I agree with you, I think NarrativeKnight might be playing without Vox Populi and the vanilla game experience different from ours.

While I agree with you, I think NarrativeKnight might be playing without Vox Populi and the vanilla game experience different from ours.

Actually I am using Vox Populi. The problem as I see it is that even if you choose 41 city states on a huge map they are not spaced equally through the maps. Entire continents do not have any and a vast majority of them can be grouped in either direction from you half way across the map. This creates a great disparity in usage of diplomatic pieces between the civilizations that have nearly no city-states nearby and those who are almost literally surrounded by them. I don't know what the map drawing settings are that keep the city-states mostly on islands but it creates a very uneven type of game play. Trying to compare diplomatic units with others in game is an apples and zebras comparison. They function on completely different rule sets. Any other type of unit and I can create more of them while the previous ones go about their business. You cannot do that with diplomatic units. You are stuck waiting until missions are complete to create more of them. This is vastly different and is a huge difference in game play so your assumption that they are the same as the other units in huge map games is completely wrong.

So, I have a conflict of Mods. I have Enhanced User Interface (EUI v. 1.28g), City State Diplomacy Mod (CSD v.27) and Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (CIVF v.11) - along others, mostly for new wonders and who doesn't change the interface. If I use EUI and CSD (or EUI and CIVF) all goes well, but if I include CIVF (or CSD) along I can't see the requests for City States (Shows always as "NONE" except for invading barbaries, and faith, culture and etc for 30 turns). If a city wants me to declare war, to find some other city or Civ, or to destroy a barbarian camp, it doesn't show - either on the side who is show with the EUI, or in the city state interface (when you click on the city state) - nothing. But if I inadvertently fulfill the request, I get the 40/50 influence that comes with it.

Someone already told me that this happens because both CSD and CIVF are both DLL mods, and I would need to use one with no DLL. But looking at the Update log from the non-DLL version I see that the resolutions and most of the fun stuff only happens after v.14, who is the one disponible without the DLL. There is any way to update the version to have at least the resolutions?

So, I have a conflict of Mods. I have Enhanced User Interface (EUI v. 1.28g), City State Diplomacy Mod (CSD v.27) and Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (CIVF v.11) - along others, mostly for new wonders and who doesn't change the interface. If I use EUI and CSD (or EUI and CIVF) all goes well, but if I include CIVF (or CSD) along I can't see the requests for City States (Shows always as "NONE" except for invading barbaries, and faith, culture and etc for 30 turns). If a city wants me to declare war, to find some other city or Civ, or to destroy a barbarian camp, it doesn't show - either on the side who is show with the EUI, or in the city state interface (when you click on the city state) - nothing. But if I inadvertently fulfill the request, I get the 40/50 influence that comes with it.

Someone already told me that this happens because both CSD and CIVF are both DLL mods, and I would need to use one with no DLL. But looking at the Update log from the non-DLL version I see that the resolutions and most of the fun stuff only happens after v.14, who is the one disponible without the DLL. There is any way to update the version to have at least the resolutions?

Switch to Vox Populi (the community patch project) that you are in the subforum for. It has everything you want and more, and is compatible out of the box with EUI.

G

I'm trying to use CSD with whoward's "DLL - Various Mod Components". I followed the instructions given on this thread -->http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dll-various-mod-comps-civ-iv-diplo-csd-mods.518556/ and already posted about my problem there. I get a crash to desktop whenever public opinion deviates from 0. This crash happens if I only use CSD v28 as well, which is why I'm reposting here, as instructed on said thread.

Also using whoward's DLL with CSD and C4DF, and I'm also getting the same problem with ideologies causing a CTD.

is this thread even ever checked or not

I fixed the CTD problem I had!
You simply need to go to \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 28)\DLL\AddDefines.sql
and add the following lines:

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_PER_CITY_UNHAPPY', '2';

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'IDEOLOGY_POP_PER_UNHAPPY', '6';

1. Is it possible to raze a city-state ? I have a mission to destroy one but it seems i can only annex or puppet..

2. Also, I gave money and a unit to Tyr with no influence impact on them. Bug ?

Last edited:
I'm currently planning on running CSD and the Community Patch (not the balance patch) using the Community Patch .dll. Does this work fine or do I need to add/merge them somehow? I heard it had all been combined already but now I'm confused if that was the CP or the CBP.

I'm currently planning on running CSD and the Community Patch (not the balance patch) using the Community Patch .dll. Does this work fine or do I need to add/merge them somehow? I heard it had all been combined already but now I'm confused if that was the CP or the CBP.

You can do this as follows:

1. Download the auto-installer VP and choose the no-EUI full version.
  2. Delete all but (1), (3), and (6b).
  3. In (6b), delete all folders except for LUA and CSD.

G

You can do this as follows:

1. Download the auto-installer VP and choose the no-EUI full version.
  2. Delete all but (1), (3), and (6b).
  3. In (6b), delete all folders except for LUA and CSD.

G

What a response time! Thanks a lot.

Well, this doesn't look right. I think it's still loading all the CBP stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/ZXKCa8P.jpg

It also threw errors on starting the game and the city screen is a jumble of TXT_KEY_ references

Just delete (6b), then. You won't get a few elements of CSD's lua, but that's all. Should work otherwise.

G

Just delete (6b), then. You won't get a few elements of CSD's lua, but that's all. Should work otherwise.

G

Alright, I'll give this a go. I assume the missing bits aren't anything essential like buildings or congress resolutions so I can live with them missing.

Top Bottom