1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

City State Road Request remains unfilled

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by FeiLing, Apr 16, 2012.

1. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

Jan 9, 2012
    Game Version:

Warsaw requests a road to my capital, Washington. Road completed. Request remains unfilled. The road goes through Brussels territory which doesn't matter, as I'm allied with them. The last road sequence was finished 1 or 2 turns before the savegame was made, but you can play a turn and it still won't be recognized.

You can see in the tactical view that the trade route between Washington and Warsaw is intact:
    Spoiler :

Here's the savegame:
  2. Ranos

Ranos Chieftain

Feb 6, 2002
    This is a known issue I believe. The road can't pass thru any other civ or CS territory.
  3. Optional

Optional Chieftain

May 22, 2007
    It Dockumer Lokaeltsje
    It's a known issue, but I don't know whether it actually has been reported as such.

I think everyone that notices this thing for the first time will feel it's wrong. If you're friendly with someone or even allied, your units can move freely through their lands. Then it must be an oversight that it doesn't work for this 'trade route'.
  4. Cialith

Cialith Chieftain

Apr 21, 2012
    Doesn't work either if you are Hiawatha and using Forest Tiles as roads
  5. Carazycool

Carazycool Chieftain

Feb 25, 2007
    yeah i have had this issue too...it's annoying.

however, i don't think its necessarily a bug. i think that the reasoning is that the road is intended for the City State to pass through, not your units, therefore if the city state does not have open borders through the opponent's land (in this case, Brussels) you have not given them access to your capital yet, even though YOUR capital has access to them.

i wonder if a CS ever would have open borders with a different civ or if this situation would block the quest completion every time.