City States Gifted me a Merchant of Venice

Yes, there are some minor glitches regarding quests. I got one where CS X wanted Jewelry, while they had... Jewelry. So I influenced them to get the resource and instantly doubled the influence.

Sweet. Cute. And temporary, surely they will fix those.

Yes, there are some minor glitches regarding quests. I got one where CS X wanted Jewelry, while they had... Jewelry. So I influenced them to get the resource and instantly doubled the influence.

I'm sure I've seen similar quests in G&K, so while normally I'd say they should obviously fix it, it's been around for a while and they still haven't...

Gifting a Khan is one thing but getting a Merchant of Venice through the Patronage tree is a little over the top.

In my opinion, neither should be available as a gifted unit unless you're playing as Mongolia or Venice respectively.

I agree, it's one thing to get a Khan, but being gifted a Merchant of Venice quite literally changes everything.

On a somewhat related note, Militaristic City-States can still gift Foreign Legions despite them no longer being France UU. Is this intended?

That isn't a bug. you may also get Khan as gift from CS. btw, Merchant of Venice just epic. I used them today, double gold, double influence. you may also puppet CS.

Not a glitch, it's the way it's meant to work but sometimes leads to odd results. I've been asked to find a Natural Wonder and got the influence boost for finding one inside that city-state's borders.

And of course there's the predilection of religious and cultural CSes to ask for the civ that has the most of that resource - usually I win those partly with the aid of the same city-state's output.

Gifting a Khan is one thing but getting a Merchant of Venice through the Patronage tree is a little over the top.

In my opinion, neither should be available as a gifted unit unless you're playing as Mongolia or Venice respectively.

But getting Khans is fun! Especially as Germany, get Lightning Warfare and you have a patently ridiculous combo of turbo Panzers and a Great General that can cross the map twice in one turn.

Obviously, buying city-states is a mechanic that Firaxis is okay with. They have intentionally made it so that anyone can do it if they get the proper unit.

I was gifted a Merchant of Venice by a city state, and I'm anxious to put him to good use. :thumbsup:

Can I use him to puppet a city-state that's already been puppeted by Venice? I'll report back, regardless.

Tried my MOV on a city-state already puppeted by Venice, didn't work. I imagine the coding considers that territory Venetian turf and outside the influence of my third-party MOV.

So I moved on to the nearest city-state from there, and got a TON of GP and influence points. OP? Maybe.

Yes. Once Venice puppets a CS, it ceases to be a CS for all purposes — it’s just a Venetian city.

Playing further into the above game, I got gifted another Merchant of Venice. My cup runneth over.

If I wasn't vying for a diplomatic victory, I would definitely get to puppeting CS's. :borg:

If you use merchant of Venice to a city state that has captured AI capital will you also get that as your city?

Top Bottom