City Summaries - Province of Ariel

starlifter

Deity
City Summaries -Ariel

(formerly a bunch of old F.a.R.Ts.).

Since the game is pretty advanced already, I am going to experiment with a new way of city reports. I have formatted each screenshot to 70% size, and compressed the sizes to download fast (each is only 37 to 54K in size!). A province overview is shown first, followed by a post of the cities (separate due to the BBS restrictions).

Note the comment on Pompeii's screen about Lugdunum. I will probably use more notes for things that need special attention in future Status Reports. All cities and citizens are exactly as the 1872.sav has them at the moment.

First, here is the 1872 AD [Former Roman] Province, Western Half:

Eastern Half (this is a "Progressive JPEG" format, which means it sould become viewable as it downloads. If anyone cannot display it properly, let me know.... All modern browsers should have no problem):

EDIT: Ariel is the new name of this province.

Alphabetically, by Roman City Name:

Summary: Optimize citizens: one excess food. IPRB to 60, then complete Aquaduct. Marketplace. Sewer. Harbor. Grow to make use of existing trade routes. Can make and support 3 engineers with harbor, and still have +10s per turn. Sell the Coastal Fortress if Empire needs cash.

Summary: No trade routes exist. Optimize citizens: less excess food. IPRB 2 engineers. Resupport the Partisans to keep the +10s. Then Market & Aquaduct & Sewer.

Summary: 3 TRs, and a 4-special city. Should get growth priorits. Optimize citizens: less excess food. Use Taxmen/Elvii as necessary to grow without Colosseum for now. RB Sewer. RB SH. RB Airport. City needs one Forest (the Swamp) to make it a 40s+ city, with OP & F later on. Excellent trade destination for good bonus when size 18 to 20 (Ideal location for most of empire, too).

Summary: Optimize citizens: less food. IPRB to 60, then complete Aquaduct. RB Market, Aquaduct. Can make Engs & Freight. One existing trade route. Sell the Coastal Fortress if Empire needs cash.

Summary: Optimize citizens on trade as it grows. Can zoom to 12. No engineers until size 4 or greater (to keep growth). May produce valuable freight (resupport to larger city) during rapid growth.

Summary: Optimize citizens: one excess shield & minimal food. IRB a transport, load vet spy, bribe Lugdunum nest turn. Sell barracks when units are repaired. IPRB to 60, then complete Aquaduct. RB Bank, Sewer, Harbor; IRB freight. (Contains Wonder: STATUE OF LIBERTY)

Summary: Change to market (RB it). Optimize citizens: 10s & minimum excess food. IPRB to 60, then complete Aquaduct. Sewer. Harbor. Grow to make use of existing trade route. Can make and support 2 engineers with harbor, and still have +10s per turn. Sell the Coastal Fortress if Empire needs cash. (Contains Wonders: PYRAMIDS + Expired Wonders)

Summary: Optimize citizens: less excess food. RB Bank, Sewer. Harbor. Grow to make use of existing trade routes. IRB Freight as necessary. Can support 4 enginees with one excess shield per turn.

Study the city dispostions and make recommendations, suggestions, etc. :)

I could see the progressive JPEG but I couldn't see the last city screen. Anyway, you're the governor so you should do make recommendations on what to build.

My opinion: I see that most cities have quite some trade going on but they don't have marketplace or bank so it would be good to build that. None of the cities has too much production (13 max I believe) so the strength of these cities in SS construction will not be in production of SS parts but in providing money to buy SS parts I believe.

I was adding the summaries, but you were so quick, and caught the old F.a.R.Ts. napping, LOL!!

Yeah, overall, concentrate on growth and not building shield producing improvements yet. Several cities have a 10s+ production capacity, and these are excellent for making SS Components (3 freight + 1T of 10s gives a 1-day SS Component.) These 10s cities can also produce Modules in 2 days, with 6 freight. The freight can be IRB'd as funds and city growth patterns warrant it. The real power is in the Trade Arrows and and good location for trade with a lot of the Empire (Trade by Airport to keep it simple & fast). Hispalis will be great for a destination, as soon as it grows to 19 or 20. Hispalis needs to make its swamp a Forest if we would like it to become a production city, and should have the top priority because of its head start and excellent trade... dump those freight into it for gold ans science (after it has SHs and Apt).

:)

Excellent report, starlifter. Those of us without access to the game really appreciate seeing the city report screen. :goodjob:

Cumae has way more defenders than needed. I would suggest redistributing them if any others in the old FaRTs province need something better than a partisan, otherwise disband them in the city where the shields will be the most helpful. Or do we plan to ship some of them to England along with the Howies?

Wow, such great detail. I will try to get to all of the suggestions that you make. I'll try to hurry where I can to get these cities to catch up as well, but keep in mind I don't posses your knack for micromanagement. :)

As far as defenders, there is nothing left in this part of the world. I'd just leave one in each city if I had my druthers. Connect everyone by rail and we should have no troubles whatsoever. We can use units to help rush-build things.

OK, I've posted something similar in the renaming of the Romans thread but now looking at the city screens: we might wanna put those howies on a transport to send them to England. Maybe disband the cavalry because they've become quite useless and redistribute defending forces so that every city has one or two good defenders. With spy and diplo also around we will be able to convert a unit from any enemy that might pop up and poses a threat.

As far as defenders, there is nothing left in this part of the world. I'd just leave one in each city if I had my druthers. Connect everyone by rail and we should have no troubles whatsoever. We can use units to help rush-build things

These cities only need one defender. They would need zero, if the entire continent was settled.

What I try to do is redistribute offensive military units and ships to new cities in a democracy, so absorb the unhappiness factor in waging war. As long as these cities have +10s net production, rehome a howie (if the current home city of the howie has or will make more than one offensive unit). Ditto especially for Naval units, as they are expected to be at sea almost all the time. Howies should be in cities or forts when not in transit or attacking. When cities all have airports, howies will of course fly to a port of embarkation, or directly into a newly conquered city (I often immediately buy the awesome Airport in new cities, esp. if the land is not conquered yet).

Don't worry if I flood too much info, or get too complicated. I'm actually keeping it kindof simple, LOL.... no one ever accused me of speed turns in late game combat/trade, hehe....

Do what you can for the old FaRTs when you play the turns, but don't worry if you don't catch everything.... old FaRTs never die, and won't fade away (sorry for mangling your quote, Douglas MacArthur!)....

It is best not to disband units for mere improvements... SS parts and freight are far better uses of disbanded shields.

Value of one shield (assuming one or more shields in prod box):

Improvement = 2
Unit (one row IPRB) = 2.5 gold
Unit (max) = 8 gold
SS part = 4 gold
Freight (same as unit) = 2.5 gold

That is why to use disbandments on anything but improvements. If anything, disband to make a Howie, Tank (barracks city), or Freight (any city), or Destroyer (the Port City) (vet destroyer to sweep seas for AI ships, it is fully IPRB-able and cheap).

When in doubt, build freight.... can't go wrong with that. But all cities of all sizes everywhere need Airports and SHs for rapid (rapid real time by Kev) movement, and big time 1,000 to 2,000 gold trade deliveries.

:)

Special 1872 note:

Please give top priority of the engineers to building roads at:

1. hispalis
2. Neapolis
3. Pisae.

Please check Neapolis/Pisae each turn for interference... Give Pisae the 2 overlapping Neapolis squares to get Pisae up to size 12 without halting.

Also, take away the two northern squares from Neapolis and give them to Hispalis.

Hispalis needs to have something special done with it:

1. All 21 squares. No sharing with Neapolis.

2. Max Trade city... it is on a separate continent, far from most other big cities, and will give big profits as a freight destination/source.

3. Hispalis needs a new improvement each turn (not even every 2nd turn).... It is a super key city, and a 4-special to boot. So on this 1872 turn, just buy the SHs.

3.a. In 1873, Buy a Barracks for 160 gold (the Prod Box will be empty), then buy an airport for 240g. This one-turn improvement only costs a paultry 80g (for the inital barracks rush), and we have lots of gold. Most cities won't get such preferential treatment (yet) because certain key cities need to get the mega-gold from 1,000 to 3,000g freight going. :) This is a key delivery/source city for massive gold bonuses, if we want it.

3.b. In 1874, same pattern, but get the Stock Exchange.

3.c. 1875, Ditto, MT. 1976, Ditto, Offshore P. 1877, Ditto, factory. Then build freight.

4. The Swamp can become a forest to make 50s with a Mfg Plant and Recycling Center, later on.
5. Please check this city each turn to make sure it stays in celebration at all costs (e.g., use Elvii and/or a Colosseum, if necessary to get rid of red dudes).
6. BTW, This city will be able to reach (eventually) size 36, and use all 16 taxmen for lots of gold!

I know special attention is a pain, so I won't ask for it with the other Roman cities :)..... but the Hispalis/Neapolis thing is best to watch carefully as the cities grow rapidly so they can support their best population/prodtucion.

Sorry, Starlifter,

I didn't see your last post until after the turns were played. I'll get to those cities within the next group of turns.

I didn't see your last post until after the turns were played. I'll get to those cities within the next group of turns
No worries... I just tried to wedge that in ;).... You're doin' great, Prez! At least that's what Ariel whisperz in my ear...

Top Bottom