1. Civ6 is coming out TODAY! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 3 Crashes bigtime !

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Sinterklaasje, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Sinterklaasje

Sinterklaasje New Member

Nov 26, 2001

The first time i played Civ3, not only the game crashed, i also succeeded in crashing Windows XP. (i thought they finally made a decent OS?)
    Only thing to fix the problem was power down.
    Its not my pc, i have an Athlon XP 1500+ with 512mb DDR ram and a GeForce 32mb DDR

So i installed Windows ME again, played civ3, all went fine.
    But now it crashes again !!! I'm playing the really big worldmap with 14 civilizations. Its around 1920, i conquered North and South America, destroyed already 5 opponents, and got my nukes ready to destroy the rest... but that damn game crashes everytime i reload my last savegame.

Anyone else knows this problem? I think the AI in the game cant handle a better human player, coz i was on the winning hand both times it crashed.