Civ 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

droberts97470

Warlord
Been playing 5 since it came out. Getting tired (never thought I'd say that). Is there anything new on the horizon? I didn't like the space version at all.

:):)

Nothing has been announced by Firaxis or 2K (not even any acknowledgement that they are working on another Civ game). If you read internet chatter about the "imminent release of Civ 6" or "Civ 6 will be released in 2016" or variations on those themes, it is over-eager speculation and unsubstantiated rumor, not grounded in actual facts.

In the meantime, try some Civ 5 mods!

Nothing has been announced by Firaxis or 2K (not even any acknowledgement that they are working on another Civ game). If you read internet chatter about the "imminent release of Civ 6" or "Civ 6 will be released in 2016" or variations on those themes, it is over-eager speculation and unsubstantiated rumor, not grounded in actual facts.

Community Patch is a good mod that revives the game.

Also try playing Civ 4 again, I went back for the first time in years and I'm having a blast. It's a lot more fun for me than Civ 5 at the moment.

Why does everyone think that civ 6 is going to come out so soon, they just released the first major DLC for BE, and it was a success. I just seems unlikely that they're release civ 6 before releasing another DLC for BE, like what they did with 5. Maybe a year or two after the next DLC for BE comes out I could see it happening, but at the moment, I doubt it will come out soon.

Community Patch is a good mod that revives the game.

Also try playing Civ 4 again, I went back for the first time in years and I'm having a blast. It's a lot more fun for me than Civ 5 at the moment.

I've been thinking about doing that. In many ways civ4 was a better game.

I changed to a MAC 2 years ago and MODs took some steps I don't Remember. Did they get easier or please point me to the directions.

what does DLC stand for?

Ok, that didn't go to anything related. Can you please check your link?

In the link there is a post of aristos with eta for some 4x games, including Civilization VI! Check the quote in the first post.

If OP never played Civ 4 before, I would highly recommend it. I've been playing it consistently since it came out (have an ongoing game right now) and I haven't played V in about two years.

what does DLC stand for?

DownLoadable (or downloaded) Content.

Best thing they could do for Civ6 is release regularly schedule balance patches. Basically like the community patch or Acken's mod, but supported by 2k.

Best thing they could do for Civ6 is release regularly schedule balance patches. Basically like the community patch or Acken's mod, but supported by 2k.

Knowing them, they'll make the regularly scheduled balance patches be automatically downloaded through Steam, but not be save game compatible, thus angering everyone. :mad:

If they follow the CIV5 and Beyond Earth trend it will be released as a barebones "meh" game, and we will be offered full priced DLC to fix it every 2 years for the first 4 years.

It would be nice if it was a complete game on release, but I'm not holding my breath.

I changed to a MAC 2 years ago and MODs took some steps I don't Remember. Did they get easier or please point me to the directions.
Yes, mods (for Mac users) got much easier in Civ5 as of this past summer, see this thread in the Mac forum.

If they follow the CIV5 and Beyond Earth trend it will be released as a barebones "meh" game, and we will be offered full priced DLC to fix it every 2 years for the first 4 years.
It would be nice if it was a complete game on release, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah. I plan to be playing Civ5 for the next couple of years, but I have yet to give BE a try. After the next expansion, patch, and fire sale, BE might be fully baked. I don't expect to go back to IV. I am not really seeing the appeal in that.

I do expect that VI will be released towards the end of 2016. I also expect that it will be quite rough. GnK was much better than I expected, but I did not try it until BNW was released. With VI, I might only wait until the first expansion to purchase. OTOH, RT does not seem to have addressed any of the fundamental problems with BE, so it is really hard to know if Firaxis is doing anything different than what they did with III and IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom