Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

Please consider adding a direct democracy civic. :D

Well, adding civics gets into Python so you don't ruin the look of the civics screen and I would need to come up with 5 new civics, one in each category, because having only one category with six would look ridiculous (and because it's a government civic really unbalance the Pyramids).

So civics is a long-range project, nothing I'll be working on in the next few weeks. But if you please tell me what you want Direct Democracy to do, gameplay wise, I'd be willing to consider modifying an existing civic if it seems appropriate or I'd just file it away for a RoE 4.0.

Direct Democracy (or just democracy) should replace representation, because the positive effects describe direct democracy more. Representation to me represents universal sufferage's effects, so that should be removed completely.

Here's a graph of how athenian democracy worked: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...on-of-the-Athenians-in-the-4th-century-BC.png

I also think all civics should have positive and negative affects. For direct democracy it'd be increased city maintenance, for dictatorship it'd be increased unhappiness, etc.
Btw this would be great in Glory and Greatness too.

Here's the Mandela fix:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSZU4XWF

Just unzip this into the Rise of Empires 3.5 folder. It will ask to merge with certain folders and replace certain files. Let it. Then when you open your game you should see this guy:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 300
My report: Mandela is working; Brennus is no longer pink; and Hector (not Paris, my mistake) of Troy's background still shifts when his intro animation is complete. Thanks for the fixes, and the third one isn't a really big deal unless you want to pursue it further.

Hey Seasnake!
Maybe you can get a chance to check this out:
The ressourse "Titanium": After discovering it and resarching all the required techs in the late game I have it in my territory, have a mine and railroad built on the correct square, and yet I do not get the ressource. And yes, the symbl for the ressource shows up pink - maybe you have a fix for this?

And again: Great mod!

I'll look into it, but it will have to wait until the weekend, I'm traveling and unable to get to my home computer. give me til friday or saturday and I'll see if I can have it fixed by then.

One more thing to fix--

Not sure if this was a download error, but when I select the Mongol Civ on the civ selection screen the mod crashes to desktop. Please look into this as well. Thanks.

Guys,

All of the fixes I was working on Rise of Empires with died when my computer got virused, so I need to download it myself and start over.

I am sorry, I will look into things later on. For now I'm releasing a mod this month called Glory and Greatness: The Powers that Be. Look for that in about a week or so and then I'll re-download this and start doing fixes.

Hey seasnake, great mod mate!

To be fair, I like all the major mods available on CF ... but there's always something that isn't working for me. Yours is still the cream of the crop for me, if only because it doesn't try too hard.

But I would really like to change the texture set to that available with Blue Marble 4.5. I am a total modding noob and don't really know much about the whole deal, but it appears that BM has installed itself as a CustomAsset for "vanilla" BtS, and looks great, but upon loading RoE, the included terrain styles override everything else.

Can anyone help me out ... i would like to replace the RoE terrain textures with the BM textures (if there are any in RoE that aren't covered by BM then they can stay) and I'm not sure of the procedure or exactly what files to put where ...:confused:

Thanks a ton! :D

nevermind, figured out how to do it. copied the Assets/art/terrain folder over into the Rise of Empires Asset folder. Stupidly simple really. :crazyeye:

This may be a very stupid question and I apologize ahead of time for it... I love your mod, in fact, it's pretty much all I'm playing now. But I do have a question: How can I "update" your mod? I downloaded it about 9 months ago and if you add changes and stuff to it I would love to get them.

KyleC

I love playing Rise of Empires,but it has a civilization limit of 18 civs. Can someone post a gamecore with the maximum civilizations raised to 30,40 of 50?

Top Bottom