Civ V Image Request--AI Being AI

Foundation Afro

Chieftain
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster (I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this thread). I'm a content producer at a gaming site called Ready Up Live, and have been been going a bit crazy since the announcement of Civ VI. I'm planning an article based on the Civilization AI, and much of it will consist of screenshots of the AI either being stupid or taking advantages of its bonuses on higher difficulties. If you have any such screenshots, please post them in the comments below and I'll try to use them in my article. I'll probably only use two or three in total, so images with a higher density of AI stupidity have a higher chance of being used.

I'll be taking a look at the images and explaining what's going on, and if I use yours I'll make sure to credit you in the image description. If I don't use yours, I'll still link back to this thread so people can see your images. Screenshots would be preferred, but if you have an anecdote I'd be happy to use that as well. I'd also prefer Civ V stuff, and possibly BE stuff. Civ IV's sitting unplayed in my library, so I'd have a tougher time explaining what's going on if you post anything from earlier games.

I'm not quite sure when I'll be putting the article out, hopefully in the next few days. However it will be somewhat dependent on images coming in, so if that's sluggish I can't promise anything. I'll post the article in the thread for anyone who wants to read it, and I'll try to hang around here more as well. ;) Thanks in advance!

i'll be sure to take more screenshots of russia placing cities in the snow for this

If anyone is interested in it, here's the article. Thanks to those who expressed an interest and provided me with some stuff to look at!

If anyone is interested in it, here's the article.
Thanks for a terrific article! Those are two iconic example of the AI being terrible at war.

Are you done with this idea for now, or will you be providing other examples of the AI being AI? From your initial description, I was expecting some diplomacy examples too. The one that comes to mind is one turn the AI being Afraid, maybe asking for a DOF, and the very next turn the AI denounces the me!

Thanks for a terrific article! Those are two iconic example of the AI being terrible at war.

Are you done with this idea for now, or will you be providing other examples of the AI being AI? From your initial description, I was expecting some diplomacy examples too. The one that comes to mind is one turn the AI being Afraid, maybe asking for a DOF, and the very next turn the AI denounces the me!

I'm probably done for now, I'm not sure if I'll be doing Civ content in the future but it will likely be a new topic. I suppose I could have created a slideshow or something, but I was trying to use single images, which are a bit harder when showing diplomacy.

I once had Ethiopia steal Calendar from me in the modern age. Addis Abbaba was founded in the snow and I guess he eeked out a living catching fish.

Screenshots like that are often posted on /r/civ. I just searched for "Hiawatha" there and this was one of the top results: http://imgur.com/bIXFFhe ;)

Hahaha, I wonder how long it took to get Cuba up to six population! Even if he rush bought a lighthouse, that will still take forever!

Top Bottom