Civ5 Wishlist

3. More internal politics. Could lead to domestic instability or even civil wars with real bad luck or bad handling.

Seconded, good one. Works together with expanded economy and trading, with religions and with so much more. Let civs not be a single Black stone anymore (no Realism theory like in international relations ;))

I wish EmperorFool & the rest of the BUG team was working on the interface for Civ V.

My main grief: It's stupid that if you're running a free market system with a president and universal suffrage that the president decides what every single city can build. It's like getting the advantages that a planned economy with a good leader has with none of the costs and its the complete opposite of what your civics should do. I think governors should have autonomy and that there should be a penalty for direct interference.

My main grief: It's stupid that if you're running a free market system with a president and universal suffrage that the president decides what every single city can build. It's like getting the advantages that a planned economy with a good leader has with none of the costs and its the complete opposite of what your civics should do. I think governors should have autonomy and that there should be a penalty for direct interference.

Sometimes gameplay needs to take precedence over realism.

1. Supply trains
2. RELIGION!
3. Ambushes and other advanced combat stuff.
4. What I call 'Guns, Germs, and Steel'
5. Random events.
6. Spherical World, like in the spore civilization stage, with realistic distances.
7. Hey, I like micromanagement and workers!
8. After a certain stage of city expanse, the cities start to spread to neboring tiles.
9. The ability to send food/production between connected cities.
10. A better climate system, vital for GGS.
11. Political parties, and more politics. Maybe people revolt or elect someone else if you do really badly.

more of a silly wish but: i want the hot women leaders in CIV to stay hot.

I can't really visualize how what you're proposing would work though.

I think it would work quite easily. You could make any tech available to research at the start, unless of course a tech required a prerequisite tech. Players would be kept from researching Fission right at the start because of its tremendous cost. Therefore, research would likely progress along set patterns anyway because of the importance of certain techs (like pottery), but it would also give players greater freedom to beeline techs for trading or military advantage. Anyways, I'm not saying I believe the idea is the best option for the game, but it does have interesting possibilities and would be easy to implement.

Sometimes gameplay needs to take precedence over realism.

But I imagine it would be easily enough to implement would be a natural progression towards a better 4x game/empire building game

Also to expand on my point, I think the same should be applied towards research. You should be able to research multiple things at the same time/'randomly' receive techs
For example, early on in the game, farmers could discover some ways to increase production. Or in the feudal age a weavers guild can discover better sewing techniques or a new kind of fabric or how to use cotton. Eventually this technologies would spread/be sold to other civilizations. (Random events/tech diffusion mod (I know at least RoM has this mod) have touched on this)
Later on, after you have a more centralized government you could research stuff via funding. Hire a research lab in the private sector to go for something specific, or fund a national science lab.

Here are my wishes to see in Civ5:

1 - A few more government types like oligarchy, technocracy, popular democracy (different from representative democracy) and others.
2- No revolution in voluntarily changing civics. That, IMHO, was stupid. Revolution should only occur during high stress factors such as war weariness, high unhappiness (possibly caused by harsh civics), border sprawl, corruption, but not voluntarily.
3 - Add economic investments/takeovers in enemy borders.
4 - Spy system should be easier to utilize without decreasing other factors such as science or culture
5 - Decrease the war-bog effect - getting dragged into a war shouldn't decrease your resources to the point you can't do anything esle
6 - More opportunities to gain ground in tech race such as events, military conquering with a chance to gain an opposing tech (like it used to be).
7. Bring back other traits like agriculural and seafairing!
8 - video advisors

1. ignore everyone who wants something in civ 3 or earlier back. this game must look to the future, not stuck in the past.

1. I want a stand-alone rules/map/scenario editor.
2. Food caravans (or something similar). I don't think the size of cities should be determined on the amount of available food in the immediately surrounding area. Especially not in industrial/modern times.

2. Food caravans (or something similar). I don't think the size of cities should be determined on the amount of available food in the immediately surrounding area. Especially not in industrial/modern times.

I've tossed this idea around in my own head for some time. I still can't entirely support it. I *like* the idea, but I think it might break the fundamentals of the game too severely.

I was a fan of the trade roads in Call to Power II with the little goods moving on the maps and which can be broken by pirates....
I ll' like to see them bringing back The silk Road or create a trade concept with it...
Like for example, define a "silk road" with different cities through different friendly countries...if one of them is captured by enemy the "silk road" is broken.

Perhaps the workers could dig canals between seas...or ships could follow rivers in order to explore or trade?

I like the canal idea with a max of 1 or 2 spaces. I have wanted that idea for a long time - and rivers should be navigable too.

One must look back to the past to plan for the future. Some features from Civ3 and earlier are worth including.

This is absolutely true, but one must think critically about which features fall under this category. Each Civilization does *not* need to be a super set of all of its prequels. Cutting features is a natural part of making a healthy sequel.

I would like to see an easy to use system for naming units. For instance, if I make battle ships, I would like the option to use historically accurate battleship names/numbers that would be civ specific. As in first American battleship produced would be BB-1 USS Indiana. It doesn't necessarily have to be that but anything is better than the way it is now.

Top Bottom