Civ6 Forum Style Unveiled!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I am happy to announce that a new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it is made the default forum style!

This Civ6 style is designed by Civ5 modder sukritact. Many thanks to sukritact for taking the time to help!

In the near future we plan to make a darker version based on this Civ6 theme.

We also plan to continuously tweak this forum style to make it even better!

Last edited:
I like it quite a bit, although I'm not sure how to feel about the serif forum titles. Maybe it's fine. I haven't decided yet. :p

Beyond this, I might recommend removing the italics from quote tags and adding a faint hover effect to the forums. And by faint, I mean faint. Just a slight colour change to indicate which forum you're hovering over. The only reason I recommend this is because the forum is fluid-width and those with really wide screens can use all the help they can get in keeping track where they're pointing while navigating. :)

Edit: Looking at the index a little closer, I wouldn't be opposed to the font size being universally increased by 1 or 2 points.

I have to say, its much better than the old civ vi theme :p

Still, I feel there is just too much going on, which is why I am sticking to the modern CFC skin. I perfer simplier skins that have subdued colors tbh

Looks fantastic! Nice work all. A few quirks aside, this upgrade/migration has made CivFanatics better than ever. Loving all the new functionality.

I am grateful that we have graphics designer members willing to help. :)

I am no good at graphics myself.

It looks fabulous!! :thumbsup: <--- ???

And the places you've used serif type looks natural and nice. Don't change that.

Alright! Things are beginning to look nice. Good job!:hatsoff:

I do have a question: what are these points next to my profile pic? Are they good or bad points?

Last edited:
Alright, so I noticed a problem: The number pop-up on the Alerts functionality is tiiiiiny. Tiny enough that I couldn't see how many alerts I had at a glance. Could the font size for that be bumped up a few, por favor?

Edit:

Last edited:
I'm really liking this new theme

I'll add my "2 cents worth": very good. @sukritract always does excellent work so why would this skin be any different.

Looks really good!

The theme makes it hard to access my alerts on my mobile. Have to go into my profile to get to them.

Brilliant, way better now, I'm loving it. I also love how you have given the user a choice at the bottom of the page to choose which they prefer, I for one prefer this new style. Kudos to sukritact for his wonderful theme styling and Kudos to Thundefall for implementing it :hatsoff:

Thanks for this, the new style is a big improvement, but I'll need a darker background to really enjoy the site again. (If it's at all possible, I'd also appreciate an option to switch to something close to the old style. It was so familiar that my mind was somehow able to blend out the ads which suddenly distract me.)

It is too... 'Busy', for me, except that 'busy' mightn't be the right word. Fancy, maybe? Non-clean, hard to read at a glance? I'm not sure how to word it.

Will we eventually get the old 'grey-red-ish' skin back, if you know what I mean? The one that had this? Though I suppose I have grown accustomed enough to the original skin used after the migration.

Top Bottom