CivFanatics -- Hands-On Civ4 Preview

Chieftess said:
A Multiplayer Preview may be out shortly (within a day or so). It has been sent to the editor, so to speak.

Considering the lack of real MP previews I'm sure it'll be a welcome addition.

CS

Hmmm, too bad... seems some people don't want there to be any surprises when they play the game. ;)

Awww, be fair Trip, you can hardly blame us for being incredibly excited-and desperate for ever more info-now can you? ;)!
Would you be interested in answering any of my questions??

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but....there's still like 11 whole days until release-I don't know if I can go that long without going MAD!!!!! :D!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Not according to EB games-here in Australia. I preordered with them, and they assured me that it is coming out on, or around, the same time as the US. Plus, I wasn't going to be able to get it until the weekend anyway!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

0h man.... i so need this game. I so need this game!!! I so need it....

Im gonna put in an order for a new computer right now just so I can experiance the full awesome power of this new civ

soooo excited!

Aussie_Lurker said:
Not according to EB games-here in Australia. I preordered with them, and they assured me that it is coming out on, or around, the same time as the US. Plus, I wasn't going to be able to get it until the weekend anyway!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.
I thought it wasn't comming in Oz till Nov the 3rd. (I haven't pre-ordered myself *runs for my life*)

Aussie Lurker: I hope you don't get one from the bad batch they processed in which they sent empty boxes to those Australian retail stores.

ELMO RUNS AWAY BEFORE AUSSIE CAN HIT HIM! :)

OK, so you mean to tell me Civ IV maps will be, like, spherical? You know, like planets shaped like...you know...globes?

I'm not sure I've ever experienced an alternate historical timeline that wasn't on a cyllindrical planet!

Rise of Complexity IV: Dawn of the Modern Empires.

Fargo: Look if it were easy to get women into bed, I wouldn't be playing videogames all the time. Besides, if the flowers don't work, you could always get her drunk

:lol:

That remark that you could switch multi-units to single units has made my day. :)

Chieftess said:
A Multiplayer Preview may be out shortly (within a day or so). It has been sent to the editor, so to speak.

:woohoo:
All previews I've read so far say nothing or almost nothing about the MP. I absolutely HAVE TO KNOW if the new MP is finally right or if it's <removed> like in Civ3. Like waiting for the AI turn to end for like 20 mins and then having the game crash :mad: After playing 3 days straight :mad: Still mad on Firaxis for that.

But they can make it up completely! Just gimme an awesome MP! :) GIMME! GIMME!!

PS: My left eyebrow ist twitching constantly and it's getting worse every day the cIV release comes closer... I... am... so... excited... waaah! :D

Moderator Action: Please watch your language.

thanks.

Drakan That remark that you could switch multi-units to single units has made my day. :)[/QUOTE said:
My feelings exactly! Judging solely by the screenies, I've been ambivalent about the multi-units, fearing the screens might get too cluttered... but if Firaxis has made single units an option THAT's what I call user-friendly. :goodjob: Firaxis!!!!

@shigga: take another look at the previews posted on the main page - there were several that focused on MP and they were uniformly enthusiastic about the MP in Civ4 ... seems they actually focused on MP even before the SP game! So you shouldn't have any complaints...

Trip? There you are! Ever since you got that fancy gig in Hunt Valley, you won't come out and argue with me any more! ;)

Now that you have time to post here again, does this mean the game has gone gold now? :mischief: C'mon, you can tell me. Nobody here but us two and "a few of our closest friends". :lol:

- Sirian

@mod:

Huh? What did I do wrong? I thought using wildcards would be ok? Sorry... my strong feelings for this overwhelmed me... but to be honest: IMHO that word described the actual state of the civ3 MP exactly. Forgive a humble sinner :)

Michelangelo said:
Demo-version?????????? :eek:
That was my first thought when I saw that too. :lol:

But its probobly just a preview.

I would they walk us through the game live with a web cam :D

Top Bottom