Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Public Beta

This sun god pantheon is further evidence these guys haven't a clue about this game and any kind of balance for multiplayer. MP experience in civ v continues to deteriorate. Im gonna walk away now until Civ6 and hopefully some decent lead development for MP.

No clue about the game that they made? Really?

Anyway, the patch looks great. Looking forward to the final release. :)

With sun-god specifically he has a point, wheat and banana starts are already some of the best because they make granaries offer more than just +2 food.

This sun god pantheon is further evidence these guys haven't a clue about this game and any kind of balance for multiplayer. MP experience in civ v continues to deteriorate. Im gonna walk away now until Civ6 and hopefully some decent lead development for MP.

With sun-god specifically he has a point, wheat and banana starts are already some of the best because they make granaries offer more than just +2 food.

What, and granting Faith to the best resource in the game (Salt) wasn't crossing your mind when you thought those things were broken?

When the patch goes live will my saves still be playable?

That is what I truly *love* about you Firaxis guys. You really, *really* go that extra distance to provide post-release support for your games. This looks like a truly amazing patch (indeed, almost like free DLC ;-) ).

Aussie.

Will download it tomorrow. I saw nothing about what is replacing the half of the Commerce finisher that's gotten bumped up the tree. Are we just assuming the change in the amount of gold generally makes the finisher more vital in comparison or...?

I find it a little odd that Landsknecht appears in Civil Service for every civ, since now it is a social policy unit like Foreign Legion. I mean you get Commerce in the Medieval Era anyway.

Turns seem longer to me, too. More specifically, during the city-state phase.
I noticed this too. Especially in the city-state phase yes. This was very evident from the get go.

I'm playing a Standard sized game with my usual amount of Civs and CSs, and turns are usually very fast. Except the first one which we know always takes longer. But now, I noticed that the city-states icon stayed up much longer than before.

Sorry If I'm just not remembering right, but since the patch I'm seeing notifications about city-state protection pledges from players I haven't met yet that include their Civ name (e.g. Brazil, Siam). I don't remember that as being the case previously? Can someone confirm if that should be the case?

For example, I now know that Siam and Brazil are in my game because of these notices despite not having met them yet. All other Civs are still 'Unmet Player' on the score-card for example. I have met the city state they are pledging to protect.

Sorry If I'm just not remembering right, but since the patch I'm seeing notifications about city-state protection pledges from players I haven't met yet that include their Civ name (e.g. Brazil, Siam). I don't remember that as being the case previously? Can someone confirm if that should be the case?

For example, I now know that Siam and Brazil are in my game because of these notices despite not having met them yet. All other Civs are still 'Unmet Player' on the score-card for example. I have met the city state they are pledging to protect.

Yeah, pre-patch when you met a city-state protected by an unmet civ. It was written : "An Unmet Civ announces protecting city state blah, blah"

Yeah, pre-patch when you met a city-state protected by an unmet civ. It was written : "An Unmet Civ announces protecting city state blah, blah"

Ok, well that seems like a bug then. Now I'm seeing 'Siam announces' without having met them.

I think i found a bug with the expansion promise made to AIs. When i settled sao paulo montezuma asked me to stop, i said yes and proceeded to settle salvador next to his capital. He still thinks the promise is fullfilled.

The settler kicking the Great General out of the city is another thing i hadn't noticed before.

I think i found a bug with the expansion promise made to AIs. When i settled sao paulo montezuma asked me to stop, i said yes and proceeded to settle salvador next to his capital. He still thinks the promise is fullfilled.

Could be a bug -- OTOH, Salvador is much closer to your capital than Sao Paulo, and therefore possibly doesn't trigger the "broken promise" logic.

Could be a bug -- OTOH, Salvador is much closer to your capital than Sao Paulo, and therefore possibly doesn't trigger the "broken promise" logic.

Before the fall patch, they would get up in arms over if you could even see their territory on the same screen as where you settled, didn't matter if your capital was right there too. It's a bug -- yes, they should be more lenient, but not this lenient. If you settle adjacent to them, it should count.

On the topic of bugs, I found Salt and Ivory spawning in Grasslands. Civilopedia isn't saying they're supposed to spawn there. Considering that Ivory is normally only supposed to spawn in plains, and salt is normally reserved for low-food plots, this seems like a bug.

Spoiler :

Savegames: http://www.mediafire.com/download/75n77i78ppq1fjc/BUG_-_Plains_Luxes_in_Grasslands.Civ5Save
http://www.mediafire.com/download/85oc0koizwc2eqg/BUG_-_Plains_Luxes_in_Grass2.Civ5Save

Crossposted this in the 2K support forum as instructed. It's pending mod approval now.

Top Bottom