Civilization V Buildings - Complete List

Hospitals and medical labs store food? Whaaaaat? :confused: I realize the health mechanic was taken out, and they need something else for hospitals to do, but seriously... what? I'm getting this mental image of empty hospital beds being filled with sacks of grain.

Quick edit: Why not make hospitals reduce happiness from overpopulation? You could reason that that's a result of some "behind the scenes" improvements in public health, making people happier that they aren't plague-infested because they live in a densely populated city.

Hmm interesting. I'll have to plan my cities out in advance to try to grab spots where the bonus buildings will function. If I see a flat desert tile next to a river, that's where my production city is going. (Ok there's more to it than that)

Hospitals and medical labs store food? Whaaaaat? :confused: I realize the health mechanic was taken out, and they need something else for hospitals to do, but seriously... what? I'm getting this mental image of empty hospital beds being filled with sacks of grain.

Quick edit: Why not make hospitals reduce happiness from overpopulation? You could reason that that's a result of some "behind the scenes" improvements in public health, making people happier that they aren't plague-infested because they live in a densely populated city.

I think it is meant to represent a decreased mortality rate. With Hospitals and Med Labs, diseases can be cured more easily and the more infants grow to adulthood.

It is a bit odd to think of hospitals and med labs as helping you keep food, but it works for representing decreased mortality rates... however... I wonder if it might have been better to just get rid of "food" and instead have farms, etc. produce "health." It would serve the same purpose but make the hospital/med lab make sense... and farms would make sense, too. Although there might be a better term than "health."

Working on a farm is really heavy work. Also, traditionally diseases have often spread on the countryside though to poor hygiene. A hospital would make the farmers less sick and therefore they produce more food. I actually think this one is rather logical.

Top Bottom