Civ's Translation to console

Shamshir

Chieftain
I just downloaded the Revolution Demo for the PS3 and i have only started playing Civ3 a while ago (mate lent it me :)). I do not think it translates well to console. When i was playing Civ3 you can easily spend hours hunched over the screen but around a TV on the sofa i don't think it works. But it seems to be getting rave reviews is it just me? Or does anyone else feel like this? Does any RTS work well on console?

Also hi, my first post :)

Hi, and welcome.

This is the first Civ game that I've ever played, and I quite enjoy it. Perhaps it's because I don't have the baggage that the PC players have. After working my way through all of the SP modes, I now primarily find satisfaction playing MP games. I really wish there was a way to play a two-player game on the same console, so that I could play with my son, but it ain't so, at least for now.

Also, this may be the first "simplified-from-the-original" game I've played that still takes two or three hours to complete!

Welcome to the forums!

I'm a longtime Civ3 player, and I also really enjoy Civ Rev. The trick is to look at it as its own game instead of a sequel to the PC games. If you want to play a very involved empire building game, go with with Civ3 or Civ4. If you're just looking to have some fun and be finished with the game in a few hours, Civ Rev (in my opinion) really delivers. I personally like having the option between the two. It's nice to be able to kick out a couple quick(ish) rounds of Civ Rev, especially after having completed a very long and involved game of Civ3.

Welcome to the forums, Shamshir :beer:

as an analogy i would say that civ:rev is basically Civ4 but under a less powerfull microscope.

additionally, i think that it is probably the best strategy game on a console.

Civ games fall are not real time strategy games but turn based strategy games. TBS not RTS.

Civ4 BtS is a very deep game which I really enjoy. If Civ Rev is a "streamlined" version, with far fewer options (thus very much more limited replayability) I don't think I'll ever be buying it. Maybe when I can pick up a DS for $20 and this game for $10 I'll do it. :p

Top Bottom