Civworld Ethics

zeeter

Emperor
Ethical question here. Happened in my last game. We were going to have a battle and I guess the defense minister must have been sleeping at the job because he never put any troops up. We had PLENTY of troops to beat the defenders, but he still pulled someone else's troops off the board and put his own down so that he'd get the medal.

Is this an ethical move? I mean, he missed the boat. Defense minister should be used to run the battle; not to manipulate who gets the medal.

Technically a defense minister has the power to completely screw a nation over and then defect to the winner, so I do believe the position needs a little re-thinking. At least, how it's obtained.

Same thing happened in my case. This morning early someone de-throned me and then the defense minister put all his and his buddies' troops in...

I had to dedicate a lot of resources to science to get MVP and get a medal to get back on the throne but by that time it was too late to coordinate a proper defense, the sad part is that we HAD the manpower to defend those guys but we were so disogranized, everybody had small little stacks.... the best I could do at that point was mass retreat and try to save units as much as I could... :S

I woulda even appreciated such an underhanded move except for there was NO way they coulda won the battle like that.... so it was shooting themselves in the foot too!!

So long as the DM replaced the weakest stack of a type with a stronger one (which, from the sounds of it, he didn't), that's perfectly reasonable. Putting your units in first doesn't secure a place for you in the battle if someone can help the team more.

^^
Not when your team has already enough strength.
If I was the OP I would keep an eye on this "team" player.
There's a good chance this person will retreat all stacks with a medal of another player in the next battle.

I agree that it depends on why they are retreating the stacks. I retreated 7 stacks before a battle the other day. As a result we were able to win instead of lose. I also retreated virtually everyones troops and we lost 10 wonders. however we were never going to win that war. Our attack was 1/4 of their defence yet people still voted yes to war even after I told them that. Vote was overwhelming for war that political minister could not veto it.

As far as could we have won or not, we were fielding stacks of 100+ Infantry, fighters, , submarines, and artillery against their phalanx, knights, and longbowmen. They didn't even have galleys or galleons. So the matter of removing the weakest stack to put on a stronger one was kind of a moot point.

We were so far ahead at this point of the game that I think most of the other players didn't bother to even log on anymore. We only lost one era because a five person civ attacked a 1 person civ but didn't log on for the battle and it was early enough in the game that they didn't have a technological advantage.

BTW: Why we were bullying other civs around? They had a wonder and we wanted it. Plus it was fun.

As far as could we have won or not, we were fielding stacks of 100+ Infantry, fighters, , submarines, and artillery against their phalanx, knights, and longbowmen. They didn't even have galleys or galleons. So the matter of removing the weakest stack to put on a stronger one was kind of a moot point.

We were so far ahead at this point of the game that I think most of the other players didn't bother to even log on anymore. We only lost one era because a five person civ attacked a 1 person civ but didn't log on for the battle and it was early enough in the game that they didn't have a technological advantage.

BTW: Why we were bullying other civs around? They had a wonder and we wanted it. Plus it was fun.
almost sounds like a game I was in except the one strong civ (egypt) didn't win as many eras as we won alot by economic victory. One civ attacked us on that basis as we put in 300k of production worth of units and picked up close to 10 techs

The last piece of fun in CivWorld, besides the waiting, bad gameplay, lack of communication, bugs, etc.;
was destroyed by some huge bastard/low life (maybe a multiple account) who interfered in almost every battle
with his/her huge army to gain nothing (foreign troops) but simply to deny a win to the attacker.
This moron isn't leading in fame points nor trying to improve his/her ranking in the current civ.
No matter how good your gameplay is or how many civbucks you spend these kind of inferior species spoil everything.
This keyboard hero is safe in front of his/her computer; in a more social situation, this person probably wouldn't be playing anymore.

Top Bottom