Claim tile?

c0pr4x

Warlord
Hi!

I would like to know... how to unclaim the tile my ennemy has? I want to build a city there but i can't... and i don't know how the AI claimed it too....

Can someone explain it to me?

P.S. See the photo. (The tile is the red circle)

Thx :)

Attachments

• Civ4example.jpg
    Civ4example.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 100
They probably claimed it by building a fortification or watch tower there. You need to capture or destroy it or build your own there

How to capture? I tried with archer but didnt had any options... didnt try with a worker..

I'n my experience, you have to declare war after the mandatory peice period runs out.

The fort should automatically become yours when you move one or more units onto it, while at war with its owner.

I believe that only one unit is required to take a fort when the culture of its tile is predominantly yours, but forts where you do not already have majority cultural influence take two units to take over.

I believe that only one unit is required to take a fort when the culture of its tile is predominantly yours, but forts where you do not already have majority cultural influence take two units to take over.

Interesting. How is this affected by SM?

Interesting. How is this affected by SM?
I don't think the previous comment is accurate. It only takes one unit to take a fort but it may not appear to be yours until the culture from that fort overtakes the previous. I think there's a bug in there somewhere too but I didn't do the superfort thing so I'm not 100% sure how it was supposed to work.

I don't think the previous comment is accurate. It only takes one unit to take a fort but it may not appear to be yours until the culture from that fort overtakes the previous. I think there's a bug in there somewhere too but I didn't do the superfort thing so I'm not 100% sure how it was supposed to work.
I have not seen it take more than one unit needed to take a fortification if the owner has no units in the fort. If they have a unit in there which you can't see or attack you can sometimes enter the fort without taking it.

There is a known bug of where fortifications or watch towers are destroyed and the owning culture is not reset to zero. I was going to introduce a "fortification ruin" which is a special Super Fort which had a negative culture. However it is just too complex to solve with such a simple method.

Up thru 9334 SVN it was taking 2 units to get a Fort or Palisade Culture to flip. I attack and the winning unit enters fort, no change in culture. I then move a 2nd unit into fort and Culture and possession change to mine. Been this way for sometime now without using any CM Option (SM, HS, etc.).

JosEPh

Up thru 9334 SVN it was taking 2 units to get a Fort or Palisade Culture to flip. I attack and the winning unit enters fort, no change in culture. I then move a 2nd unit into fort and Culture and possession change to mine. Been this way for sometime now without using any CM Option (SM, HS, etc.).

JosEPh
Interesting. That strikes me as buggy. I'll look into it soon.

JosEPh
This is the way it's usually worked for me as well. The only exception is when the fort is already within or along my borders and I would already have majority culture on the tile.

Top Bottom