Commerce TC1 Discussion: Fun with Sliders!

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
The game is almost underway, and it's already time for planning out our budget. :D

The following is the current proposed plan of the Office of Commerce, based upon the results of this poll. As a side note, I strongly recommend that all citizens get out there and VOTE!

The results of that poll are already strongly tilted toward following through with Consul SaaM's Philo gambit. For this reason, I recommend that our first tech research be Writing.

And, because that poll implies that we should research Philo as quickly as possible, I also recommend that sliders be adjusted so that we max out our research on writing for the time being, balanced so we research writing in the fastest time possible, while retaining an even balance in the bank.

This is my tentative plan for instructions. Please, comment and suggest changes!

Octavian X said:
The game is almost underway, and it's already time for planning out our budget. :D

The following is the current proposed plan of the Office of Commerce, based upon the results of this poll. As a side note, I strongly recommend that all citizens get out there and VOTE!

The results of that poll are already strongly tilted toward following through with Consul SaaM's Philo gambit. For this reason, I recommend that our first tech research be Writing.

And, because that poll implies that we should research Philo as quickly as possible, I also recommend that sliders be adjusted so that we max out our research on writing for the time being, balanced so we research writing in the fastest time possible, while retaining an even balance in the bank.

This is my tentative plan for instructions. Please, comment and suggest changes!

How many beakers does Writing take? Given that number of beakers, at max science how much commerce do we need to be making to actually shorten the research time? Just checking if pouring everything into it would ultimately be the same result as going with the minimum.

I also posted in the Consul's office that we need to discuss whether we want to hold back any gold for trading.

That is the tech cost formula.

Using Grey Fox's tech calculator, the cost of Writing is 320 commerce. To get under 50 turns, we need 7 commerce, which will save us 46 turns. 8 commerce will get it in 40 turns.

I believe these formulas used were 100% accurate, and my calculations were too.

I would do minimum science, at least until we get 8 commerce.

If I've analyzed correctly from GA's table, we should make 32g in the first ten turns, and will have an income of 4gpt (although it will become 5gpt the next turn) at that time (that BG isn't riverside, correct?).

The capital won't make 8gpt or more until size 3.

Anyways, I think min research would be better.

Top Bottom