Community Deity game #7 - Shoshone

enslingkorp

Chieftain
I'm not the organizer of this series, but here is a map you can play along with if you like.

Civ: Shoshone
Map: Donut

You can watch the start location and save in the attachment

A - 1 point for a World Wonder, 1 additional point if it stores Great Works
B - Final tourism: 300-600 - 1 pt; 600-900 - 2 pts; 900-1200 - 3 pts; 1200+ 5 pts
C - Winning turn: <200 - 5 pts; 201-230 - 4 pts; 231-260 - 3 pts; 261-280 - 2pts; 281+ - 1 pt
D - 2 pts for each win of WF and IG
E - Settle a city 4 tiles from a computer player before turn 60

Attachments

• start location.jpg
    start location.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 697
  • Shoshone.Civ5Save
    492.7 KB · Views: 205
Thank you for the map!

I just had to start it right away. I played 41 turns, just enough to get 3 cities. I'm using my Shoshone strategy of settling on the luxuries.

Now I am going to make some spears and some bows and see if I can get a really big empire going.

I just finihsed my game alrady but I don't want to spoil things for everyone else. Played constantly for twelve hours to get a Cultural victory :)

I assume this means that the VC is Culture but where're the achis hiding or did we abandon the CDG concept already?

Well I don't know who is in charge, really...Maybe no one? I posted the map because I thought no one else would. I don't know what achievements to make. I played a few of the previus games but am not sure about them.

We could make the object to win by Culutral victory and:

1. Points per wonder
2. Points according to final tourism
3. Points according to winning turn
4. Points according to winning World's Fair and/or International Games

stuff like that...

I don't want to be that guy, but wasn't an idea to post a preview of sorts and we can sketch out the achievements a day in advance.

Thing is, with a finite number of game mechanics, we're bound to have repeats as well

It just looked to me like no1 was doin anything.

That's because no-one was. The series-master rage-quit the whole CFC, and everyone else is either too busy, too backlogged, or has a busted PC like me. This is the Shoshone though, they are awesome and we need cool achievements for them. Here is another suggestion:

First off, map is a donut, so maybe there should be a funny donut-munching or cop related achievement.

Second, the Shoshone start with a massive amount of land per city, so that should have a related achievement.

Third, they get awesome ruin upgrades, so an achievement should be based on that.

Fourth, culture victory is mandatory, so we should make some other achievements match that.

Total Points should add up to around 20, and they should be creative and very difficult, shaping the way to play.

From my analysis of the entire CDG series so far, these are what I think everyone would like. Without a computer, I cannot open the save and run IGE to come up with the best ones. Your suggestions above are super-generic, the one's we have been using in the past have been map-specific and are supposed to be very challenging to obtain. They aren't bad, they are just easy, and people don't like easy here.

1 point for every buffalo you are working at the end. Simple.

It just looked to me like no1 was doin anything.

There is a thread to discuss the series in which players such as yourself can offer to take on the role of rotating host, discuss future maps/games, and allow players to discuss and organize. Other players have already offered to help with achievements; as such, you could have posted that you have a map you'd like to post, but need some help with achievements.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561048

I don't want to be that guy, but wasn't an idea to post a preview of sorts and we can sketch out the achievements a day in advance.

Thing is, with a finite number of game mechanics, we're bound to have repeats as well

Agreed, and no problem with repeating achievements.

It seems that the achi committee still hasn't produced enough raw material for the jury to be worthwhile assembling itself.

There's nothing to prevent people from starting, playing & sharing the results but within the framework of CDG this isn't playable yet.

A - 1 point for a World Wonder, 1 additional point if it stores Great Works
B - Final tourism: 300-600 - 1 pt; 600-900 - 2 pts; 900-1200 - 3 pts; 1200+ 5 pts
C - Winning turn: <200 - 5 pts; 201-230 - 4 pts; 231-260 - 3 pts; 261-280 - 2pts; 281+ - 1 pt
D - 2 pts for each win of WF and IG
E - Settle a city 4 tiles from a computer player before turn 60

@enslingkorp -- you ignored the feedback to figure out achievements before posting a map. Now you have ignored the feedback that the point count assigned to WW is too high.

Also, outside of SS, do folks win CV before T200? How many points do you propose for E?

Personally, I am looking forward to IF&#8217;s map!

I wanted to play a Mausoleum of H. start so tried the map despite achievement confusion:)

Stole 5-6 workers with Pathfinders in a long early skirmish with the western neighbour. By scouting wide I think I found around 8-9 ruins, so the start was pretty good.

4-city Tradition, MoH, t78 3 city NC, Oracle, LtoP, Sistine, Globe and then most later culture wonders. Kept bribing neighbours and spread some religion. Only problem was the low rate of DoFs, so few RAs. Sold the 4th city to
Spoiler :
Hiawatha
to bomb with 2 GMs, one faith-bought.

Spoiler :

With the last version of achievements I'd get 18pt for 10 wonders and 8 great works (a bit excessive), 1pt for tpt, 4pts for finish time, 4pt for WF and IG, no close settle.

T228 CV

Spoiler :

4 city tradition game.

Tried a couple of starts but this one was the strongest.
Mistakes I made were delaying WF by a cycle so I couldn't get IG before winning. Didn't pay attention and got DoW'd in the early-mid game which slowed be abit.
AIs were warring with each other the entire game so most of them fell behind by the modern era. Greece was always at war with at least 2 civs so he couldn't control most of the cs.

Achievements: 30+
A - At least 20, not sure if national wonders count. It's easy to secure most mid-late wonders especially given such a strong start.
B - 3 pts (900-1200)
C - 4 pts (<230)
D - 2 pts (WF)
E - 1 pt? (Forward settled above Moscow)

As for the achievements, here is my feedback. Current ones aren't too hard and if you are replaying they are really easy.
B, C and D are fine I guess but maybe something like this could be better.
Then again these are just my own opinion after playing the map. :)

Spoiler :

A - Great Works/Faith Wonders
Secure the following wonders:
Louvre, Uffizi, Broadway, Globe Theatre, Sistine Chapel

2 pt for each self built.
1 pt for each captured.

B - Final Tourism
3 pt - Higher than 1000
2 pt - Between 600-1000
1 pt - Below 600

C - Winning Turn
5 pt - Before turn 200
4 pt - Between turn 200-230
3 pt - Between turn 230-260
2 pt - Between turn 260-280
1 pt - After turn 280

D - Secure World's Fair/International Games:
2 pt - For each first place.

E - Forward settle a city 4 tiles from an AI player before turn 60.
4 pt - Not lose the city for the rest of the game.
2 pt - Lost the city but recaptured it by the end of the game.
1 pt - If the city is lost and not recaptured.

Possible other achievements
- With an upgraded pathfinder, defend a city/kill X units in your own territory?
- With a Comanche Rider, deal the finishing blow to another civilization.
- By the end of the game, have your religion be the majority in 2 capitals.

I really cant be bothered to argue back and forward about achievements. There is no pleasing everyone, and really, no pleasing some people at all.

I cannot tell from the screen shots for sure, but it looks like people are getting early CV without much conquest??? Is that correct? I don&#8217;t understand how that is possible!

Top Bottom