Complete Civ

Bevertje

Warlord
Hello to you all!

I tried to do some modding, so I came up with Complete Civ. It's not so complete at this moment, but in time some changes have to make it so. All thoughts and critics are welcome.

Just unzip the folder in: c:\...\civilization 4\mods\

What is done:
Code:
[B]v0.2[/B]
- Changed leaders. Now any civilization can take any leader and you receive
his traits.
- Do not look at the changes in the tech tree. I'm busy on making techs to 
distinguish civs from each other. Do NOT click on "The Impossible To Research", 
because you will crash.

[B]v0.1[/B]
- You have only 11 civilizations. They stand for the 11 main "races" on this 
planet. Some of the leader are not appropriate, I hope I can take leaderheads 
from the graphic modders ;) . Every civ has NO technology and NO traits. 
This will be changed later. The game starts in 6000 BC (40 turns of 50 
years extra).

*** Civilization / Flag / Leader ***

North Europe / English / Caesar -> Caesar is no good leader, viking from civ3 was good.
Meditterranean / Roman / Alexander
Middle East / Arabian / Saladin -> He's great, he looks like Bin Laden ;) 
North Africa / Egypt / Hatshepsut
Central Africa / Mali / Mansa Musa
North Asian / Mongols / Kublai Khan
West Asian / Indian / Asoka
East Asian / Chinese / Qin Shi Huang
Oceanian / Persia / Cyrus -> I would like an Aboriginal
North American / Inca / Huayna Capac -> I would like an Native American Indian
South American / Aztec / Montezuma

Attachments

• Complete Civ.zip
    70 KB · Views: 239
Sorry, but I really don't like your mod. Your choice of civs and the very small selection isn't what I consider "realistic" or fun.

Just my opinion though, don't let me stop you working on the mod :)

I think you're right. I will change the leader thing later. For the moment, I changed it so every civ can take every leader, partly because now you have more options, partly because I found some errors.

new zip in post 1

You placed the Inca's and the Aztecs on the wrong continent. ;)

Inca's are in South America (Peru) and the most dominant "Native South American" nation.

Aztecs are in North America (Mexico) and the most dominant "Native North American" nation.

Since the Aztecs did not really go north that much, you really should have three nations in North America:

Inca in South America
Aztec in Central America
Cherokee in North America

Perhaps you replace the "Americans" with "Cherokee", and use the other Indian guy (not Ghandi) as the leader, I forgot his name.

Here's a list of some Cherokee village names and general History:

http://www.tolatsga.org/Cherokee1.html

Capital city is "Tahlequah" , the city still exists today in Oklahoma, nicely in the center of the modern United States.

Maybe I have to explain some things.

First off all, this is my first modding and I'm getting nuts from XML. I wanted to divide the world population by race/original place of birth. I think you can divide Europe in north/south because there is a real difference in race/color between them. A norwegian or german man is "whiter" dan an italian or a greek. They also have a different culture, norse/celts/british/german in the north, hellenistic/romans/spain/portugal in the south.

Next, I wanted to give all civs a tech, ex.: BE MEDITERRANEAN. This tech would allow you to let one or some civs be the only one(s) to build a tech or wonder. For example: you could make that only north africa can build the pyramids. I tried to do, but it doesn't seem to work, it crashes.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I'm concerned about the 11 main "races" thing, to be honest. But I think it's cool that you're trying to introduce some additional cultures.

From what I'm seeing, you can change "races" to "continental groups" (actually, "ethnic groups" would probably be more accurate, but I don't know if you'd find that just as offensive), if you'd like. It looks like he's making a representative civilization for each area.

Marc

Top Bottom