COTM 2 quick game - results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
This time only 2 games were submitted, but I at least that's an improvement over the last one.
The update made it 5 games, a number I find much more encouraging :)

While EsatP concentrated on just getting finished ASAP, Ghostwind wanted to get some techs and more luxuries at a cost in speed. With the update, however, Jonathanvaljean placed himself at the top.

1. Jonathanvaljean - 855 points
  2. EsatP - 835 points
  3. Twonky - 825 points
  4. Ronald - 820 points
  5. Ghostwind - 580 points

Thanks to all players for participating :)

edit: results updated with the new submissions from the extended deadline

I simply had no time. Sgotm, cotm and RL. I wanted to play this one since I thought the economic goal is very interesting. Maybe the time to finish could be increased by one more week.

Ronald

I'll see what I can do about extending the submission date. Meanwhile, there's nothing keeping you from playing the game :)

@Ronald
The submission date has now been extended to the 26th of this month :)

Theoden said:
@Ronald
The submission date has now been extended to the 26th of this month :)

I played it. It was fun and much faster than I thought.
Finished in 770 AD. I tried to upload the game but I could not. It said it is a problem with the file.
I will try again tomorrow, maybe you can check if the upload is working.

Ronald

Apologies. I've not tried re-opening a closed game before, and I didn't do it quite right. It's OK now - I've tested it :thumbsup:

Yep, it is. I´ve squeezed in my save as well. Probably not very impressive with a 800 AD finish date, but a fun game! It took me 3:15 hours, a very reasonable time for a QuickGame. Thanks, Theoden :goodjob:

Results are now updated with the new submissions. This increased the number of submissions to 5 :cool:

I've published these results on the main GOTM results page.

The Quick Game listings now have the normal Jason score column renamed as "Quick Score". This is the manually calculated score in the case of games like this one, where there's a special score formula. For games where fastest finish wins then Quick Score is (2050 - finish date) to provide the correct sort order.

killercane said:
I guess JvJ gets the Alan Greenspan Award?

I accept. ;)

Thanks killercane for your quick game idea. I really enjoyed this economic challenge. Also, thanks to you, Theoden, for the work you put into scoring the games and in moderating the spoiler. :goodjob:

I will be looking forward to the next quick game.

Top Bottom