COTM 9 quickgame and COTM 3 quick game results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
I might as well post the results from these two games together

COTM 9 quickgame:
There was a great difference between turns and the way the game was approached this time. It was definately interesting to watch.

1. Kuningas - 10 turns
  2. Ronald - 14 turns
  3. ts64 - 16 turns
  4. predesad - 18 turns
  5. MjM - 35 turns
  6. eldar - 44 turns
  7. azzaman333 - 46 turns
the results can also be found on the gotm results page

COTM 3 quickgame:
This time I gave what some had asked for - challenge. But perhaps too much, since only one player took up the challenge. Allthough there wasn't much competetion I still think the 1st place is well-earned.

1. Klarius - 46 turns
My question is, why was there only one submission?
Have people lost interest?
Was it too challenging?
Was it too time consuming?
Or is everyone on vacation?

I would like to have a bit of feedback on that question before I make the next quickgame.

Hi, I started with COTM3 qg, but got stuck at the choke with lots of elephants attacking. India than allied the world against me, I than got so frustrated so I looked at the spoiler from Klarius, and after that stopped playing. So I guess that for me it was a bit to challenging.

COTM 3 quickgame was way too hard. I saw an overwhelming number of indian troops near the choke point and gave up. im not spending 10 hours on a quick game :crazyeye:

I played the game as well, started the Golden Age right off, allied as many people as I could, and went for the bold move of taking the Indian city on the tip of their side of the continent (below the island). With Dromons destroying roads, I thought this was a good move, and could allow for a two pronged attack on the mainland with the AC and knights. Oh was I wrong.

The Indians showed up on my doorstep with TEN elephants and a few longbows, all vets considering they built Sun Tzu's AND Knights Templar and were well on their way to Sistines. After I fought off those, they just replaced them with more elephants, and I could see it was going to take a long time (40 turns at least) to pound them into submission wading through Crusaders, elephants, and the like. I stopped playing in 360 AD. I just didnt have enough cities to produce trebs and pikes, and those were what I needed to slowly move through their territory against superior numbers.

I liked the game but I dont think it was necessarily "quick". I forgot to submit the COTM 9 QG. I'll try to put a game submission together for you, maybe a space type goal? What different goal would be good besides conquering and whatnot?

Allright, I suppose the reasons where both too much time investment required and too much of a challenge. But, at least I satisfied one player's wish for a very tough game :eek:

I will try to lower the difficulty and increase the "quickness" of future games.

killercane - if you could send a suggestion for a quick game that would be great. Off course conquering is the most straight-forward goal there are other possibilities. Science like we've already had, or perhaps trading. Something about achieving economical goals might be interesting too. Anything which requires a different-from-normal approach is also welcome.

Well, I played and submitted, but it really wasn't a quick game ;) ( around 8 hours) .
This really consisted of big part of a complete game, because it first needed build-up of an unprepared empire, before one could really start on the goal.
It also needed a quite unnatural strategy. I would never have drawn out the war for so long, if not forced by the limitations.

I played about 2 hours, then had no more time to finish. I stiil have interest in quick games.
Optimally for me, I should be able to finish them in between 1 and 2 hours.

Ronald

Top Bottom