CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

chaorace

Warlord
Last edited:
Looking for a UI project to contribute to. Could you use some help?

Yes, absolutely! Anyone can contribute by submitting a PR here: https://github.com/chaorace/cqui
If you're looking for a jumping-off point, I encourage you to visit the issue tracker and take a crack at one of the issues. Some issues are marked as easy so that new contributors have a simple task to accomplish while they get used to Civ VI's UI structure

bug report: sometimes city page doesnt close

I've made an internal overhaul of the way the cityview is assembled. It's committed to Github but not yet included in any release. If you'd like, you can avoid this bug in the future by downloading the latest version directly by going to the "Code" tab, clicking the "Clone or download" button, then the "Download as ZIP" button. This'll download the latest changes ready to use, including the backend overhaul fixing the city panel issues

Thanks mate, pretty cool so far.

1 thing i dont like it having the delete unit open like that, any way to return it to a hidden option?

Is there a reason you say to extract to

\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

I didn't read the instructions (oops...), extracted it to
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

and it appears to be working fine?

Yes, unfortunately. I'd like to incorporate the tooltips from that mod and I've posted asking about permission for doing so, but I've yet to receive a response

My advice : don't wait for permission. It's just an obscure video game mod.

Most modders I've seen are very respectful of using other people's work.

Yes, very much this. If you fail to afford the modding community respect, the modding community will not respect you. Personally, I'm all for sharing, that's why this project is MIT licensed and tracked publicly, but I won't even be looking at the source for Divine's mod until I get permission, because I do eventually plan on incorporating some of the featureset from his/her's mod and the last thing I want is knowing how they did it when I'm not supposed to be copying them!

This looks choice. Thanks! Waiting to see what comes of the possible inclusion of the Divine Yuri mod as well.

I'll go ask, thanks for the heads up!

The problem still persist. the city status panel doesnt close unless you press the city again

Could you describe in better detail so I can reproduce this?

Is there a reason you say to extract to

\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

I didn't read the instructions (oops...), extracted it to
\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

and it appears to be working fine?

This mod was built on top of QUI, which used the DLC method. Chances are I'll be changing the installation method over to the Mods folder next release if it doesn't cause any issues

Last edited:
I'll go ask, thanks for the heads up!

Could you describe in better detail so I can reproduce this?

This mod was built on top of QUI, which used the DLC method. Chances are I'll be changing the installation method over to the Mods folder next release if it doesn't cause any issues

example i press the city sometimes it only opens the city status the one on the left side. sometimes it wont close or not show the tiles

i think this mod has a conflict with Rule of Faith of @JFD it doesnt show the religous slot

Attachments

• no religous slot i recently created potala palace witch has additional religous slot.png
    no religous slot i recently created potala palace witch has additional religous slot.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 812
i think this mod has a conflict with Rule of Faith of @JFD it doesnt show the religous slot

Yes, that's because both mods modify the religion screen. If you'd like to use both, delete the GovernmentScreen.xml and GovernmentScreen.lua files from this mod. By deleting these files you'll be losing the removal of the useless "My Government" view in the Gov Screen, but that's it, the rest of both mods should work fine

example i press the city sometimes it only opens the city status the one on the left side. sometimes it wont close or not show the tiles

I know you're trying to help, but I need some actual critical thought about what you believe is causing this. If it only happens sometimes, it's not because you got unlucky, it's because a certain combination of actions you're taking is leading to this scenario. I am very interested in knowing, in detail, what those actions were so that I can reproduce the scenario myself and start investigating

Yes, that's because both mods modify the religion screen. If you'd like to use both, delete the GovernmentScreen.xml and GovernmentScreen.lua files from this mod. By deleting these files you'll be losing the removal of the useless "My Government" view in the Gov Screen, but that's it, the rest of both mods should work fine

thanks i will try it.

I know you're trying to help, but I need some actual critical thought about what you believe is causing this. If it only happens sometimes, it's not because you got unlucky, it's because a certain combination of actions you're taking is leading to this scenario. I am very interested in knowing, in detail, what those actions were so that I can reproduce the scenario myself and start investigating

example if i happen to choose a new research and i recently open the city production sometimes the city status did not close and i cant choose a research. im going to try it again. i will report in full detail the next time.

edit: i think its fixed on the latest update.
edit2: sometimes when i press enter and there is another production available in the city the choose production doesnt show. but if i press enter again it works. i thinks this is just a minor bug. ill look into it further

Attachments

• this is the issue. it supposed to have the choose production panel.png
    this is the issue. it supposed to have the choose production panel.png
    2 MB · Views: 3,076
Last edited:
Top Bottom