Cultural Capital Mod

I don't know yet. There could still a problem with concurrency I'm not aware of yet. Trying to isolate the problem in hope to corner the bug :trouble:. There is no escape.

Of course ctp causes ctd maybe the same bug. I have several problems when i use ctp and cultural capitol.

Cultural Capitals v0.9 has been released.

The ChangeLog:

--------------
v0.9:

# Gameplay Changes:
- Added new Theme Labor
- Added new Theme Extraction
- Added new Theme Deep Extraction

# Balance Changes:
- Construction Hall: Has now a Base Production of 1.

# Misc:
- Tooltip for effects appear now when using Thals Balance mod.
- Small code base changes for better interop between mods.

Hi Moaf

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm currently playing a game with version 0.8 and enjoying it immensely.

Just one input however: I think the Horizon theme is overpowered and I almost always end up choosing it (except for the fact that it almost seems like cheating). Suggestions could be either: A) receive one settler and e.g. 2 food or
B) introducing (if possible) some kind of mechanism where a player could not select the same theme again for a number of selections, e.g. if you select a theme at upon winning a selection you'll not be able to select the theme again before YOU've won 3 more selections.

\Skodkim

skodkim, thanks for your ideas. :)
I implemented it now the way you suggested. Only one settler but a bit more food.

About introducing a cooldown for themes: I have also had this idea in mind, but so far I think it would be a bit too restrictive. In my opinion it comes more down to balancing the themes themselves. But I'll keep this in mind for sure in case there are roadblocks that would make balancing the themes impossible.

@Zyxpsilon:
(dunno how my brain did that, but it skipped your last posting)
Coolio. :) I'll think about an icon idea and post it in your thread.

skodkim, thanks for your ideas. :)
I implemented it now the way you suggested. Only one settler but a bit more food.

Good to hear

Did you upload the changes? If not what numbers did you put in? I could try to change them in v8 which I'm currently using and see how I feel aout it.

\Skodkim

Skodkim, no I haven't uploaded it yet, but i can do that if you want.
I'll change the status of version 10 from beta to stable, since it seems to run smoothly so far.

The list of changes in version 1.0 so far (not released on mod browser, since i want to add a little bit more for version 1.0):

Spoiler :

--------------
v1.0 aka v10 (Changed from Beta to Stable):

# Theme Changes:
- Theme Horizon gives now only one Settler, but improved food bonus (1.5 base + 0.5 per Era)
- Theme Ecology now correctly gives +1 Food on Jungle Features
- Theme Entertainment Happiness bonus reduced to 5 (from 6)
- Theme Faith requirement changed from Policy Organized Religion to Building Temple
- Theme Exchange obsoletes now when Computers researched
- Theme Labor obsoletes now when Steam Power researched

#TODO for v1.0:
- Small UI Changes

No reason to upload v 1.0 for my sake only. As said I'm currently enjoying a game with v0.8 enabled.

\Skodkim

Hi Moaf

Thinking about starting a new game soon as I've made a lot of small tweaks on my own mod here and there. Just wantred to check how you're doing with v1.0 before I do? Would hate to start a new game and see it released the next day.

\Skodkim

Hey skodkim,

I've attached the latest build of v1.0 (but I didn't have much time for many changes yet).

Attachments

• Cultural Capitals (v 10).civ5mod
    53.3 KB · Views: 470
Hi Moaf

Going to give v1.0 a try. First thing I noticed was that I seemed to get four notifications when I completed my first two wonders. Intentional?

Edit: More info

One pair is with leader name in the notification and one isn't. Maybe something you've been working on where you haven't deleted the old notification.

\Skodkim

Hey skodkim,

I had that bug too. But after deleting the old version (that was still installed) the bug disappeared.

Hey skodkim,

I had that bug too. But after deleting the old version (that was still installed) the bug disappeared.

I've got the old version installed too. Will try uninstalling next time I'm in fromt of Civ and hopefully that'll do it.

\Skodkim

Hi Moaf

Any news on v10?

Will start a new game now that the patch is out and I'd hate to miss a new release of your great mod.

\Skodkim

It should be - it is a great mod after all. Adds a LOT of fun to the game.

Hi Moaf

Very sorry that you seem to have abandoned this mod. Its one of the few original ones out there that actually does anything else than make copies of vanilla ideas (e.g. a "new wonder" with the same benefits as an existing one).

Luckily it seems that v10 works with the latest patch so we can still enjoy it.

If you really have abandoned the mod it would be great for some kind of sign from you and maybe even permission for others to take over on your ideas where you left off.

\Skodkim

Hello, sorry for responding that late...

Since I didn't have too much fun playing lately (probably because I played it so long that i need a really big pause :p), I did not have too much passion to continue developing this mod.
But it is sure great if someone would continue with developing it (so yeah, permission granted! :lol:)

Also, as of now Civilization Nights is using a modded version of Cultural Capitals. I didn't play this mod or look how much was changed, but seeing that my mod is being used sounds delightful.

just to say. your mod works great, after all the patches. but i have some problems to run it with random events. Sometimes i tried o load your mod first and then visa versa. This works, i build the first cultural capitol, but when the ai wins the run they do nothing. In fakt the mod seems to be broken because i only have random event installed. So when i get some time i will try to work out this problem, and inform you.
Its allways funny to play with this mod, i would prefer, if someone keep going your great work . or you went back to ciV like me( i played to much and stopt , but after the patches i love the game more than before, and have to play)
Thanks for this really wunderschönen mod!

Top Bottom