Cultural Capital Mod

.. why is this pretty much exactly same as the Night's Cultural Revolution :/?

NIGHTS simply took the code of this mod and changed the naming on it and individual effects. My hope is markus credits Moaf somewhere over in his forum.

NIGHTS simply took the code of this mod and changed the naming on it and individual effects. My hope is markus credits Moaf somewhere over in his forum.

Moaf is listed as a co-creator of NiGHTS on the downloads page, on the cover thread of the NiGHTS sub-forum, in the credits section of the in-game ModBrowser, and wherever else I could fit his name. This is a great mod - one I'd stand no chance of designing from scratch, and people should really give it a try, as it's still fully functional with the vanilla version of CIV V despite all the patches. :)

Me, in my being so new to combining mods, played over 200 rounds in a Epic game with both NIGHTS and this enabled before I realized that SOMETHING wasn't behaving properly...

:blush:

Does the mod still work with newest patches etc.?

Because I like the idea and I played a game as Egyptians. However I only could choose after I won the first election having built 2 wonders.

As time went by, I won several times but nothing happened, only the malus was shown, that I won last time. So I MUST have won several times, but couldn't choose anything...:crazyeye:

Does the mod still work with newest patches etc.?

Because I like the idea and I played a game as Egyptians. However I only could choose after I won the first election having built 2 wonders.

As time went by, I won several times but nothing happened, only the malus was shown, that I won last time. So I MUST have won several times, but couldn't choose anything...:crazyeye:

You're playing this as a stand-alone mod with vanilla CIV V, right? As such, it should still be working, (seeing that the modified versions is working fine in NiGHTS). Needless to say, using both together won't work. Try applying the manual install instructions if you're still having problems.

1. Download and copy file into C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
2. Delete your cache folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
3. Delete the contents of the ModUserData folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData
4. Verify your cache and defrag your CIV V files through Steam (right click, properties, local files, verify integrity.
5. Load CIV V and click Install button in the ModBrowser.

Thanks for your reply.

I think it was incompitability with other mods i run... i will playtest again and tell if the problem is solved...

I run it in conjunction with a lot of other mods (VEM, CSD, wonders, infor addict, ...) and haven't really noticed any problems.

Haven't really tested all events though.

\Skodkim

Hey ;) Yes i play always with this mod on, but there are some bugs with G and K.
it looks like some building you can choose with CC doesnt work, also if you click fast the button for the CC menu to choose your theme its become doubled or more. Still working without crashes but its need a setup. Anyway the ai is using it and all works correctly , but like the bugs i said its work. I tried to figure out what bugs are encountered , but have not found it yet. Maybe i will send a Pm to the creator, but he dont think i will make it done. He has abonded this month since month, because he has no time:rolleyes:

Just did a test last night and while it does create a few lua errors and some effects don't work as intended the mod itself seems to work.

It would be sooooo nice if someone would update this mod as it is really cool!

\Skodkim

It would be sooooo nice if someone would update this mod as it is really cool!

\Skodkim

Please, please anybody who can make this mod working correct with G and K.:worship:

Please, please anybody who can make this mod working correct with G and K.:worship:

As I see it most parts of the mod works.

Maybe we should start posting the things that don't work? I actually think I got it up and running with some changes I made but I bet theres still some effects that don't work..

Should I upload my version (containing some tweaks to rewards)?

\Skodkim

I would like to test your version, and can send you the lua log if this will help, but i learned that my lua skills sucks.:eek:
BTW i ask Moaf if he will rework his Mod, i hope he will come back and enjoy it again with G and K.

I would like to test your version, and can send you the lua log if this will help, but i learned that my lua skills sucks.:eek:
BTW i ask Moaf if he will rework his Mod, i hope he will come back and enjoy it again with G and K.

I have almost no lua skilld whatsoever so my changes have been to the xml files.

What have you changed in the lua-files?

\Skodkim

I tried to add some new features with lua in the past, but i failed.
BTW i just altered the xml files now too, and removed the culture from buildings, and add them to culture =yields, and its look like all is fine. Will start a test game to see if all works without problems.

I tried to add some new features with lua in the past, but i failed.
BTW i just altered the xml files now too, and removed the culture from buildings, and add them to culture =yields, and its look like all is fine. Will start a test game to see if all works without problems.

I did that too. I also added one new early effect giving a faith building, added faith to the "Imperial Cathedral" (?) building plus made some tweaks. It seems to work ok, but there's some effects that I suspect haven't worked for some time. For example I think the "Theme of Extraction" (?) that should give 2 iron doesn't work.

If you say you failed with the lua then I guess theres no point in you uploading the files since I can't make any corrections to them anyway.

\Skodkim

I did that too. I also added one new early effect giving a faith building, added faith to the "Imperial Cathedral" (?) building plus made some tweaks. It seems to work ok, but there's some effects that I suspect haven't worked for some time. For example I think the "Theme of Extraction" (?) that should give 2 iron doesn't work.

If you say you failed with the lua then I guess theres no point in you uploading the files since I can't make any corrections to them anyway.

\Skodkim

Strange, the extractions are working fine for me, at least the iron extraction. In my first games with G and K i used it a lot, and never saw a bug.

Strange, the extractions are working fine for me, at least the iron extraction. In my first games with G and K i used it a lot, and never saw a bug.

Maybe its just me thats confused about what its supposed to do.

Does it place iron on the map or just add iron to your combined resources (and if so do these disappear after the next election begins..?).

\Skodkim

Hey skodim,do you like to upload your version, I can playtest it?

Can you tell me how to create logs, is it the LiveTuner? Or is it simply the Logs folder?
With just playtesting the mod I can't find mistakes (since I play on deity and rarely get the CulturalCapital myself :) )

So LiveTuner is only for lua or also for XML?!

Top Bottom