Culture Victory on Deity - What am I missing?

benn683

Chieftain
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I joined specifically to get help on achieving a cultural victory on Deity. I am an experienced civ player, and I have beaten Deity on every other mode, and I have culture victories on the lower difficulty levels. I mean for my economic victory I was producing 6200 gold a turn so I'm not a noob.

I just cant get a culture vic on Deity! In one scenario, I had about 10 cities with a temple and cathedral in every city, but I was only producing 325 culture per turn and I got space raced. :(

What am I missing to achieve a culture victory on Deity? :confused:

Monarchy, Magna Carta and a courthouse in every city, whatever wonders you can afford, steal every GP you can find from the AI, and take over a few cities with wonders.

I have found the easiest way to a cultural victory is to take it from the AI. Typically an AI will choose the cultural path early in the game and start building wonders. What I've done is build up a huge military and take over their stuff.

On Deity it's pretty hard to afford early wonders. France, Egypt and America usually have a lot of wonders and great people, so take their cities and their wonders/great people.

If you want to do it yourself, do like Carch said: get monarchy and especially magna carta for courthouses to produce culture! The bigger your cities are, the more culture you produce. Get those granaries, harbors and aqueducts to gain population. Try to settle your great people and culture flip other cities with your culture (culture counts as a whole, so you don't need temples and cathedrals in the city next to the enemy city you want to flip).

Try playing as France (starts with cathedral), Egypt (starts with wonder), English (starts with Monarchy), Rome (half price wonders and more great people) or Greece (more great people). You can try Russia or Japan since they get a nice food bonus, so you can grow their cities pretty well!

thanks for the answers, that definitely helps.

What I hadn't done was take anything from the AI other than flipped cities (i.e. I need to start sending spy rings via boat and steal some GP it appears).

I just never really thought to do that lol. With the amount of cash I normally produce I could easily have spies in cruisers all over the map trying to steal GP... hmm definitely going to try that today

The part about population is also key.

Culture from Temples and Cathedrals increase with the population, so the more population you have the more culture you produce.

And in similar manner to Gold and Science specializing a few cities for culture helps, that means getting most your wonders in one city, and that should be the city with the highest population which normally is your capital or an AI capital that you have taken.

* Settling GP (growth don't remember what they was called)
* Building temple + cathedral, and growth (granary and aqueduct)
* Wonder (any, but most important: Magma Carta, Shakespeare's)
* Tech: Any cultural and Population

Spies. No matter what victory I go for, I always Kidnap Great People with spies. If you want to practice, use Rome.

I find Civ Rev to be very easy indeed, on Deity. Though I have to say that Space Race is the hardest (I usually end up taking Space Fight by capturing the city of the Civ that's going for Victory).

Hi all,
I found Deity hard at first but if you use the scenarios try Beta century, All the tech is already there. I just stick with one city well defended and use culture to take over other cities.

Heres some quality advice. Win.

the key is using leonardos workshop to fight a defensive war, they will send legions at your engineers and stuff, i usually get rifles with 97.5 defense in the front line citys,
NEVER GIVE INTO DEMANDS

and try keeping a unit by their capitals to cap their settlers when they come out, and a permanent war siphons their hammers into making legions and crap

keeping a thumb on their cities keeps them in the stone age while ur cities in the back make a million wonders

I first got all my achevements on Deity by going into the 'Play Scenario' and picking the one for money, I dont remember the name. You get to start with 1000 gold from the start, chose Americans so that you keep making gold as you go. I learned a new trick in the last few days....research writing and speed build spys! Then early in the game they wont have any to battle! And you can waltz right in and take most of their money! Then theres no way for them to catch up on ANYTHING! Plus its fun being the bully in the game! You can win all four with just one game if you save before the last few turns.

just to update you guys, I finally got a culture vic on deity.

I usually ignore all wonders in the game, opting instead to build libraries or markets to win an econ, space, or domination vic. This time instead of rush building units or basic buildings, I used my gold cities to rush build about 10 or 11 wonders, worked like a charm (didnt have to capture any GP either).

Is it possible to get a culture victory and get a high points rating? I've never gotten above Ethelred the Unready on cultural. :S

Top Bottom