Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

So with Ethiopia, it'll Askum, Ethiopia led by Zara Yaqob, then Menelik II, then Haile Selassie I, right?

Yes. Aksum will be led by Kaleb and Ethiopia will be led by Zara Yaqob, Menelik II, Haile Selassie, respectively. You're missing one more though ;).

Will you still make Eritrea?
Honestly, I don't think I'll have the time to do it. It's not completely off the table, and I really hope I do get the time, but don't get your hopes up.

Burundi updated to v4.

Changelog:
Spoiler :

- updated modsupport file to new standard (+ ynaemp v24 support)
- extended city list to 40 cities (from 28 or something like that)
- fixed issue where custom event could fire multiple times
- fixed issue where the UU ability did not work correctly if the capital was conquered (or not yet founded)
- fixed issue where the AI didn't receive the production boost towards military units from expending workers

Rwanda updated to v5.

Changelog:
Spoiler :

- fixed issue where some improvements weren't counted correctly for the UA
- fixed error occurring for the UA when the capital was conquered (or not yet founded)
- extended city list to 40 cities
- fixed issue where the MCIS support didn't show the correct yield modifiers from the Abiiru
- fixed issue where the player would sometimes receive a regular Prophet unit rather than an Abiiru unit
- fixed issue where the Abiiru effect didn't apply to the city's Culture output
- NOTE: the Abiiru won't give an increase to Faith anymore unless you're playing with either the CPP or VMC. This is not mentioned in the gametext, but shouldn't cause any confusion.

Next up is Tanzania and Sennar (which only need minor updates) and then the Dervishes and the Nuraghians.

Burundi updated to v4.

Changelog:
Spoiler :

- extended city list to 40 cities (from 28 or something like that)
- fixed issue where custom event could fire multiple times
- fixed issue where the UU ability did not work correctly if the capital was conquered (or not yet founded)
- fixed issue where the AI didn't receive the production boost towards military units from expending workers

Rwanda updated to v5.

Changelog:
Spoiler :

- fixed issue where some improvements weren't counted correctly for the UA
- fixed error occurring for the UA when the capital was conquered (or not yet founded)
- extended city list to 40 cities
- fixed issue where the MCIS support didn't show the correct yield modifiers from the Abiiru
- fixed issue where the player would sometimes receive a regular Prophet unit rather than an Abiiru unit
- fixed issue where the Abiiru effect didn't apply to the city's Culture output
- NOTE: the Abiiru won't give an increase to Faith anymore unless you're playing with either the CPP or VMC. This is not mentioned in the gametext, but shouldn't cause any confusion.

Next up is Tanzania and Sennar (which only need minor updates) and then the Dervishes and the Nuraghians.

Sounds great! Also, does that change where it doesn't increase faith excludes Rise to Power, too?

Since RtP requires the CP, the Abiiru can increase the capital's faith output if playing with it. It might not show in the city screen UI when mousing over the faith output though, but the increase will be there as shown in the MCIS info.

I know you said not to worry about Rwanda but should I worry about this?

Code:
[174665.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: attempt to index local 'pCity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:246>
[174665.031] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: attempt to index local 'pCity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:246>

Do you have a screenshot of your Giant Europe map? I can't find one anywhere.

I know you said not to worry about Rwanda but should I worry about this?

Code:
[174665.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: attempt to index local 'pCity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[174665.031] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\DMS's The Dacians (v 2)\Lua/DMS_Dacia_Functions.lua:267: attempt to index local 'pCity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Eh, will yes. Thanks for bringing it to my attention - I'll look into it.
Do you have a screenshot of your Giant Europe map? I can't find one anywhere.
Yes, I think so.. I'll look and edit your post if I find it.

Edit: image 8 in this album

Just updated Araucanía and Patagonia:

- added clean versions of their peace and war themes (Thanks to Hoop!)
- expanding the city list greatly (Also thanks to Hoop!)
- added political party names as support for RtP (And once again, thanks to Hoop!)
- made the alpha icon slightly smaller (following advice from DarthStarKiller)
- redid the leader, UU and UB icon (minor improvements, but still - they look a little better now)

Also pushed a small update for Kanem-Bornu:

- tidied up some lua (no real changes to anything game-wise)
- fixed txt_key issue with world event notifications from Events

Hi,
Since I'm finishing a mod about the Dervishes (Sudan Wars 1883-85) , although the mod is for CIV III Conquest, I'm particulary interested in your Dervishes State mod here. I know it's for CIV V, but for future reference, does the download come with a scenario to use it or is it just a new CIv to be added to any CIv V created scenario? Thanks.

Hi,
Since I'm finishing a mod about the Dervishes (Sudan Wars 1883-85) , although the mod is for CIV III Conquest, I'm particulary interested in your Dervishes State mod here. I know it's for CIV V, but for future reference, does the download come with a scenario to use it or is it just a new CIv to be added to any CIv V created scenario? Thanks.
These aren't actually the Sudanese dervishes but the Dervish state which was a small state based in northern Somalia at around the same time!

Last edited:
Civ V modding isn't like III modding - new civs don't require a scenario to play them. So long as the Dervish mod is installed in your Mods folder and activated in your Mods menu, it should be selectable like any other civ to play.

Been a long time since I posted anything on civfanatics, but here's a preview of something to come:
Spoiler :
zara_yaqob_LH_bg1.png
[/SPOILER

Top Bottom