DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

whoward69

DLL Minion
Players self-support thread for WHoward's "DLL - Various Mod Components" mod plus Putmalk's "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" mod plus Gazebo's "City-State Diplomacy" mod (aka CSD mod).

Background:
All THREE mods have their own custom DLL. However, you can only play with ONE mod that has its own custom DLL enabled.

V82 of "DLL - Various Mod Components" includes all the source code mods from the other two mods (code bases from Civ IV Features v11 and CSD v28).
Additionally it also includes "No More Civilian Traffic James" and most of "Smart AI" - you'll need the associated micro-mods from my web-site to enable these.

How to install:
(The correct versions of the required mods are attached to, or linked from, this post - use ONLY these.)
Download and install "DLL - Various Mod Components" (v82) [Or any later version from the Pick'N'Mix web site]
Download and install "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" (v11.08)
Download and install "Diplomacy - CivIV Features" (v 1) [from the Pick'N'Mix web site]

Download and install "City-State Diplomacy" (v28)
Download and install "Diplomacy - City States" (v 5)[from the Pick'N'Mix web site]
Download and install any other desired mods that depend on "DLL - Various Mod Components"
Delete the .dll file from the "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" mod
In the "Civilization IV Diplomatic Features (v 11).modinfo" file, delete the lines in red
Code:
  <Blocks>
    <Mod id="781d81cf-49e1-4acb-ae5f-b9e3713f98d3" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="(1a) Civ IV Diplomatic Features - CP" />
    [B][COLOR="Red"]<Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />[/COLOR][/B]
    <Mod id="c7bf7064-d1b1-4708-9e93-7a1560868582" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Community Balance Patch" />
  </Blocks>
Code:
  <Actions>
    [B][COLOR="red"]<OnGetDLLPath>
      <SetDllPath>CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2.dll</SetDllPath>
    </OnGetDLLPath>[/COLOR][/B]
    <OnModActivated>

What to enable:
Always "DLL - Various Mod Components"
If playing with Civ IV Diplo Features, BOTH the "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" and "Diplomacy - CivIV Features" mods (the latter "switches on" the required code in the DLL)
If playing with City-State Diplomacy, BOTH the "City-State Diplomacy" and the "Diplomacy - City States" mods (the latter "switches on" the required code in the DLL)
Any other required mods that depend on "DLL - Various Mod Components"

Support:
None, other than this thread.

Specifically, the three mod authors do NOT support the combined code base - I have provided this "combined DLL" as a consideration to players who want to use two or three of these mods in combination.

Any problems found in the combined DLL with features of individual mods MUST be tested with only the specific mod enabled before being reported as a bug. That is, if you find a problem with vassalage (say) while using the "DLL - Various Mod Components" mod, you MUST re-test with only the original "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" mod enabled before reporting it as a bug. Similarly, if you find a bug in one of the Pick'N'Mix mods that use features of the "DLL - Various Mod Components" while playing with either the "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" mod or the "City-State Diplomacy" mod enabled, you MUST re-test with neither of those mods enabled before reporting it as a bug.

If you're convinced the problem is with the combined DLL and it's causing a crash to desktop (CTD), please attach your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CvMiniDump.dmp" file.

Downloads:
CSD v28 is too big to upload here, get it from here

Attachments

• Civilization IV Diplomatic Features (v 11).civ5mod
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,164
OMG no words for this, thanks WHoward!

edit: Awesome 1st match, GJ³³³³³³³³

@segrix: Not going to happen for various reasons 1) the RED dll's are currently out of date (built against 3.128 IIRC not 3.144) 2) there are actually multiple RED dlls and not just one (see GitHub for the various flavours) but mostly 3) the increase in civs from 22 to 34/43 is hard-coded and not something that can be switched on/off from an xml config file

"Combat and Stacking Overhaul
This component adds some of the features of the R.E.D. WWII mod to the base game.
The R.E.D. DLL for BNW mod is mandatory ..."

See post #4

+1 for combat overhaul. I love that mod but it's broken. It makes the game soooo much better. If there is anyway to add this....awesome.

First post has been updated with the latest files - v37 of my dll and v15.2 of CSD

First post has been updated with v38 of my dll (minor bug fixes in the CSD code base) and v2 of the CSD support micro-mod - you MUST update both.

WARNING: If NOT playing with CSD you cannot upgrade mid-game from V37 to V38 (not that there's actually any point in doing so, as all the changes between v38 and v37 are for CSD only)

What do I need to do to use your DLL with CSD and Civ IV diplo with Thal's CEP, CIN and CAT mods? Can this be done, and if so, what do I need to do?

Thanks for your amazing work. It is appreciated more than you'll ever know.

Yes, my ideal game is:
BNW
+ Thal's CEP, CIN and CAT
+ Various Mod Comps
+ Civ IV Diplo
+ CSD mods
+ Combat and Stacking Overhaul
But it's impossible to join them all. We have 5 modders here and they are not a team.

Yes, my ideal game is:
BNW
+ Thal's CEP, CIN and CAT
+ Various Mod Comps
+ Civ IV Diplo
+ CSD mods
+ Combat and Stacking Overhaul
But it's impossible to join them all. We have 5 modders here and they are not a team.

Add some whoward´s Picknmix and bc1´s Enhanced UI and we have Civ 5.5 :lol:

This thread is for people to seek help on how to install/use this combined DLL, and for others using the DLL to help them out.

Please do NOT turn it into either a wish list for the combined DLL or a "what would Civ5.5 look like" discussion.

Last version crashed my 1st game repeteadly when I had to click to propose for First Gao Conference until I disabled Civ IV Diplo mod. edit: Maybe last version of CSD broke compatibility with Civ IV Diplo?

This thread is for people to seek help on how to install/use this combined DLL, and for others using the DLL to help them out.

Please do NOT turn it into either a wish list for the combined DLL or a "what would Civ5.5 look like" discussion.

All I asked was how I could use this with Thal's mods, or if I could, and how to do so if I could. I didn't think that question was uncalled for. Apparently you did. I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intent. I thought I had a legitimate question that you could answer. I guess not.

I'am having a compatibility problem with the DLL Mod, if i'am not mistaken the DLL Mod is out of date in comparition to my version of the game (1.3.18...).
And now i remember why i dont use DLL Mods....something that is frustrating me....even the DLL of the site http://www.picknmixmods.com/main/home/home.html doesnt work for me.....caspita

Hi,

First of all, I like it! And I love u whoward, thanks a lot for the mods u make!

Off-topic: [I am just playing as Nebukadnezar and have Sweden with the Great Library next to me and we are rocking the world, because he plays so peacefully even though I don't trade luxuries with him and take away his land :p ]

One problem (maybe?): The AI doesn't seem to build School of Scribes, at least no one ever has paper and we are in the middle age now. Also Sweden has the patronage policy but still no allies only one friend, so I am quite sure AI doesnt built diplo units...

I am using those mods:

More Luxuries and advanced... v141
Communitas map v1

City Stat Leaders BNW v6
More Great Musicians v2
Great Prophet Historical names (v26)
Expanded Civilopedia Entries v20

DLL v38 + CSD + CivIV all your mods there with one DLL

Cultural Capitals v16

and the Interface "DLC"

I'am having a compatibility problem with the DLL Mod, if i'am not mistaken the DLL Mod is out of date in comparition to my version of the game (1.0.3.18...).

The latest version of the game is 1.0.3.144 so your game is out-of-date, not the DLL

Top Bottom