Do the AI ever..

Snerk

Smeghead
..capture another AIs city? (not flip)

..use spies for anything else than destroy fortification?

..launch the nuke?

..preform a successfull naval invasion with several units?

I havent seen this happen in any of my games. This game would be alot better with a decent AI.

From experience, and testing out a couple of things, I can say that..

-The AI's do capture cities, on the rare occasion that they do declare war.
-The only thing I've ever seen their spies do, is destroy fortifications, but I'm not sure if they're capable to do anything else.
-I've been attacked by a nuke before, on the rare occasion (again) that they beat you to the Manhattan Project.
-On higher difficulties they always perform naval invasions, but they're never successful.

1. Yes, in many of my games the computer will capture another comp's cities but usually it's to get my cities.

2. I've had a great person (Karl Marx) stolen from me by the Chinese.

3. Never. I always am the first to build that project. Rushing, or normal. Always.

4. ... Yes. If you mean that they send a bunch of navy units at me loaded with troops and land the troops, then take out my city, yes they have.

The AI isn't much good, but they can do stuff.

This is by far the worst aspect of the game. It keeps me from playing on higher difficulty levels because I get so frustrated. The AI is decent, but the coding that keeps them from attacking each other is ridiculous. Now I know they do fight some, but their timing and reasons are not even close to making sense.

I spent 4 hours last night with two French cities pumping out culture. I was FAR behind in the technology and economic race, and yet FOUR other civilizations chose to wage massive war with me, their only demand for peace requiring me to send them a Great Person. Now I can handle and understand war with my close neighbors, but the other civilizations were all much closer to each other than me. Yet they continued to prosper as I stalled out pumping out defensive fodder unit after defensive fodder unit until I got so far behind in technology that I could no longer hold off four attacking civs. Very, very unsettling... I laid awake all night trying to think of what I could have done differently.

It's really too bad, because I reckon a patch could fix this problem somewhat. Until then, it looks like I'm gonna move to Civ IV where I have an actual chance to succeed.

This is by far the worst aspect of the game. It keeps me from playing on higher difficulty levels because I get so frustrated. The AI is decent, but the coding that keeps them from attacking each other is ridiculous. Now I know they do fight some, but their timing and reasons are not even close to making sense.

I spent 4 hours last night with two French cities pumping out culture. I was FAR behind in the technology and economic race, and yet FOUR other civilizations chose to wage massive war with me, their only demand for peace requiring me to send them a Great Person. Now I can handle and understand war with my close neighbors, but the other civilizations were all much closer to each other than me. Yet they continued to prosper as I stalled out pumping out defensive fodder unit after defensive fodder unit until I got so far behind in technology that I could no longer hold off four attacking civs. Very, very unsettling... I laid awake all night trying to think of what I could have done differently.

It's really too bad, because I reckon a patch could fix this problem somewhat. Until then, it looks like I'm gonna move to Civ IV where I have an actual chance to succeed.

I think sometimes there might be logic to declaring war against the guy everybody else hates regardless of their standings. If somebody is already at war with a few AIs, what could be safer than joining in with the majority? I recall seeing this in Civ 4 and think it was actually a sign of clever AI since what could be safer than going about pillaging a player in the midst of a major war against another opponent? Plus it might double as a diplomatic bonus (see, I hate that country too, so be my friend and don't attack me later). All of this being said, if the dogpiling ONLY happens to the human player it's just cheesy.

I have never, ever, ever seen a computer declare war on another A1 unless i bribe them, and when you do they put no effort into invading and declare war on you again right after the contract expires. Yes, the A1 is the worst part of the game. I wish on harder difficulties they would actually pose a challenge to obtaining victory conditions instead of a challange that they put more effort into creating a better military to attack you. For the nuke launching I have never won after a computer ever had the chance to research atomic theory let alone build the Manhattan project. I wish that they made the game so A1s have personalities and military civs focus on war with anyone not just you and other civs focus on what they historically were good at, like computer Gandhi souldn't be able to declare war and Alexander shouldn't be the only scientific civ in the game.

I have never, ever, ever seen a computer declare war on another A1 unless i bribe them, and when you do they put no effort into invading and declare war on you again right after the contract expires. Yes, the A1 is the worst part of the game. I wish on harder difficulties they would actually pose a challenge to obtaining victory conditions instead of a challange that they put more effort into creating a better military to attack you. For the nuke launching I have never won after a computer ever had the chance to research atomic theory let alone build the Manhattan project. I wish that they made the game so A1s have personalities and military civs focus on war with anyone not just you and other civs focus on what they historically were good at, like computer Gandhi souldn't be able to declare war and Alexander shouldn't be the only scientific civ in the game.

Just a small note, it isn't called A1 but AI witch stands for Artifical Intelligense, just thought you should know.

I actually have seen the AI declare war on each other, after the 1.3 patch. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but they had quite a fight.;)

Just a small note, it isn't called A1 but AI witch stands for Artifical Intelligense, just thought you should know.

I actually have seen the AI declare war on each other, after the 1.3 patch. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but they had quite a fight.;)
I know but A1 is so much easier to say so whenever I read AI I think A1 and then I accidently type it as A1.

Sometimes I think they're on a different kind of "sauce," if ya know what I mean. :mischief:

So maybe I should expect to see messages from the AI to the effect, "Hey..hey..hey, you know what? I love you, man. No really, I love you so much you're my best buddy...no, wait, I HATE YOU! I will destroy you and your dog too (at which point the AI passes out)"?

Top Bottom