Do you miss runaway civs from G&Ks?

fallout3dc

Warlord
honestly, games with runaway civs were always my favorite, especially when they were on another continent and you had to rush them or else they would win a science victory by turn 280. But now it seems now that all the AI's just keep up with each other almost pitch perfectly, with the exception of early warmongers, that it loses it's charm.

I never liked runaways - some maps you have no way to find them and by the time you can you're already doomed. Not fun

For me, the great thing about BNW is that power tend to be more balanced and a a runaway civ only comes in the late game. Usually I play on standard map, add 4 more civs and and reduce the number of CS's. I think it's a lot more fun playing this way.

Do I miss Hiawatha spamming cities in forest and jungles becoming an unstoppable machine of science, production and death? Not at all. I like a hard war, but not a peanut versus a hammer.

When Rome is in the game, and on another continent, he has sometimes eliminated 2 civs. Controls 75% of the continent, and has more than double the points of the avarage civ, by the time i discover him.

So it still happens sometimes.

When Rome is in the game, and on another continent, he has sometimes eliminated 2 civs. Controls 75% of the continent, and has more than double the points of the avarage civ, by the time i discover him.

So it still happens sometimes.

My last 2 games have seen Ethiopia and then Poland as the "runaway" civ. So weird...

I recently have a game where Napoleon was at another Continent and Conquered everybody there. It was a huge map so he go so many city and land, and all those Château giving him so much tourism that he is going to win culturally soon. So I have to race with my space victory, while making sure I got the late wonders and blocking resolutions. It was quite fun

I still see runaways civs since BNW.

Top Bottom